66 Years Since Munich Air Disaster.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
65th anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster. A terrible day for Manchester United. I can still remember reading about it as I was doing my paper round and that is what started my love affair with United.

TheReligion

Abusive
65th anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster. A terrible day for Manchester United. I can still remember reading about it as I was doing my paper round and that is what started my love affair with United.
Its tomorrow.

Absolutely tragic. The fact the club went on to be the first English team to win the EC ten years later was a phenomenal achievement, arguably the best ever seen in football too.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Its tomorrow.

Absolutely tragic. The fact the club went on to be the first English team to win the EC ten years later was a phenomenal achievement, arguably the best ever seen in football too.
It is yes. But I was referring to the wreaths that were taken onto the pitch yesterday as a reminder to everyone of what had happened all those years ago.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Guys, the grey looks of the site, - you are great, very classy!

In memoriam

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Still gets to me every year. Never forgotten.

.Phil1968

RIP all those who never came home .
Always remember my dad's words about The Babes
"If God would have spared those lads that European Cup would never have left these shores".

kaku06

RIP. Even after all these decades, the thought of what could have been never left. Forever etched in our memories forever in our hearts. We will never forget you.

avgp_1

RIP. Forever in our hearts The Flowers of Manchester

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I was born in '58. Ten years later I was already a fan, I remember cutting the photos out of the paper when we won the European Cup. It was an amazing achievement, to get back to the pinnacle of club football in such a short time.

RIP the Busby Babes and all who died that day.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
RIP.

I'm sure most everyone knows it on here - but if not (and you have netflix) there is a good film starring David Tennant about this sad event called 'United' and well if you haven't seen it, today would be a good day to.

What a nice touch to make your website grey as a mark or respect.

suheilsworld

Manchester will never die! Rest in peace!
Have visited OT and Allianz and it was so touching that the latter had info dedicated to the tragedy.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Feel sad every year around this time and hope I always will do. So proud to be a fan of their club. RIP

ThinkTank@Cafe

It was back in mid 1980s in late Soviet Union when I learned that there were two football clubs who went through air disaster: our neighbors Pahtakor (Tashkent) and Manchester United in England. I was 7 or 8 when my father told me this story. We lived behind the iron curtain and had very little information about the outer world. I remembered an exotic name "Manchester United" and when EPL came to post-Soviet countries it happened I became a United fan.

RIP Flowers of Manchester

surf

It was back in mid 1980s in late Soviet Union when I learned that there were two football clubs who went through air disaster: our neighbors Pahtakor (Tashkent) and Manchester United in England. I was 7 or 8 when my father told me this story. We lived behind the iron curtain and had very little information about the outer world. I remembered an exotic name "Manchester United" and when EPL came to post-Soviet countries it happened I became a United fan.

RIP Flowers of Manchester
There was a third: Torino in 1949. They lost almost the whole team and several from the Italy team.

RIP the Busby Babes. Bobby is the only one left now.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
A sad day in the illustrious history of this great Club, Rose flowers to all those Legends who passed away on this day.