6 realistic signings to improve us?

Skåre Willoch

It should be transfers only. It's from transfermarkt.

If we're talking about net spend, we've spent 2nd most in the league, but not £887m. The figures are in €, which means it should be £745m.

I do get the point, though. We have indeed spent quite a lot of money.

SiRed

It was 6 before Bruno signed. We will probably look at 3/4 in the summer.

I would go

Sancho - if we get CL - £120m
Grealish - £50m
Soumare - £30m
Bellingham - £30m

Total spend £230m

Sell Pogba £120m

Net spend of £100m
This...... Would be perfect and IMO, realistic!

I would also like us to keep Smalling and pair him with Maguire.

bsCallout

Grealish In - Assuming Pogba is OUT
Diogo Jota In - would be perfect
Sancho In - No brainer
Smalling back for a year - Jones OUT
Henderson return - De Gea OUT

I wouldn't want Sancho if the wages are too high as with De Gea, Pogba & Sanchez gone our wage structure will be better.

Lots of players with the right mentality.

Zlatattack

If rumours are to be believed and we're getting rid of Lingard and Periera (god let it be true), then we should probably consider some cheap re-enforcements. I said it in anothe thread, but i think Fraser and Dacoure would be great squad players for us and could do a good job for us.

sp_107

If rumours are to be believed and we're getting rid of Lingard and Periera (god let it be true), then we should probably consider some cheap re-enforcements. I said it in anothe thread, but i think Fraser and Dacoure would be great squad players for us and could do a good job for us.
They are good players but players like Bellingham can add more value to squad in long run?

The way this year went on, I think we can be ok even we dont replace Lingard and Perrera as academy players like Garner and Gomez can fill in those minutes to be honest.

So if bring in players like Bellingham that would improve squad depth.

Grealish(50) Bellingham(30) and Soumare(40) for around 120m itself we can upgrade our squad and they give us better options.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm claiming my prophecy, just in case this kid makes it.

Jarrod Bowen. 23 y.o. Left-footed striker/RW/AM. Took the Championship by storm, 38 goals and 10 assists in the last two seasons. Now playing trade under ex-United manager, Moyes.

Against Arsenal:

Jarrod Bowen - All 60 Goals & Assists For Hull City So Far

beingshe7don

Sancho In - No brainer

I wouldn't want Sancho if the wages are too high as with De Gea, Pogba & Sanchez gone our wage structure will be better.

If we end up getting a striker, we are going to go for one that can hold the ball up. Does Jota have great hold up play? I would think Raul Jiminez being that person for Wolves.
Grealish would no doubt be a great player to have. Sancho would indeed be a no brainer. If De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez and Lingard was let go, that would immensely increase the transfer as well as the wage budget.

In that case, I would go all out for Grealish, Sancho and Werner at the very least and perhaps even a really capable DM like Partey or someone.

De Gea ~ 70m
Pogba ~ 100m
Sanchez ~ 15m
Lingard ~ 25m

And adding another 100m from the Glazers' pocket would bring out transfer budget to 310m. Now question is how feasible would it be to lose De Gea and Pogba in the same transfer window. Both of them have been our best players over the years and prominent shirt sellers. We would really have to go all out to replace these with marquee equivalent signings. Also getting rid of them would bring down the insane wage budget that we have going at the moment.

I think Henderson may not be a great shot stopper that De Gea is but his overall play and qualities should be enough to mask that ability and could prove to be better in the longer run.

jesperjaap

DeGea Out £60m - Too many mistakes this season and we have the best number two about as a great option if Henderson struggles at all bought back from his loan
Smalling, Jones, Rojo Out £50m - Upamecano IN £50m
Pogba Out £120m - Grealish and Zakaria In £120m
Lingard Out £30m - Sancho In £100m

Net Spend £70m

I would like us to sign another striker too but in all honesty I really dont see anybody about feasible of the right age. Jiminez would be too expensive for the quality he has and Haaland I dont see comign and do we really want to deal with Raiola again.

