4 Failed Managerial Appointments in 8 Years

Rista

I don't disagree that we're poorly run but these managerial appointments could have literally happened to any club. It's easy to say in hindsight they were bad but most of them looked like at least 'ok' choices at the time. You could even make a case for Moyes. Even SAF was wrong on that one.

Most managers fail. 4 failed appointments is nothing.

buchansleftleg

I'd say it's a fairer statement to say 3 failures and one gamble that didn't pay off.

Ole was a steadying influence and a genuinely nice guy who has cleared out the stench left by the translator.

Giving a young an inexperienced manager a shot at running the club, when he was performing very well and showing promise at times is a valid choice. A gamble maybe, but that's ok, so long as you have a solid backup plan for what to do if the gamble fails.

The fact is Ole has just reached a plateau. Being a good guy, with good man management skills is part of being a great manager, but he has been found lacking in a couple of key areas.

The only way it is a failure is if we lurch in another direction and don't learn from our mistakes.

fergieisold

Even if Ole were to leave now he’s done a good job. He stopped the rot and has pushed us forward. He’s been a success to this point, but that was always the question...can he take us further and it looks like he can’t. No shame in that.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Even if Ole were to leave now he’s done a good job. He stopped the rot and has pushed us forward. He’s been a success to this point, but that was always the question...can he take us further and it looks like he can’t. No shame in that.
Absolutely not

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Can’t believe the number of people who say Ole has done a good job .In what sense? None that I know of.
No title challenge .No cups. Huge amount of cash spent.