"80 Million Pounds of Inspiration"

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I'll probably be called a WUM or whatnot, called a baby because I can't get over it, but it's becoming more and more clear we're missing inspiration above all.

I know I know, we could have improvements in all field of the side it seems, but one thing this club doesn't have at all, is character... Sometimes that is the only trend you need to turn a 1-1 draw into a 2-1 victory.

From the back, inspiration is missing... In the middle, it seems like cookie cutter training football... On the flanks, it's one-dimensional football, and up front, well let's just say Mr.Rooney is not a lone striker with his distribution and layoffs.

Kneejerk? Maybe, I don't know, I wish there was a Larsson-type loan deal that could be made if Fergie is so against buying/doesn't have the funds to.

We're missing, like it was said during the match, 80 Million pounds of inspiration.

Ekeke

He wasnt the only big character we lost in the summer. Any squad that loses both in the same summer is going to feel it.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I'll probably be called a WUM or whatnot, called a baby because I can't get over it, but it's becoming more and more clear we're missing inspiration above all.

I know I know, we could have improvements in all field of the side it seems, but one thing this club doesn't have at all, is character... Sometimes that is the only trend you need to turn a 1-1 draw into a 2-1 victory.

From the back, inspiration is missing... In the middle, it seems like cookie cutter training football... On the flanks, it's one-dimensional football, and up front, well let's just say Mr.Rooney is not a lone striker with his distribution and layoffs.

Kneejerk? Maybe, I don't know, I wish there was a Larsson-type loan deal that could be made if Fergie is so against buying/doesn't have the funds to.

We're missing, like it was said during the match, 80 Million pounds of inspiration.
I stopped reading there. We dominated, we conceeded a soft goal, which we wouldn't have if we weren't playing a back up pairing at the back. Go chill out for a bit AS.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Your spot fecking on. Look at all our good wins last season. Spurs and Villa in particular. What did they all have? One player who wasn't afraid to let loose and have a fecking go. We need a talisman player and at the moment we don't. Hopefully Hargo can get to full fitness soon and Sir Alex to start playing Owen if Berbatov can't play. Rooney needs a partner and he won't get it from Park.

Name Changed

weso26
Ronaldo is obviously a big loss. He was always going to be. He was the player who won us 3 points in most of these types of games. It goes without saying that he's a big loss.

The_Midfielder

Well remmember when Ronaldo was playing.. think it was in 2007.. we started out like 3 poinuts in the first 5-6 games... It was the defense thats helped us..

OneUnited24

Do we have to look forward to another Ronaldo thread everytime we dont get 3 points?
Thats not true i recall the Wigan game where one was made because he would have bettered our goal difference... But i do miss Ronaldo or more to the point a world class winger

RonaldoVII

Inspiration. Match winner. Goalscorer. Flair. Pace. Creativity. I'll add tactics to that list. We're missing a lot at the minute.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Dont forgoet we lost Tevez too. Am I the only one who thinks he would have been very very handy in some games this season?

Count Duckula

I stopped reading there. We dominated, we conceeded a soft goal, which we wouldn't have if we weren't playing a back up pairing at the back. Go chill out for a bit AS.
Sorry, but that doesn't hold water. We were playing two centre-backs. When we were playing two central midfielders at the back I could fully understand that argument, but these two players are centre-backs by trade and thus shouldn't be making elementary mistakes. The fact that they're backups for us is neither here nor there - both are supposedly very good defenders (one is "the most natural defender in Britain" and the other is the "best young central defender in Europe"), and both should therefore be able to cope against a team that had about two attacks all game and only got promoted this season.

You cannot blame this one on our injury crisis - the team we had out there should have been good enough to beat the opposition. But, as against Leeds, it wasn't.

Ugh. ffs. Every moaner should go and salute the supporters who stuck by the side through the 70's and 80's. No major honours.But they still went it season after season hoping and continued to support. Ronaldo is the past now. Get the feck over it.
And this is ridiculous too - people aren't allowed to criticise the team if they play badly? You're telling me the supporters who followed United through those barren years didn't want better, or have the odd moan when things went wrong? If everyone adopted your attitude we'd meekly surrender out title and status so that we could slip down the table and comfort ourselves with "it used to be much worse".

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Do we have to look forward to another Ronaldo thread everytime we dont get 3 points?
Yup

I'm erriely chill, kind of a sense of I expected this to happen... There was no character, regardless of if we scored and got a point from nothing, it was an own goal, and we never looked THAT threatening.

What's 'cookie cutter training football' ?
What we were playing in midfield today, it was awful.

Leg-End

We are missing a player who can score us a goal out of nothing.
I think we are missing a player who can score a goal out of something, let alone nothing. Rooney alongside a poacher is the combo to have, and we dont have it.

Devil_forever

Thats not true i recall the Wigan game where one was made because he would have bettered our goal difference... But i do miss Ronaldo or more to the point a world class winger
Valencia's been more of a "winger" than Ronaldo was when he was banging them in. What we lack is a pure goal scorer, who stretches defences imo.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Ugh. ffs. Every moaner should go and salute the supporters who stuck by the side through the 70's and 80's. No major honours.But they still went it season after season hoping and continued to support. Ronaldo is the past now. Get the feck over it.
:lol: feck off.