I still see Greenwood long term as a centre forward and as Ighalo has done ok, I would probably give him another year to assess this position, we still have two good sides with these signings:

Henderson
Bissaka---------------------------------Upamecano--------------------------------------------------Maguire-----------------------------------------------------Shaw

-----------------------------------------------------------McTominay-----------------------------------------------------------Fred--------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fernandes-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Sancho------------------------------------------------------Martial-------------------------------------------------------------Rashford

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Romero------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dalot-------------------------------------------------Bailly----------------------------------------------------Lindelof---------------------------------------------Williams

---------------------------------------------------------------------Matic-----------------------------------------------Zakaria---------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Grealish-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------Greenwood----------------------------------------------Ighalo----------------------------------------------------------------James-----------------

We also still have Tuanzabe, Mata, Perreira for the other three spots

Hanky panky

We need Sancho at any cost. James is a good player but he has no vision. Better sub for last 20 minutes against tired legs. Realistic or not? I would still say yes.

DeeDee7

Sancho In - No brainer

Really liking the looks of Diogo Jota this season. I think he is a very smart plan B if we miss out on Sancho and manage Grealish as it gives us good coverage. But I don't quite see all 3 fitting in together.

As you say:

* Grealish In - With or without Pogba leaving IMO. Covers all attacking positions behind the striker. Reasonable price, and brings that much needed reliable coverage for Bruno in the event of injury. Todays 5-3-2 formation would always see Grealish him behind Bruno. Unless outwide in a midfield diamond i never really see Jack in a central midfield role. So in a dream team scenario against minnow teams i can only ever see Bruno and Grealish both centrally in a:
------------Martial-----------
Rashford-Grealish-Sancho
-------Fred------Bruno--------
Even then i don't think this will happen often at all, and perhaps only when chasing a game.

* Sancho In (Jota Back Up) - Sancho is the world class luxury item we all need and desire. He needless to say nails down a wide spot along with Rashford. But he also easily occupies that 2 up front alongside either Rashford or Martial in a similar 5-3-2 formation as played against City. BUT should it not work out I personally see Jota as a more perfectly suited option. Does not reach the heights of Sancho at all, but he is an extremely clever player, good eye for goal and assists and has that high work rate we are currently after without breaking our new found salary structure. He pretty much slots into the positional coverage i mentioned for Sancho perfectly also. For me Jota signing would put him behind Grealish for the starting right winger role on paper.

* Benoît Badiashile In - Call this abit of a silly obsession signing of mine. But i really see this kid as the next big thing. And If you're ever going to nab some of Monaco's finest, now is the time.

* Marco Roca In - Now we seem desperate for a defensive terrier. But IMO we have that in Fred. What we actually "need" is a Pogba replacement here. The Pogba we all thought we had was the world cup winning france model. A tenacious yet graceful midfielder defensively BUT more importantly a great passer and dictator with a handy goal to boot. But it hasn't happened yet, and probably never will. It just seems easier to move on. On top of that Matic needs upgrading and I think this is the guy and the scenario needed to obtain him.
Espanyol are certainties to get relegated. Meaning there is great value to be had in one of the brightest young midfield playmakers going around.

Reactions: Niall

jamesjimmybyrondean

This summer we need a DM back up ST back up AM and RW.

Buy
Phillips - 40m
Grealish - 60m
Edouard - 35m
Sancho - 140m

Sell
Lingard - 10m
Smalling - 15m
Periera - 5m
Jones - 5m
Rojo - 10m
Pogba - 100m

--------------------------De Gea---------------------------

-AWB-------Lindelof------Maguire---------Shaw

-----------------Fred------------Phillips---------------

--Sancho------------Bruno-------------Rashford--

-------------------------Martial--------------------------

Bench - Romero, Williams, Baily, McTominay, Grealish, Edouard, James

Inter Yer Nan

Thomas Partey has a low release clause in the $50-60m range. He'd be a no brainer if he doesn't sign a more lucrative deal at Atletico. Sancho also is a no brainer if he fancies it. I think just those two signings would be excellent. Maybe if (when?) Pogba goes perhaps someone there too? I quite like the sound of a Thomas, Fred and Bruno midfield. There wouldn't be a blade of grass that's not covered. Pogba staying and playing would be great especially finally with good midfielders around him.

