63% of Liverpool squad "asthmatic" - any substance to this article?

grafi

Supports
Werder Bremen
https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/55/17/975

Case closed.

Results The present meta-analysis includes 47 studies. The studies comprise 607 participants in cross-over trials, including 99 participants in three-way cross-over trials and 27 participants in a four-way cross-over trial. Seventy-three participants were included in parallel trials. Beta2-agonists did not affect aerobic performance compared with placebo (SDM 0.051, 95% CI −0.020 to 0.122). The SDM for the included studies was not heterogeneous (I2=0%, p=0.893), and the effect was not related to type of beta2-agonist, dose, administration route, duration of treatment or performance level of participants. Beta2-agonists had no effect on time trial performance, time to exhaustion or maximal oxygen consumption (p<0.218).

Trophy Room

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/55/17/975

Case closed.

Results The present meta-analysis includes 47 studies. The studies comprise 607 participants in cross-over trials, including 99 participants in three-way cross-over trials and 27 participants in a four-way cross-over trial. Seventy-three participants were included in parallel trials. Beta2-agonists did not affect aerobic performance compared with placebo (SDM 0.051, 95% CI −0.020 to 0.122). The SDM for the included studies was not heterogeneous (I2=0%, p=0.893), and the effect was not related to type of beta2-agonist, dose, administration route, duration of treatment or performance level of participants. Beta2-agonists had no effect on time trial performance, time to exhaustion or maximal oxygen consumption (p<0.218).
That’s on the assumption that what’s actually in the blue inhaler is a beta2 agonist.

Idxomer

The difference in physicality displayed today is totally normal.

Von Mistelroum

Look they are clearly just very athletic asthmatics who never seem to slow down, get tired or get injured. How many asthma sufferers have you ever seen who DIDN'T have those traits?

reddyornot

One Liverpool fan described how she was struggling: "I've got really bad asthma and I've been tear gassed twice."
Not just the players!.

Hughie77

Did they becone asthmatic as soon as they joined Liverpool?
Agree, it's condition that surely would have been there at a younger age, needs to be looked at in there medical records at least. Good shout that

BristolRuss

Why do you think Liverpool were so much more lethargic in the second half? They took their inhalers before they knew the game was delayed, so the effects started to wear off in the second half. Case closed.

Tavern in the town

Wonder what readings they get from TAA after he punts another generic cross in.
You’d have to wonder why we’ve spent so much money on full backs and why we’re still trying to rectify the problem when it’s that easy to do. Surely Dalot and AWB should just be able to twat “generic crosses” all game.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Darwin Nunez passed his Liverpool medical after it revealed he's asthmatic.
Another one to join the 63%. :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You've gotta be pretty far down the rabbit hole to have fallen for that :lol:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
:lol:

It was posted by a parody account. But let me guess, you have a subjective feeling that it was true anyway and that should be respected in such discussions?
But let me guess, you have a subjective feeling that it was false anyway and that should be respected in such discussions?

big rons sovereign

The scousers are showing up again I see. They've had a couple of weeks to process the cl defeat, come to the conclusion that they were cheated and are now confident again with their moral victory medals.... :nervous:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
But let me guess, you have a subjective feeling that it was false anyway and that should be respected in such discussions?
No. I actually looked it up and relied on fact.

You're the most active poster in this thread and your contributions amount to repeating a 63% claim manufactured by a random blog as "widely reported", falsely claiming that Wiggins was banned for life, falsely persisting with the claim that Nunez was revealed to be asthmatic at his medical even though it was clarified to be a parody literally four posts above your original post. All the while wholly ignoring any factual claims about actual physical performance statistics.
And when you were called on posting absolutely BS, you default to it being a matter of opinion and "Nothing changes my opinion about this Liverpool team" as you can tell based on the glazed look in the eyes of the liverpool players (fecking lól).

If you were simply wumming, I'd pass it over, but the fact is you're having an absolute shocker in this thread and should give your head a wobble. And then another wobble after that. You're the very definition of fact resistant.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
No. I actually looked it up and relied on fact.

