Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

TEAM MOBY

Key Highlights:

• Devastating attack consisting of three insanely gifted and skillful attackers, who are capable of dribbling past a crowd of defenders, have great link up play and creativity, excellent technique and close control and can score on the biggest of occasions with a wide array of techniques.
  • Ronaldo and Netzer making an excellent scorer-playmaker partnership with the Brazilian relishing the ammunition, not to mention the two wide men also joining into the unit making it a complete creative hub where everyone can create a chance for others.
  • Plenty of graft in midfield with Souness marshalling the middle of the park and Bonhof providing his tireless energy in closing down the opposition and breaking play.
  • Complementary CB partnership at the back with Koeman being the ball playing defender and Vidic the stopper. Koeman's excellent passing and vision from deep would be valuable in kick starting quick breaks and counters, with the front three's devastating pace and directness being fully utilized.
  • Two energetic tireless fullbacks who both played pivotal roles in European Cup winning campaigns for their clubs and can happily provide width down the flanks to further create space for the attack, while being excellent defensively.
  • Match winning keeper in goal.

TEAM MICHAEL

My team will play a 4-3-3 looking to play quick incisive football. The least well known of our defenders is Amedeo Carboni who was a highly accomplished Italian leftback who had limited opportunities at international level due to Maldini but was known for his pace, stamina and defensive consistency.

Our midfield is based on the traditional 3-man Argentine midfield setup (source). Fernando Redondo, the greatest of the Argentine #5's is the central and deepest of the midfield three with the role to sit deep, protect the defense when not in possession. With possession, his job is to recycle possession and take the ball from the defense to start attacks by passing to players further forward particularly Di Stefano and Gullit. Diego Simeone will play alongside him in a roaming destroyer role whose job is to go box to box to win back possession. Alfredo Di Stefano will help out the team in all area's and link the defense and attack.

- Helenio Herrera

- Miguel Munoz

Tom Finney will play on the left of our attacking three who will alternate between cutting inside into the box and staying wide to cross, especially for Gullit. Carlos Tevez as my striker will put pressure on the defenders and use his movement to facilitate the other great attackers in this team as he did when he played with Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo for Manchester United. Ruud Gullit will start on the right where he will cut inside both to get goalscoring opportunites and to assist in the midfield both offensively and defensively.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's quite hard to predict the score here, but there's going to be tons of goals, that's for sure. Both teams are so top-heavy that even quite competent defensive units their managers assembled won't be able to influence the game in any way.

Moby

Dick
It's quite hard to predict the score here, but there's going to be tons of goals, that's for sure. Both teams are so top-heavy that even quite competent defensive units their managers assembled won't be able to influence the game in any way.
I easily have the upper hand in both those battles. Both my attack and defense are easily better than the opposition. Especially the attack where Ronaldo is leagues above Tevez and Best easily trumps Finney. While as a true wide forward Kalle is a better fit than Gullit.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I easily have the upper hand in both those battles. Both my attack and defense are easily better than the opposition. Especially the attack where Ronaldo is leagues above Tevez and Best easily trumps Finney. While as a true wide forward Kalle is a better fit than Gullit.
If you compare them individually, yes. But, while I don't like to criticise Koeman too much, his zone against Di Stefano/Gullit and even energetic (although incomparable to other attackers) Tevez is the clearest rout towards a goal for me. Your side would be playing an uber-direct football, which doesn't really help him defensively. A long ball over the top from him towards Ronaldo/Kalle/Best is also something that can easily lead to a goalscoring option though.

Moby

Dick
If you compare them individually, yes. But, while I don't like to criticise Koeman too much, his zone against Di Stefano/Gullit and even energetic (although incomparable to other attackers) Tevez is the clearest rout towards a goal for me. Your side would be playing an uber-direct football, which doesn't really help him defensively. A long ball over the top from him towards Ronaldo/Kalle/Best is also something that can easily lead to a goalscoring option though.
I don't really see the game being played out that way and I'm not sure why you've only mentioned Koeman against those three players without mentioning the rest of the players in my team in the same zones.

Di Stefano is playing against two supremely energetic midfield generals who will be tasked at minimising his impact on the game and would ensure that he won't be getting free runs towards my defense. Souness and Bonhof have featured in World Cup wins and European Cup wins throughout their careers and aren't short of the mental toughness and tenacity required in midfield in this game. Bonhof in particular being an absolute dynamo would at least match Di Stefano in terms of workrate and close him down enough. Either ways, it definitely won't be Koeman's zone that Di Stefano would feature also going by the team sheet and the tactics in the OP where he is tasked as linking up midfield and attack and not playing as a centre forward. I know he's portrayed as a superman but he won't be at two places at once.

Secondly Gullit will firstly have Alaba marking him, and Alaba's athleticism, ability to come inside towards midfield and big game ability is a good fit here, while of course Gullit is the better player. But again, it's not directly Koeman's zone to curb him out whole game. And lastly, Tevez will also have Vidic handling him with Koeman usually being the covering defender. And even if he has moments in the game where he needs to face them, he's a good enough defender to stand his own there.

On the other hand, Ronaldo running at Carvalho and Rosato continuously is easily the best route to goal for me. I rate Ricky and he's generally underrated, but he's not chosen to best matchup to be in here, and wouldn't be having much impact if any in terms of keeping Fenomeno out, who has George Best and Rummenigge in attendance. That attack will be highly fluid with all three capable of playing across the width of the pitch and as you mentioned, Koeman's presence in the team will be vital in terms of starting counters and quick breaks. With that kind of pace, dribbling and goalscoring prowess running at that defense, and with ablel passers at the back and not to forget a creative genius like Netzer cutting through that defense, there's no way I can see the opposition have a better route to goal than that attack.

I hate to be blunt and I don't mean to say I have a defense who will keep a clean sheet here, but especially with the lack of quality up front (Tevez in an all time context is simply underwhelming) I can't see them having problems anywhere comparable to the demolishing that my attack is capable of dishing out to that defense.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
How do people rate Alaba currently? Was great at the start but has fallen off.