I don't think we'll add anything defensively as it's not a massive priority and Sancho would cost an arm and a leg. I also think we are at a stage there 2-3 additions is all we really need and anything else would be overdoing it.

DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Thomas
Bruno
Pogba (or Fred)

Sancho
Rashford
Martial

Josh 76

3 have already been signed

Maguire
AWB
Bruno

So 3 more

Sancho
Grelish
Partey

If pogba leaves ....then one more

MadMike

Why 6? I don’t remember the last time we signed 6 players in one year, never mind one window. A quick look tells me it was in 15/16 under Van Gaal and even that included the free transfer of Romero. Considering how the fees have gone since even 5 transfers in one year sounds too hopeful.

Also, we don’t need to recycle a quarter of the squad. Quality over quantity. I’d rather make 2 top signings that will go straight into the starting XI, rather than take a scatter gun approach with 5-6 players.

Thomas Partey has a low release clause in the $50-60m range. He'd be a no brainer if he doesn't sign a more lucrative deal at Atletico. Sancho also is a no brainer if he fancies it. I think just those two signings would be excellent. Maybe if (when?) Pogba goes perhaps someone there too? I quite like the sound of a Thomas, Fred and Bruno midfield. There wouldn't be a blade of grass that's not covered. Pogba staying and playing would be great especially finally with good midfielders around him.

I don't think we'll add anything defensively as it's not a massive priority and Sancho would cost an arm and a leg. I also think we are at a stage there 2-3 additions is all we really need and anything else would be overdoing it.

DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Thomas
Bruno
Pogba (or Fred)

Sancho
Rashford
Martial
This man has it right.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Could quite realistically be a tasty squad next season

De Gea
Henderson
Romero

AWB
Dalot
Shaw
Williams*
Laird*
Maguire
Bailly
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Jones

Matic
Partey
Fred
McT
Garner*
Bellingham
Fernandes
Grealish
Gomes

James
Sancho
Rashford
Martial
Greenwood*
Ighalo
Chong*

Sell: Pogba, Smalling, Lingard, Pereira, Rojo to generate £150m

net spend £100m

Last edited:

croadyman

Could quite realistically be a tasty squad next season

De Gea
Henderson
Romero

AWB
Dalot
Shaw
Williams*
Laird*
Maguire
Bailly
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Jones

Matic
Partey
Fred
McT
Garner*
Bellingham
Fernandes
Grealish
Gomes

James
Sancho
Rashford
Martial
Greenwood*
Ighalo
Chong*

Sell: Pogba, Smalling, Lingard, Pereira, Rojo to generate £150m

net spend £100m
Think that is all a realistic possibility apart from Partey and Bellingham both coming in this summer, my gut feeling is that Partey isn't all that fussed about leaving Atletico and seems to really enjoy playing under Simeone. We have been linked to Zakaria in today's press but will wait until Telegraph, Times or Athletic say anything on that one.

ovoxo

Would be insane if we managed to get Sancho, Grealish and Zakaria, and if Pogba stays, we’d have an amazing midfield with options!

sp_107

Would be insane if we managed to get Sancho, Grealish and Zakaria, and if Pogba stays, we’d have an amazing midfield with options!
Sancho, Grealish and Zakaria would be an excellent summer and it only gets better If we can add one of Konate, Upamacano or Tah.

I expect we might sell Pogba if we sign the above 4 players to balance the books.

Momochiru

This is what I think will happen for the next season:

Goalkeepers:
no change

Defense:
Rojo OUT
(one of) Jones or Smalling OUT
Laird properly integrated into the first team squad

Midfield:
Grealish IN
Bellingham IN
Gomes OUT
Pogba STAYS
Garner with increased game time

Attack:
Sancho IN
(one of) Lingard or Pereira OUT
Sanchez OUT
Ighalo OUT (I don't think it's possible to keep him, but if it is I'd like him to stay for another year)
Striker ON LOAN (someone to replace Ighalo)
Chong and Greenwood with increased game time

This would be a substantial increase in the quality of our midfield and attack, while keeping defense and GK as stable as they are now. Don't think this would be enough to challenge for the title, but it would be a big step in that direction.

