Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
VS

TEAM MOBY:

Key Highlights:

• Devastating attack consisting of three insanely gifted and skillful attackers, who are capable of dribbling past a crowd of defenders, have great link up play and creativity, excellent technique and close control and can score on the biggest of occasions with a wide array of techniques.
  • Ronaldo and Netzer making an excellent scorer-playmaker partnership with the Brazilian relishing the ammunition, not to mention the two wide men also joining into the unit making it a complete creative hub where everyone can create a chance for others.
  • Plenty of graft in midfield with Souness marshalling the middle of the park and Bonhof providing his tireless energy in closing down the opposition and breaking play.
  • Complementary CB partnership at the back with Koeman being the ball playing defender and Vidic the stopper. Koeman's excellent passing and vision from deep would be valuable in kick starting quick breaks and counters, with the front three's devastating pace and directness being fully utilized.
  • Two energetic tireless fullbacks who both played pivotal roles in European Cup winning campaigns for their clubs and can happily provide width down the flanks to further create space for the attack, while being excellent defensively.
  • Match winning keeper in goal.

TEAM ISOTOPE

Tactic.
This setup maximizes Don Elías' skills to influence the back, and Der Kaiser's fetish to go forward from deeper position.

The Team landmarks:
- Excellent defence and compact midfield
- Smooth transition from the back
- Battle hard in midfield, and
- Creative brilliance in attack
This Team are also equipped to do quick counter attack with long passers in defence and midfield, and sheer pace upfront.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Much better setup from @Isotope this time around.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wouldn't trust transfermarkt on that, but he definitely switched to the left in the 1950 World Cup final, even though it was his secondary position. At least in the 1954 semi-final he was definitely playing on the right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I wouldn't trust transfermarkt on that, but he definitely switched to the left in the 1950 World Cup final, even though it was his secondary position. At least in the 1954 semi-final he was definitely playing on the right.
I'm mainly using him to defend. He's capable of playing midfield also. So, he should be fine.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Isotope
What Im not quite getting: Why is Hierro falling back into the backline? To me, Figueroa/Ferrara is just brilliant from a defensive and offensive POV, so I don't see the need to sacrifice the DM's higher position on or off the ball. And according to your post above, Andrade is supposed to be a steady defensive presence too, so it's not to free him up either.

I rate Isotope's back four higher than Moby's, but I think Beckenbauer should definitely be in Hierro's place. Tbh, it looks like a tremendous waste to have him as a RCM instead of being the center of it all, with freedom to run the game as he likes to. Also, if Andrade is mainly expected to defend in that diamond system, it looks as if Czibor is needed both wide and centrally at the same time, so the offense seems a bit short on manpower?

As for Moby's team, I think Netzer should thrive with this set of players around him. The front three is fantastic, and I'd expect good support from the fullbacks.

As of now I'm voting for Moby, as his setup looks very good tactically, and his front three should be put in a good position to use their exceptional ability to full effect. But still looking out for further contributions.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
@Isotope
What Im not quite getting: Why is Hierro falling back into the backline? To me, Figueroa/Ferrara is just brilliant from a defensive and offensive POV, so I don't see the need to sacrifice the DM's higher position on or off the ball. And according to your post above, Andrade is supposed to be a steady defensive presence too, so it's not to free him up either.

I rate Isotope's back four higher than Moby's, but I think Beckenbauer should definitely be in Hierro's place. Tbh, it looks like a tremendous waste to have him as a RCM instead of being the center of it all, with freedom to run the game as he likes to. Also, if Andrade is mainly expected to defend in that diamond system, it looks as if Czibor is needed both wide and centrally at the same time, so the offense seems a bit short on manpower?

As for Moby's team, I think Netzer should thrive with this set of players around him. The front three is fantastic, and I'd expect good support from the fullbacks.

As of now I'm voting for Moby, as his setup looks very good tactically, and his front three should be put in a good position to use their exceptional ability to full effect. But still looking out for further contributions.
You are expecting Figueroa to move forward when opportunity arise (just like Lucio always did). SO Hierro could be handy on going back. Like i said on OP, this setup is to maximize Figueroa and Kaiser.

Also imho, this is the best setup for Kaiser, as he's free to be playmaker or going forward if needed, safe to know Hierro is covering him. Also for Kaltz to have more impact on attack. The opponent has Best and Ronaldo. You can't ignore them by players bombing forward without adequate cover on defence.

On Czibor, I have Vidal there to help in attack (as his goalscoring record is excellent). So it won't be only Czibor, expected to do two man's work. It's all in detail, man.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
You are expecting Figueroa to move forward when opportunity arise (just like Lucio always did). SO Hierro could be handy on going back. Like i said on OP, this setup is to maximize Figueroa and Kaiser.

Also imho, this is the best setup for Kaiser, as he's free to be playmaker or going forward if needed, safe to know Hierro is covering him. Also for Kaltz to have more impact on attack. The opponent has Best and Ronaldo. You can't ignore them by players bombing forward without adequate cover on defence.

On Czibor, I have Vidal there to help in attack (as his goalscoring record is excellent). So it won't be only Czibor, expected to do two man's work. It's all in detail, man.
Alright, thanks for explaining. May just me not getting the positional shifts & duties in that concept.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
You had a very good team @Isotope

Could have been a different scoreline another day.

I really liked the use of Beckenbauer and Czibor.

Ferrara is a really brilliant fit as well as he ties everything up together with Kaltz bombing up and the need for a wide presence to deal with Best on the counters.

I think you could have won the game if you sold your team better with more detailed posts.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You had a very good team @Isotope

Could have been a different scoreline another day.

I really liked the use of Beckenbauer and Czibor.

Ferrara is a really brilliant fit as well as he ties everything up together with Kaltz bombing up and the need for a wide presence to deal with Best on the counters.

I think you could have won the game if you sold your team better with more detailed posts.
Thanks, man. My next move was to get Overath, replacing Vidal. Just to reminiscence their 1974 duo.

Although have to admit @Moby 's has easier room to improve, with his mouthwatering attack, and lots of defenders are available. Mine is a bit tricky.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Thanks, man. My next move was to get Overath, replacing Vidal. Just to reminiscence their 1974 duo.

Although have to admit @Moby 's has easier room to improve, with his mouthwatering attack, and lots of defenders are available. Mine is a bit tricky.
Overath would have been awesome at LCM. I was really tempted to vote for you but called it a draw in the end

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Overath would have been awesome at LCM. I was really tempted to vote for you but called it a draw in the end
I can understand that. I would do the same, of not voting if in doubt. Like that Pat and 2mufc game, it's hard to see the obvious winner.