Music 6ix9ine to Face Life in Prison?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What a loss to society :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Literally I don't know why people give him the time of day. Stop giving a platform to f*cking idiots. Here's hoping he does get life in prison.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Literally I don't know why people give him the time of day. Stop giving a platform to f*cking idiots. Here's hoping he does get life in prison.
It's so strange. Him and XXXTentacion are/were mentioned constantly by e.g. Pitchfork. Why?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've never heard of me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some of his music bangs. I enjoy his trolling most of the time.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The US is a very confusing place giving these type of muppets an actual stage to grow.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He is an idiot. But aside from the jokes, I personally don't wish federal prison on him or most people. It's a wretched existence.

Some background on Mr. 6ix9ine (his name spelling is obnoxious)...

He brags about his gang affiliations. I'm sure that factors into his street cred and popularity, but more crucial, it factors into his controversial nature. He's already been robbed once, and his crew have got into scraps with, um, street personnel at different concerts. Not a fan of his music but I see why the kids love him. That energy in his music is really hard to fake.

So the Feds got him on a RICO case, which just means that if they see you affiliating with criminals committing crimes, they can charge and convict you of those crimes if they can prove affiliation. RICO (Rackeetering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations act) laws were created to deal with organized crime in the 70s. Prior to this, mob bosses were untouchable, because they would deny knowledge of crimes their soldiers committed. Without actual evidence of an order, the soldier would take the hit but the boss would continue unscathed. RICO made it easier for the feds to get at mob bosses. Giuliani as a prosecutor used RICO laws to decimate the NY mafia in the 80s. It's a powerful tool prosecutors turn to... when there is little evidence someone actually pulled the trigger. They'll just say you were hanging out with them, so of course you were affiliated. I'd be more of a fan if they applied the same fervor to prosecuting white collar crimes using the RICO (half of Wall Street post 2008 could have been in jail). Obviously they mostly keep it for the b/h drug dealers.

Back to Mr. 6ix9ine... he is currently on probation for a sex crime, in state court. This charge puts him in a predicament. I'm sure the feds don't have much directly linking him to a crime, but with the RICO they can press on him to give up actual criminals in the gangs he affiliates with. He could do that and iron out a easy deal... but there's his street cred gone. He can decide to fight the charges in federal court. However his chances of victory are slim. The feds are very meticulous in building cases and they only bring charges they think are winnable in court, or heavy enough to persuade the defendant into pleading guilty. It's not impossible, but he will need an expensive lawyer team, and favorable bail conditions that allow him to still earn money and tour, while awaiting trial. Or have a music label back him financially, in return for a cut of future profits.

Either way, hanging out with gang members publically is bad business. He sowed the wind and is reaping the whirlwind.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
How do you even start to pronounce that stream of gobbledegook? I haven't got 10 minutes to wait for a guy to finish introducing himself.

Classical Mechanic

@adexkola

I was waiting for your post. I knew that you'd have a great insight. I guessed that the nature of the investigation spelled very bad news for him.

That he had stolen property in his premises and that he was present when guns were let off doesn't help any moral defence of him, however.

That said, 25 years + would be a heavy price to pay in light of the charges.

A further question, bail has already been denied, is there further opportunity for him to get bail?

Andersons Dietician

Is this that rainbow haired dude who was a Crip and a Blood who can’t run or fight from that airport video I saw.

adexkola

Supports
@adexkola

I was waiting for your post. I knew that you'd have a great insight. I guessed that the nature of the investigation spelled very bad news for him.

That he had stolen property in his premises and that he was present when guns were let off doesn't help any moral defence of him, however.

That said, 25 years + would be a heavy price to pay in light of the charges.

A further question, bail has already been denied, is there further opportunity for him to get bail?
True. Even with the possibility that someone may have placed the property in his domicile without his knowledge... what do you expect when hanging around that crowd? Plus having guns in your proximity, in New York City... Like I said, he's an idiot.

I do think 25+ years is disproportionate, but they throw those heavy numbers at you so you fold and give up the person/people they really want. Any attorney worth his/her salt will persuade him to cooperate.

People usually get denied bail in the preliminary hearing. There is always an opportunity for the lawyers to build a case for bail that satisfies the prosecutions' concerns about skipping the country or harming someone.

ravi2

He is an idiot. But aside from the jokes, I personally don't wish federal prison on him or most people. It's a wretched existence.

Some background on Mr. 6ix9ine (his name spelling is obnoxious)...

He brags about his gang affiliations. I'm sure that factors into his street cred and popularity, but more crucial, it factors into his controversial nature. He's already been robbed once, and his crew have got into scraps with, um, street personnel at different concerts. Not a fan of his music but I see why the kids love him. That energy in his music is really hard to fake.

