4-Way v2 - QF: Zlatan vs harms

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
On harms side I don't really rate Bossis all that high in such setup, but seems like he's getting a bit overrated in draft games, considering he looks good as either a full back(both sides), CM and even a LCB in a 3 man defence.

I don't really buy Masopust helping that much the defence when off the ball or dropping deep in that channel, neither Boniek acting as a wingback or even full back when his team is off the ball.

That left side looks vulnerable and viable route to goal.

The right side though looks solid - I buy Puyol in that role, because he was a RB and also he was a RCB, that role suits him to a tee. Conti I also can buy as a wingback and also to work his socks off and drop really deep - the right side looks excellent.

What it comes down to is harms having more quality across the park and Zlatan IMO not able to fully exploit his weaker left flank.

Had he had a RW or some genuine, consistent RB threat in the mold of Cafu, Zanetti or Alves he'd probably won my vote.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Hopefully Riva is upgraded soon, who sticks out like a sore thumb in this team.
Why? I quite like him here and I doubt that there's a non-star striker that I'd rather have here. Haven't looked at the list properly so I may have missed a couple of names.

Moby

Dick
Why? I quite like him here and I doubt that there's a non-star striker that I'd rather have here. Haven't looked at the list properly so I may have missed a couple of names.
Would have preferred someone with better link up play and technical ability to play off Cruyff. Someone like Seeler for example.

harms

Staff
On harms side I don't really rate Bossis all that high in such setup, but seems like he's getting a bit overrated in draft games, considering he looks good as either a full back(both sides), CM and even a LCB in a 3 man defence.
Interesting. Which set up do you rate him in?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

I don't really buy Masopust helping that much the defence when off the ball or dropping deep in that channel, neither Boniek acting as a wingback or even full back when his team is off the ball.

That left side looks vulnerable and viable route to goal.

The right side though looks solid - I buy Puyol in that role, because he was a RB and also he was a RCB, that role suits him to a tee. Conti I also can buy as a wingback and also to work his socks off and drop really deep - the right side looks excellent.

What it comes down to is harms having more quality across the park and Zlatan IMO not able to fully exploit his weaker left flank.

Had he had a RW or some genuine, consistent RB threat in the mold of Cafu, Zanetti or Alves he'd probably won my vote.
Thanks for your input nigma, that makes sense to me

harms

Staff
Would have preferred someone with better link up play and technical ability to play off Cruyff. Someone like Seeler for example.
Yeah, I would've loved to have Seeler/Romario/van Basten here, but they're all starred :(

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Best swedish striker of all time would also be a great option.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Can see Lewandowski and Kaka causing lots of problems for Moore and Busquets, and Butcher faring well against Riva, for what it's worth. Generally the team looks a bit narrow to fully exploit the flanks.

and then there is that Cuckooachoo fella who would need to be a peak Cafu at this point to change the result of the game.
:lol:

harms

Staff
Yes, I get all that. I meant on the break while seedorf and Masopust were caught up field

thanks for your input and explanation though. And done with out crying (sjor)
That's the usual situation in games, right? When every one of the opposing team is caught up field, but all of your attackers are suddenly free to run at the opposition's defense :)

harms

Staff
Best swedish striker of all time would also be a great option.
Would you put him ahead of Riva? I haven't seen enough of him. Although, knowing you, you probably mean Larsson and not Nordahl :)

harms

Staff
Riva worked quite nice with Rivera, Mazzola and Domenghini, which is why I quite like his choice. He also combines all of the qualities of an orthodox target man (clinical, fantastic in the air, strong as an ox and is quite good at those little lay offs for other attackers) with great mobility and willingness to run outwide and free up the space for others to run into.

Of course, if I had an option of picking Seeler, who provides all of the above and also a brilliant passing ability, I'd go with him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Would you put him ahead of Riva? I haven't seen enough of him. Although, knowing you, you probably mean Larsson and not Nordahl :)
If you not on footballia you didnt play football! :D
Yeah, meant Larsson and id have him ahead of Riva. Even if you think italian is better which is fair as they are really close id say Larsson is a much better fit. Still gives you goals and aerial threat but what sets him apart is his all-round game and technique to fit straight in with Cruyff.

Enigma_87

You know who
Interesting. Which set up do you rate him in?
Flat back 4, either as a CB or as a left back.
I haven't seen him being consistently good like Brehme for the RB spot.

LCB in a back three that also depends on midfielder like Masopust or Boniek to drop deep to cover the flank not to get pulled wide and outnumbered I don't count on him to have a good game. In such formation you have to be a top drawer to pull this out, say Krol and I don't see Bossis belonging to that tier.

He has the qualities and versatility, but don't have him in the top bracket of defenders to pull that role. Yes in this game perhaps he won't be exploited as much, but as I said had Zlatan fielded a more orthodox winger or a quality FB in attack I can see him causing all sorts of problems to that backline.

Had you a proper wing back who also is defensively sound (closer to 5-3-2) then I can see that issue being mitigated, but not in this set up imo.

harms

Staff
Fair enough, I just rate him much higher than. And I'd rather have Bossis in a high-pressing risky defense than in a flat back 4, I think it allows him to shine the brightest. When you look at the French side of the 1984 after they had lost Amoros, arguably their greatest defender, Bossis really stepped it up and had played all over their backline, sniffing out the danger and killing it at its very roots.

As a left back in a more restricted role I'd put him a lot lower in the all-time list than for this particular assignment.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That's the usual situation in games, right? When every one of the opposing team is caught up field, but all of your attackers are suddenly free to run at the opposition's defense :)
Yes but usually there’s more than just 3 defenders. I give up anyway :)

good game harms