The two unknowns are Pogba and Ighalo. If both of them go without more players coming in, then we would still have improved, but I can't see us fighting for anything more than top 4 next season.

NoPace

Not my preference but I think the minimum and easiest but still decent transfers - so maybe the most realistic - would be something like this:

1. Traore from Wolves, maybe Dalot in exchange to join their Portuguese contingent and they play with wingbacks anyways. Could also be a 1-2 year loan type move or buyback thing.

2. Pogba leaves and we sign Grealish to give us a creative replacement.

3. We sign an LWB to start when Shaw is in a 3 man backline and challenge him otherwise. No idea who. Grimaldo seems like the most logical choice.

4. Ighalo stays.

--------------------------Martial (Ighalo)-----------------------------------
Rashford(James)-Bruno(Grealish)-Traore(Greenwood)
----------------Fred(Grealish)-McTominay(Matic)---------------
Grimaldo(Shaw)-------------------------------Wan-Bissaka(Williams)
-------------Maguire(Tuanzebe)-Bailly(Lindelof)--------------
-----------------------------De Gea(Romero)----------------------------

and Mata, Chong, maybe Dalot and probably Jones are around as depth.

NoPace

The really minimalist scenario is:

1. We buy McNeil from Burnley to be both the RW when we play 4 at the back and starting LWB when we play 3 at the back

2. A midfielder to replace Pogba and is comfy as an 8 or 10 (one of Aouar, Grealish, Tolisso, VanDeBeek)

3. Promote Greenwood and keep Ighalo or bring in a different veteran 9 on loan

4. With money saved we buy a top youngster like Bellingham and maybe they go on loan and stay where they are even depending on who it is

Eric's Seagull

Out
De Gea
Jones
Rojo,
Smalling
Pogba
Lingard
Alexis (Hoping)

In
Diop
Zakaria
Grealish
Sancho
Ighalo
Maybe another striker.

So next season hoping

-----------------------------Henderson-----------------

Wan -Bissaka------Maguire-----Diop-------Shaw

--------------------Zakaria------------------------
------------Bruno--------Grealish--------------

Sancho-------Martial----------Rashford

Subs: Romero, Fred, McTominay, Gomes (Hopefully), Mata, Perreira, Chong(unless he goes on loan), Dalot, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Ighalo, James, Greenwood, Lindelöf.

Last edited:

Craig Ward

My ideal summer would be:

Incomings:
Sancho - £100m
Grealish - £40m
Bellingham - £30m
Ighalo - £15m
Zakaria Or K.Phillips £45m or £25-30m

Total spend:
Between £215/230m

Outgoings:
Pogba - £110m
Smalling - £20m
Sanchez - £10m (or we simply take a hit and release him on a free)
Rojo - £15-20m
Lingard - £20m
Jones - £10m
Gomes - Free / Contract issue

Total:
Between £175 - £190m

GK:
Romero/Henderson/De Gea
FB:
Shaw/Williams/AWB/Dalot
CB:
Tuanzebe/Maguire/Bailly/Lindelof
CM:
Fred/McTom/Matic/Zakaria or Phillips/Periera
AM:
Fernandes/Grealish/Mata
Wide Forwards:
James/Sancho/Rashford/Greenwood/Chong
ST:
Martial/Ighalo

Could be a few tricky situations next season:
1) Goalkeepers
Henderson will want to play and may not want another loan. De Gea has been world class for us so it'd still expect him to be No1. Henderson will have Euro 2021 on his mind now so will want to play and make a mark for a place. I'd personally be ok IF De Gea pushed for a move to sell him and promoting Henderson, but it will be a very busy transfer window so wouldnt force it.