So the Feds got him on a RICO case, which just means that if they see you affiliating with criminals committing crimes, they can charge and convict you of those crimes if they can prove affiliation. RICO (Rackeetering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations act) laws were created to deal with organized crime in the 70s. Prior to this, mob bosses were untouchable, because they would deny knowledge of crimes their soldiers committed. Without actual evidence of an order, the soldier would take the hit but the boss would continue unscathed. RICO made it easier for the feds to get at mob bosses. Giuliani as a prosecutor used RICO laws to decimate the NY mafia in the 80s. It's a powerful tool prosecutors turn to... when there is little evidence someone actually pulled the trigger. They'll just say you were hanging out with them, so of course you were affiliated. I'd be more of a fan if they applied the same fervor to prosecuting white collar crimes using the RICO (half of Wall Street post 2008 could have been in jail). Obviously they mostly keep it for the b/h drug dealers.

Back to Mr. 6ix9ine... he is currently on probation for a sex crime, in state court. This charge puts him in a predicament. I'm sure the feds don't have much directly linking him to a crime, but with the RICO they can press on him to give up actual criminals in the gangs he affiliates with. He could do that and iron out a easy deal... but there's his street cred gone. He can decide to fight the charges in federal court. However his chances of victory are slim. The feds are very meticulous in building cases and they only bring charges they think are winnable in court, or heavy enough to persuade the defendant into pleading guilty. It's not impossible, but he will need an expensive lawyer team, and favorable bail conditions that allow him to still earn money and tour, while awaiting trial. Or have a music label back him financially, in return for a cut of future profits.

Either way, hanging out with gang members publically is bad business. He sowed the wind and is reaping the whirlwind.
Great post

Oldyella

Deserves jail just for those bloody teeth. Feel old just saying that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
True. Even with the possibility that someone may have placed the property in his domicile without his knowledge... what do you expect when hanging around that crowd? Plus having guns in your proximity, in New York City... Like I said, he's an idiot.

I do think 25+ years is disproportionate, but they throw those heavy numbers at you so you fold and give up the person/people they really want. Any attorney worth his/her salt will persuade him to cooperate.

People usually get denied bail in the preliminary hearing. There is always an opportunity for the lawyers to build a case for bail that satisfies the prosecutions' concerns about skipping the country or harming someone.
Dunno if you’re familiar with the Serial podcast? Season Three does a deep dive into all the goings on in a courthouse in Cleveland. Paints a pretty bleak picture of how often the system fecks people over while their case is being heard. I wouldn’t recommend listening to the whole thing, mind you. Gets a bit boring/samey. Worth checking out a few episodes though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I get the impression he thinks he can do whatever the feck he wants. Seems like a idiot that probably needs knocking down a peg before worse happens but life is nuts for what they're saying.

adexkola

Supports
Dunno if you’re familiar with the Serial podcast? Season Three does a deep dive into all the goings on in a courthouse in Cleveland. Paints a pretty bleak picture of how often the system fecks people over while their case is being heard. I wouldn’t recommend listening to the whole thing, mind you. Gets a bit boring/samey. Worth checking out a few episodes though.
I am, it's definitely on my list. But yeah, the system is designed to make you submit even before trial.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Never heard of him.

He looks like a great asset to society though. I will miss him sorely.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
What I don't get about this twat and that xxxtentacle bloke is, we know they're morally reprehensible feckwads right from the off. This guy is a nonce, and tentacle was known to have violently attacked his girlfriend, yet people still actively support their fledgling careers. Obviously the latter is dead now, but like, do these people actually have to murder someone for people to go off them? You can't even fall back on "oh that used to be my favourite song" like people do with R Kelly and even Chris Brown, because these bellends haven't been around long enough for that to be the case.

Cloud7

Don’t worry, if he does go to jail about 6 guys looking just like him will show up pretty soon. I swear there has to be a portal where this new batch of rappers have been coming out of.

Classical Mechanic

What I don't get about this twat and that xxxtentacle bloke is, we know they're morally reprehensible feckwads right from the off. This guy is a nonce, and tentacle was known to have violently attacked his girlfriend, yet people still actively support their fledgling careers. Obviously the latter is dead now, but like, do these people actually have to murder someone for people to go off them? You can't even fall back on "oh that used to be my favourite song" like people do with R Kelly and even Chris Brown, because these bellends haven't been around long enough for that to be the case.
Kodack Black is another rapper with an extensive and disturbing criminal record that is still releasing music with top artists.

binary bot
In my teenage years I always thought I wouldn't become someone who can't understand the success behind popular young artists when I got older. But Lil pump, sixnine etc. have proved that wrong.

adexkola

Supports
I refer you to several music artists in the genre that killed people without losing support (2Pac, Gucci Mane come to mind). Not too familiar with other genres, but since when have music artists in general been paragons of virtue?

But to answer your question, people like the music they like, and they accept the person the music comes with. It's even more complicated if the music is violent... if someone's song about busting caps in fools is very popular, do you really expect fans to drop off if by chance, actual caps do get popped in people?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I refer you to several music artists in the genre that killed people without losing support (2Pac, Gucci Mane come to mind). Not too familiar with other genres, but since when have music artists in general been paragons of virtue?

But to answer your question, people like the music they like, and they accept the person the music comes with. It's even more complicated if the music is violent... if someone's song about busting caps in fools is very popular, do you really expect fans to drop off if by chance, actual caps do get popped in people?
Who did Pac kill?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Never heard of him. Looks like a prick, I wouldn't buy him a pint.

Get in the jail.