67th Minute Tribute At Brentford Game [request from a Brentford fan]

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This was originally posted by new member @Brentford Supporter in the Newbie forum. As few could see it there, I'm reposting it here. @Brentford Supporter will be able to follow up to any questions and comments.

Hello All

I wondered if you could help.

Very sadly we lost Peter Hayward, a 67 year old Brentford fan who when we were struggling for survival walked from Brentford to Hartlepool to raise funds for our supporters trust. The walk was completed in February and in awful weather. Peter also rattled buckets and was a real proper loyal fan and will be sadly missed.

At next week's game with Man Utd, we will be holding a minutes ovation on the 67th minute for Peter's family and memory. Please could you ask all United fans to join in. Below is a brief tribute.

https://bias.org.uk/2022/01/11/peter-hayward-rip-a-tribute/

Please would you share our intentions and our request for Man United to support a proper football fan's life. Please could you let all United fans group know also.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rest in peace to the guy, sounds one of those great fans that clubs are blessed to have.
No doubt he'd have come to watch your guys at Wycombe my local team a fair few times.

Some of our fans walked to Oxford to raise money, a 30 mile walk, so I'm intrigued by a 250+ mile walk! How long did that take? Presumably we're talking half a week minimum?! And sleeping in the minibus presumably?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Follow-up:
Hi All

Many thanks.

Just to confirm this is happening and BFC would be lynched if they didn't support this tribute to Peter.

Brentford FC has come along way but it has been a long time of raising funds to fight off administration.

Peters family will be at the game and it would be fantastic if United fans joined in.

I drove to the Hartlepool game and it was , the thought of walking the hundreds of miles is incredible.

Brentford Supporter

Supports
Brentford
Just to let you know that the tribute is definately happening and fans are giving up their tickets for Peters family to attend.
I apologise but I can't remember how long it took, but I do remember driving up to the game midweek, which we lost, and there was snow everywhere.
Amazing effort. We all have our new fans, but we still have our soul at Brentford.

If you want any advice on pubs for Wednesday just let me know.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well done. Nice touch.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
RIP to the gentleman. Nice touch from your fans.

Brentford Supporter

Supports
Brentford
Thanks to all those who participated.
Obviously gutted by the result, but we gave it a go.

We will hopefully never forget our fans who helped secure a future for BFC.

Peters family were all there and although the sudden passing of Peter they were still in mourning they were very much appreciative of the gesture and felt proud.