33 years ago today....

norm87cro

I wonder how many of the CAF would call for his head have we had the Internet from 1986 and 1990?

Josh 76

Watch "Alex Ferguson - New Manchester United Manager - Football Focus - 8th November 1986" on YouTube
I remember watching this.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I wonder how many of the CAF would call for his head have we had the Internet from 1986 and 1990?
Without a doubt in the world.1989 was a very poor year.I remember watching us lose at home (to Derby I think) and thinking this team and manager are going nowhere.

RedDevilRoshi

GOAT . Will never be a manager like him ever again

Then again, no chance he would have lasted this long at the club after his first couple of seasons. This place certainly wouldn’t have tolerated it.

United Hobbit

He gave a great number of United fans so many happy memories and potentially once in a lifetime experiences (eg the treble win)

Unfortunately I never got the chance to go to OT to watch one of his teams live, I bet it was a fantastic experience and the atmosphere incredible

He's one of the people I'd have on my "if you could sit down with 3 people who would they be?" list. I would love to know what he's thinking about what's gone on since his retirement

I am not suggesting he come back far from it he's earned his retirement and theres no way he should risk his health by having the stresses of dealing with this lot but I would love to see what he could do with this team. I think we would see a lot more organisation, coaching and the highest power hairdryer ever!

MoskvaRed

Many of us had had enough by 1989. It was dreary football and seemed like we were on a road to nowhere. With hindsight, it’s surprising such a brilliant manager took 4 years before his work really started to translate into results on the pitch.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I was born in 1986. It is mind boggling fergie has been around nearly all my life.