You're the most active poster in this thread and your contributions amount to repeating a 63% claim manufactured by a random blog as "widely reported", falsely claiming that Wiggins was banned for life, falsely persisting with the claim that Nunez was revealed to be asthmatic at his medical even though it was clarified to be a parody literally four posts above your original post. All the while wholly ignoring any factual claims about actual physical performance statistics.
And when you were called on posting absolutely BS, you default to it being a matter of opinion and "Nothing changes my opinion about this Liverpool team" as you can tell based on the glazed look in the eyes of the liverpool players (fecking lól).

If you were simply wumming, I'd pass it over, but the fact is you're having an absolute shocker in this thread and should give your head a wobble. And then another wobble after that. You're the very definition of fact resistant.
Well the original poster asked a question about certain allegations that were/are going around and many people wrote in these 18 pages.
If you read the whole 18 pages you'll see that many United members agree that something fishy could be going on at Liverpool with their players being able to play a number of years at a high tempo and rarely being given a break.

But to come here and pin point me out of all these members is ludicrous and shows that my posts are irritating you, which also makes me think that some Liverpool supporters, like you, could and do not accept that there may be something true in this affair after all.

I see many of your posts in various threads and in a number of them your posts are mostly wumming and devoid of anything remotely interesting or factual.

Regarding Wiggins - that was a mistake on my part and i fully accept it.
Regarding Nunez - if you can't see from my post that I was joking then you're wearing Liverpool blinders, and if you're telling me that we (United members) can't even joke on OUR forum then kindly go be serious on RAWK.

I'm sorry if i'm being personal with this response but it's you who attacked me personally and your post has no Quality in it at all.

Finally, these things have happened in the past with various football teams and Nothing or nobody will change my opinion about this Liverpool team.
I invite you to use the ignore button.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
My goodness it’s people like this who just fan the flames of false conspiracy claims till the end. I guess it’s ok on a silly subject but dangerous in other facets of real life issues.

Bangor_Red

This thread shows despite how bad we are we will always be relevant to Liverpool. Literally a thread making a joke of something about Liverpool on a united forum and it is littered with Liverpool fans in outrage of the lies we believe.

Maybe it's just me but I never understood why a fan of a rival club would be a member their rivals forums. Even more strange the ones who post regularly. What do you get out of it? Or is it just to stay close to your dirty little secret

Bertie 2 Hats

This thread shows despite how bad we are we will always be relevant to Liverpool. Literally a thread making a joke of something about Liverpool on a united forum and it is littered with Liverpool fans in outrage of the lies we believe.

Maybe it's just me but I never understood why a fan of a rival club would be a member their rivals forums. Even more strange the ones who post regularly. What do you get out of it? Or is it just to stay close to your dirty little secret
Excellent post.. i couldn't agree more. :devil:

Noot

Supports
Manchester City

What on earth does this mean?

Personally I post on here because Bluemoon isn't to my taste anymore. You must worship the ITKs who never get anything right and if you point out they're usually wrong you get abuse. Want somewhere to talk about football that isn't Reddit.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
My goodness it’s people like this who just fan the flames of false conspiracy claims till the end. I guess it’s ok on a silly subject but dangerous in other facets of real life issues.
We endured it for years, Liverpool and the media constantly shouting "Fergie time" - FA are in his pocket etc.

Now it's Liverpools turn to take a little conspiracy theory talk from United fans, luckily for you the media are still giving you daily rimjobs, wait until they start dismissing your success.

Bangor_Red

What on earth does this mean?

Personally I post on here because Bluemoon isn't to my taste anymore. You must worship the ITKs who never get anything right and if you point out they're usually wrong you get abuse. Want somewhere to talk about football that isn't Reddit.
You don't know what I meant when I questioned other fans showing outrage about stuff posted by United fan on a united forum? Yet replied with that riddle?

For clarity do what you like post on what forum you like. I'm not making decisions for you. But I don't understand it. Especially the outrage at what united fans may say to one another. I don't really care either way. Just fancied asking the question