Metaphor, clearly you were never that good in English class, it's in quotations, it's quite revelant and defines the exact point i'm trying to make.

Considering Tevez' name has come up, there's another one, but we had him on loan :lol:

I'm just pointing out the lack of inspiration, is anyone needs to get the feck over anything it's you and this thread.

Riddance.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
And this is ridiculous too - people aren't allowed to criticise the team if they play badly? You're telling me the supporters who followed United through those barren years didn't want better, or have the odd moan when things went wrong? If everyone adopted your attitude we'd meekly surrender out title and status so that we could slip down the table and comfort ourselves with "it used to be much worse".
So you think mulling on why ronaldo left and ' i miss him/we miss him ' threads are still credible ?
Its not the odd moan. Ronaldo is the fecking past now. There's no point crying over it.

OneUnited24

Valencia's been more of a "winger" than Ronaldo was when he was banging them in. What we lack is a pure goal scorer, who stretches defences imo.
This is something that frustrates me at times, granted in his last season Ronaldo was deployed more as a CF than a winger during our 0708 season he would still play on the wing - he wouldnt track back and would often come inside but he would still beat men and wip crosses in, i think in the 0708 season he got 9 assist which isnt bad when you also consider the goals he also got

IhabX7

We were too reliant on him to not get a world class player for our attack.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Spastic thread. I thought we showed a lot of charachter today, unfortunately the final ball was lacking not effort.
Have you got an example? Fletch screaming at the linesman when the ref knew what happened isn't exactly my definition of character :smirk:

But what is it ?

And why is it called 'cookie cutter training football' ?
What kids play, one-dimensional football, what you teach kids, we look like a bunch of children in most parts of a match... Clueless on the ball.

I'm not even kneejerking or going over the top, credits to Brum as well for their fantastic defensive efforts, but we're not Manchester United right now and inspiration is what's missing.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
:lol: feck off.

Metaphor, clearly you were never that good in English class, it's in quotations, it's quite revelant and defines the exact point i'm trying to make.

Considering Tevez' name has come up, there's another one, but we had him on loan :lol:

I'm just pointing out the lack of inspiration, is anyone needs to get the feck over anything it's you and this thread.

Riddance.
Right. So moaning over a player who's left is what your english lessons taught you ?
If we lack inspiration, try to find another source for it, instead of crying over why ronaldo's transfer.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I never thought i'd see the day the Count defends me, but it's good to see there's a few who feel the same way so I don't feel like such a doom monger.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Right. So moaning over a player who's left is what your english lessons taught you ?
If we lack inspiration, try to find another source for it, instead of crying over why ronaldo's transfer.
Why exactly should I find a source of inspiration? :lol:

Do carry on I need a laugh.

Infact, I never once mentioned R_n_ld_s name in this thread, however with him went our inspirational motives to win matches.

datura

Have you got an example? Fletch screaming at the linesman when the ref knew what happened isn't exactly my definition of character :smirk:

What kids play, one-dimensional football, what you teach kids, we look like a bunch of children in most parts of a match... Clueless on the ball.

I'm not even kneejerking or going over the top, credits to Brum as well for their fantastic defensive efforts, but we're not Manchester United right now and inspiration is what's missing.
Bloody hell, you are spouting a huge amout of shite tonight. I agree we we lacking some inspiration, but the midfield was pretty decent, we moved the ball quickly and well at times, but we struggled to get any runners in.

The charachter was there for all to see, we stood up physically against an aggressive side and got stuck in all game. There was no lack of charachter, just quality in the final third.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Why exactly should I find a source of inspiration? :lol:

Do carry on I need a laugh.

Infact, I never once mentioned R_n_ld_s name in this thread, however with him went our inspirational motives to win matches.
Clearly, you seem to know it all and since you are so blinded by the fact that ronaldo's transfer is the undoing of our team, I'll leave you to it. Continue to make yourself look like a fool.

Devil_forever

Inspiration. Match winner. Goalscorer. Flair. Pace. Creativity. I'll add tactics to that list. We're missing a lot at the minute.
Inspiration (Rooney? Giggs?) Match winner (you can't be serious?!). Goalscorer (scored more than last season so far and we have everyone chipping in but fair enough we may be better off with a proven goal scorer). Flair (even Rafael from RB offers us flair). Pace (Valencia? Evra? Rooney? Rafael? Obertan?). Creativity (Giggs? Rooney? Berbatov?)

We've been ravaged by injuries, we're not clicking at the moment but I have faith that we will sooner rather than later.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
Really? that surprises me.
Surprised someone in the MotM thread too. I thought he put in a tireless display, closing down, putting the foot in, played a cracking through ball in first half, got forward well. I think people are forgetting how much we dominated that first half.

You only have to look at how much he was missed after the sending off.