66 Years Since Munich Air Disaster.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's 66 years now.

RIP to the Babes and all who lost their lives

May they ALL rest in peace.

Kindly change the title of the thread please.

TheReligion

Abusive
Bloody hell Caf we really bumping an old thread with this and not bothering to make a new one? Poor showing!

Chicharo

Every time this day comes around, I'm reminded that the outcome in the second leg could have easily been 4-3 in favor of Zvezda, potentially altering the return plans. I remember writing a few years back about Sekularac, a Zvezda player at the time, who later reflected on a missed opportunity near the end of the game and pondered how it could have changed everything. Also, there was a serious consideration given to spending the night in Munich, with Duncan Edwards sending a telegram to his landlady saying he would return the following day.
I guess it was meant to be....

Instead of that generation of players winning more trophies, the club inherited the duty to always persevere until the very end and to rise again whenever everyone counts them out, as it was the case after the Munich accident.

Rest in peace, Busby Babes

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
RIP the babes. What a team that would have been. The media missed a great chance on Sunday with the three players sat on the hoardings and the continuing influence those players who died have on the ethos of the club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
There's a brilliantly written 3 part series in the Athletic today for anybody interested:

1. The Crash
2. The Pilot's story
3. The Legacy

Absolutely chilling, with excellent detail.

RIP

dave1956

Finally they are all together again. Thanks for the memories, never will you be forgotten. R.I.P.