2) Current loans dont go permanent.
Smalling/Sanchez and Rojo on loans. They have shown over time they dont offer us much and are surplus here, would be a disaster and seriously hamper our incomings if we couldnt move them on permanently,

3) Pogba. Why always Pogba
Its seriously time for him to go, i'd much rather we didnt see his inflated ego any longer. But he's a tricky one to sell. Worth more in merchandising than value on the pitch, only a limited number of clubs would entertain having him. He wants to go. Selling him allows us to improve the playing squad, thats reason enough for me

Its going to be an interesting window, but i feel our outgoings are going to be just as important.

Id expect us to be active and proactive and make some bold decisions, such as the Pogba one

sp_107

6 more before singing Bruno but now everyone is happy with 3 more. Great, Isn't it? We need more of Bruno type signings ( I will happy with CF/RW/DM but dont mind if they add a CD too)

What a change one signing can bring in. In last 7 years this is the first time I am witnessing lot of positivity and hope around RedCafe which is quite good. Long it may continue.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
RW

Sancho -
Pretty much the best attainable player on the market, he's the perfect age and would give an entirely new dimension in attack. His stats are outstanding although it's worth noting he's currently outperforming his xG/A so it's to be expected they'll average out over the course of a season. His preference for cutting back when on the wing would benefit someone like Bruno (who was ignored by James and Martial against City) massively. There will be a lot of competition for his signature this transfer window though so he could be very difficult to attract. He's an outstanding dribbler and his end product is excellent, very technically gifted, his versatility would be a huge asset to have being as equally good on the left as he is on the right. I won't talk in too much detail about him as everyone knows him pretty well, he's very well rounded.

Traore - On the ball he's, in my opinion, one of the most exciting players in the league. His pace and dribbling would be absolutely perfect for big games when it's necessary to counter attack, I like how often he stays wide and goes on the outside too, very classic. He's not as technically gifted as someone like Sancho but I feel he's quite underrated in that regard. Contrary to popular belief, his end product is quite good and a it's been steadily improving as he's matured. At only 23 he's still got plenty of time on his side and should be near to entering his peak years. Only downside is that Wolves are a very wealthy side so I'm not sure he'd be worth the price they slap on him.

Brooks - Brooks is a very talented young winger, probably the best budget signing we could make. He's reportedly a huge United fan, which would mean he very much fits our new transfer model. He's a tidy dribbler and very good technically and I can see him exploding in a few years time. He's a very solid passer and crosser, he also has quite a solid shot on him too, very few flaws to iron out. Been out all season with an ankle injury though which leaves big question marks depending on how he recovers from that.

DM

Zakaria -
I've not seen as much of Zakaria as I have of the other players I'm listing, I only started watching him after hearing how good he was from the Caf, but from what I have seen I've been very impressed. To put it bluntly, he's a unit. Tremendously strong and very quick too. He's very aggressive in his tackling approach, which is a trait you need to succeed as a DM in the PL, he's really good in the build up and often drops deep to help out his defenders for simple passes. He's got a very good reading of the game and makes a lot of interceptions, I think we could really use a player like that. For Gladbach he's played in a 2 man midfield and has also been the lone DM which could give us a bit of versatility with how we can set our midfield up, especially against some of the smaller teams. He'd be a dream signing.

Ndidi - For my money, he'll be one of the best DMs on the planet if he isn't already. He's essentially the most important player in the Leicester team, without him in the side the system can't function and it showed with his injury and their form falling off a cliff. Regularly around the top of the PL defensive charts, a bit like Wan-Bissaka, Ndidi never seems to lose a duel 1 on 1. His positioning is nearly flawless, in my opinion, which is what makes him so strong in these duels, his awareness is really good too, he's constantly tracking runners. Leicester are notoriously difficult to deal with and Ndidi's on a really long contract, if we wanted to sign him the money would be absolutely astronomical. Like Zakaria he's very aggressive in his defensive approach which is why he's so successful in the PL, having someone with that sort of bite helps out tremendously against the more well organised and mobile midfields in the league.

CF

Ighalo -
Pretty much the only name on the list for me. I'm of the opinion that Martial is good enough and will improve enough to not warrant signing another top tier striker. Ighalo is already at the club, plays his heart out and offers us something completely different, his attitude and love for the club have made him a quick fans' favourite. His hold up play, touch and strength make him a very serviceable plan B and cup striker. He'd probably be fairly cheap and he's not exactly ancient at 30. Only real issue for me is that he's reportedly on around £300k in China which is obviously far too much, if he were willing to take a pay cut I'd make his transfer permanent tomorrow.

CB

Upamecano -
A name pretty much every United fan has heard, considering he was pretty much our player before we ballsed it up, is considered one of the premier CB talents in world football. Fits our ball playing CB MO like a glove, is a very aggressive interceptor (which is something I believe Lindelof sorely lacks). He's strong and quick which I think would make him the perfect foil for Maguire, he's probably one of the few CBs who's ever managed to keep Lewandowski quiet which is telling. Supposedly he's stalling on a new contract which could make him attainable for a decent fee, pretty much all of Europe will be after him by the sounds of things. From what I gather though he's more comfortable on the left side of defence which is Maguire's best position.

Konate - At 6'3 the guy's absolutely enormous, he's very good in the air at both attacking and defending set pieces (which I still think is a bit of an issue when only one of your CBs is good at heading). He's among the fastest players in the BL which, like Upamecano, makes me think he'd be a good foil for Maguire who lacks a bit of pace. He's a good passer and is very solid on the ball, a few times I've seen him carry the ball into midfield like Maguire which is obviously really good for our build up play. He's a very physical defender which gives me confidence he'd succeed in the PL, don't think there's any striker who could bully Maguire and Konate. He's got a near perfect injury record which would make me a lot less nervy about letting 3 CBs leave in summer.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Essential (if possible):

1. Sancho (RW)
2. Grealish (AM)
3. Ighalo (ST)
4. Ndidi/Partey (DM)
-----
5. Upamecano/Khoulibaly (CB)
6. Bellingham (CM)

yo@Kirk

As good as Henderson is, it seems like de Gea would be at the top of everyone's sell list. Loaning Henderson to Sheffield United improves a league rival while selling de Gea improves Man Utd if the transfer fee is well invested.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we can keep the squad the way it is and add one or 2 starters and 1 or 2 top youth signings then that will be enough.

if pogba lingard pereira Jones and or Smalling all leave then we should have money to spend and for once I trust us to get it right. I think sancho is nailed on and what a signing he will be. Himself and AWB/Laird/Dalot will give teams nightmares on their left side. We will finally be simultaneously dangerous from all areas in attack and solid in defence. We could really start ripping teams apart at old Trafford again.

croadyman

Personally whatever happens with Pogba this summer we simply have to make signing a RW our top priority, Sancho would be an absolute no brainer for that position but do have concerns whether or not a big money move like that is going to happen after clubs have lost money in the current situation, having said that if we do still get a proper transfer window then would go for this

Pogba Stays

1.RW (Sancho/Brooks)
2.DM (Zakaria/Partey)
3.AM (Grealish)

Pogba Leaves

1. RW (as above)
2.AM (Grealish)
3. DM (as above)

Would then put either a move for Bellingham at number four or a quality CB partner for Maguire but believe the above are much higher priority than those two at the moment but I am sure others will disagree on that. The next one on my list after that would be a backup full back who could ideally cover both sides if we had an injury.

Last edited:

-Supreme-

Ditch Pogba, Jones, Jesse, Smalling for £150 million

Sign
Ighalo
Zakaria
Grealish
Sancho
For £240 million

Net spend £90 million
Agreed. I would also ditch Pereira for LB/LWB and send WIlliams out on loan.

If Sanchez comes back then I'd get rid of Mata too.

beingshe7don

Agreed. I would also ditch Pereira for LB/LWB and send WIlliams out on loan.

If Sanchez comes back then I'd get rid of Mata too.
Why would we send Williams out on loan? He can cover both sides as does Dalot. Shaw hasn't proven to remain fit throughout the season.

As for Sanchez, the guy just needs to not come back. Like Real who are looking to offload Bale for free, I would do the same with Sanchez. He just doesn't fit the philosophy of our team at the moment.

NoPace

As much as I would like Grealish if Pogba leaves, I could see us spending big at RW and DM and then looking for cheaper options at LB, Striker and a backup creative type, so maybe names like Buendia, Cantwell or Pukki from Norwich to backup Bruno or in Pukki’s case

Some guys whose deals expire in 2021 and 2022 I could see us going for as cheaper options at those spots

9 - Gaich, Hwang, Krakatoa
RW- Thauvin
AM- Miranchuk, Tolisso (versatile and Bayern might want rid I think this is the most realistic here), Sabitzer or Forsberg,
DM- Hojbjerg, Javi Martinez, Thiago, De Roon
LB- Amavi, Tagliafico,

Thought Corona will mean changes in financial situations, we might see a fire sale from a big club like Monaco selling Silva, Mbappe, Mendy, Lemar and others after their great run. No idea what club that would be, such are the whims or billionaires. Hell it could be the Glazers and we’ll sell Pogba and Martial for big money and cheap out with replacements that the fans are still sort of optimistic about.

Mark Pawelek

As much as I would like Grealish if Pogba leaves, I could see us spending big at RW and DM and then looking for cheaper options at LB, Striker and a backup creative type, so maybe names like Buendia, Cantwell or Pukki from Norwich to backup Bruno or in Pukki’s case

Some guys whose deals expire in 2021 and 2022 I could see us going for as cheaper options at those spots

9 - Gaich, Hwang, Krakatoa
RW- Thauvin
AM- Miranchuk, Tolisso (versatile and Bayern might want rid I think this is the most realistic here), Sabitzer or Forsberg,
DM- Hojbjerg, Javi Martinez, Thiago, De Roon
LB- Amavi, Tagliafico,

Thought Corona will mean changes in financial situations, we might see a fire sale from a big club like Monaco selling Silva, Mbappe, Mendy, Lemar and others after their great run. No idea what club that would be, such are the whims or billionaires. Hell it could be the Glazers and we’ll sell Pogba and Martial for big money and cheap out with replacements that the fans are still sort of optimistic about.
Krakatoa is a volcano in Indonesia. Not a CF; although I believe there's a 'Krakatoas Sports Club' down under.

Cathy Ferguson

RW

Sancho -
Pretty much the best attainable player on the market, he's the perfect age and would give an entirely new dimension in attack. His stats are outstanding although it's worth noting he's currently outperforming his xG/A so it's to be expected they'll average out over the course of a season. His preference for cutting back when on the wing would benefit someone like Bruno (who was ignored by James and Martial against City) massively. There will be a lot of competition for his signature this transfer window though so he could be very difficult to attract. He's an outstanding dribbler and his end product is excellent, very technically gifted, his versatility would be a huge asset to have being as equally good on the left as he is on the right. I won't talk in too much detail about him as everyone knows him pretty well, he's very well rounded.

Traore - On the ball he's, in my opinion, one of the most exciting players in the league. His pace and dribbling would be absolutely perfect for big games when it's necessary to counter attack, I like how often he stays wide and goes on the outside too, very classic. He's not as technically gifted as someone like Sancho but I feel he's quite underrated in that regard. Contrary to popular belief, his end product is quite good and a it's been steadily improving as he's matured. At only 23 he's still got plenty of time on his side and should be near to entering his peak years. Only downside is that Wolves are a very wealthy side so I'm not sure he'd be worth the price they slap on him.

Brooks - Brooks is a very talented young winger, probably the best budget signing we could make. He's reportedly a huge United fan, which would mean he very much fits our new transfer model. He's a tidy dribbler and very good technically and I can see him exploding in a few years time. He's a very solid passer and crosser, he also has quite a solid shot on him too, very few flaws to iron out. Been out all season with an ankle injury though which leaves big question marks depending on how he recovers from that.

DM

Zakaria -
I've not seen as much of Zakaria as I have of the other players I'm listing, I only started watching him after hearing how good he was from the Caf, but from what I have seen I've been very impressed. To put it bluntly, he's a unit. Tremendously strong and very quick too. He's very aggressive in his tackling approach, which is a trait you need to succeed as a DM in the PL, he's really good in the build up and often drops deep to help out his defenders for simple passes. He's got a very good reading of the game and makes a lot of interceptions, I think we could really use a player like that. For Gladbach he's played in a 2 man midfield and has also been the lone DM which could give us a bit of versatility with how we can set our midfield up, especially against some of the smaller teams. He'd be a dream signing.

Ndidi - For my money, he'll be one of the best DMs on the planet if he isn't already. He's essentially the most important player in the Leicester team, without him in the side the system can't function and it showed with his injury and their form falling off a cliff. Regularly around the top of the PL defensive charts, a bit like Wan-Bissaka, Ndidi never seems to lose a duel 1 on 1. His positioning is nearly flawless, in my opinion, which is what makes him so strong in these duels, his awareness is really good too, he's constantly tracking runners. Leicester are notoriously difficult to deal with and Ndidi's on a really long contract, if we wanted to sign him the money would be absolutely astronomical. Like Zakaria he's very aggressive in his defensive approach which is why he's so successful in the PL, having someone with that sort of bite helps out tremendously against the more well organised and mobile midfields in the league.

CF

Ighalo -
Pretty much the only name on the list for me. I'm of the opinion that Martial is good enough and will improve enough to not warrant signing another top tier striker. Ighalo is already at the club, plays his heart out and offers us something completely different, his attitude and love for the club have made him a quick fans' favourite. His hold up play, touch and strength make him a very serviceable plan B and cup striker. He'd probably be fairly cheap and he's not exactly ancient at 30. Only real issue for me is that he's reportedly on around £300k in China which is obviously far too much, if he were willing to take a pay cut I'd make his transfer permanent tomorrow.

CB

Upamecano -
A name pretty much every United fan has heard, considering he was pretty much our player before we ballsed it up, is considered one of the premier CB talents in world football. Fits our ball playing CB MO like a glove, is a very aggressive interceptor (which is something I believe Lindelof sorely lacks). He's strong and quick which I think would make him the perfect foil for Maguire, he's probably one of the few CBs who's ever managed to keep Lewandowski quiet which is telling. Supposedly he's stalling on a new contract which could make him attainable for a decent fee, pretty much all of Europe will be after him by the sounds of things. From what I gather though he's more comfortable on the left side of defence which is Maguire's best position.

Konate - At 6'3 the guy's absolutely enormous, he's very good in the air at both attacking and defending set pieces (which I still think is a bit of an issue when only one of your CBs is good at heading). He's among the fastest players in the BL which, like Upamecano, makes me think he'd be a good foil for Maguire who lacks a bit of pace. He's a good passer and is very solid on the ball, a few times I've seen him carry the ball into midfield like Maguire which is obviously really good for our build up play. He's a very physical defender which gives me confidence he'd succeed in the PL, don't think there's any striker who could bully Maguire and Konate. He's got a near perfect injury record which would make me a lot less nervy about letting 3 CBs leave in summer.
Very nice write-up. I think our priorities are:
RW: Sancho or Traore, Brooks would be too much of a risk.

Back-up striker: Ighalo if the price is right. If not then maybe King?

CB is more important than CM: isn't Upamecano injured a lot? Konate and Zakaria sounds like good signings but I would prefer a CB.

Ndidi would be too expensive.

Champagne Football

Very nice write-up. I think our priorities are:
RW: Sancho or Traore, Brooks would be too much of a risk.

Back-up striker: Ighalo if the price is right. If not then maybe King?

CB is more important than CM: isn't Upamecano injured a lot? Konate and Zakaria sounds like good signings but I would prefer a CB.

Ndidi would be too expensive.
Joe Roden of Swansea would be an ideal kid to develop at CB.

Sancho or Osimhen for RW.

Raul Jiminez would be nice upfront, but Ighalo fine if we can't land a bigger name striker.

Saul Niguez is unlikely to come. Maybe Van de Beek as a deep-lying midfielder. Zakaria looks awesome too.