90 Min: Ralf Rangnick's damning assessment of Maguire, Shaw & Wan-Bissaka

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The key caveat from the above article from Graeme Bailly.

passing-wind

Savage, Maguire disappointment with his price tag and the expectation of being to United what VVD is to Liverpool. AWB seems negligent in his attacking play which is odd as he was supposedly a winger in the youth systems. Shaw is the only individual who has proven that with the right attitude there's a good player.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And this is how BS articles get exposure :boring:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Savage, Maguire is certainly the biggest disappointment with his price tag and the expectation of being to United what VVD is to Liverpool. AWB seems negligent in his attacking play which is odd as he was supposedly a winger in the youth systems. Shaw is the only individual who has proven that with the right attitude there's a good player.
Anyone who had that expectation is an idiot

Deery

Dreary
Could do worse than Kilman but I don’t really believe that article how reliable is the author?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s started Maguire at every opportunity he’s had, no? Hasn’t Shaw started most games whenever he’s been fit/not suspended too?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

How can Shaw go from being the most reliable top level player in the team to suddenly not being good enough for Utd in the span of 6 months?

Kaos

Savage, Maguire is certainly the biggest disappointment with his price tag and the expectation of being to United what VVD is to Liverpool. AWB seems negligent in his attacking play which is odd as he was supposedly a winger in the youth systems. Shaw is the only individual who has proven that with the right attitude there's a good player.
Shaw has been good for two seasons out of the 7 or so he's been here? We can't exactly bank on that.

I hope this is all true, we need a blunt reality check.

Gopher Brown

£160m of fairly recently signed players right there. Damning indictment of our scouting and transfer negotiating teams.

As much as I don’t like what City stand for, when they make a mistake they don’t cling on to it hoping one day it’ll come good, they replace.

KennyBurner

I might actually end my war with him. Peace treaty drafted tonight if he goes back and includes Mctominay.

Anybody know why he might not like Shaw? Only thing that comes to mind is his unwillingness to use his right foot.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I might actually end my war with him. Peace treaty drafted tonight if he goes back and includes Mctominay.

Anybody know why he might not like Shaw? Only thing that comes to mind is his unwillingness to use his right foot.
McT is his favorite.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This just in

RANGNICK MAKES PLAYERS TRAIN NUDE IN AN OXYGEN TENT WHICH HE SAYS GIVE THEM "PRESSING POWERS"

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He’s started Maguire at every opportunity he’s had, no? Hasn’t Shaw started most games whenever he’s been fit/not suspended too?
As of recent he has been dropped but he played loads when varane was injured

macheda14

Oh there were you? Lovely, can you enlighten us more about your time at MUFC? Would love to know more
More can you point to this journo/publication being reputable in the past. I think the burden of proof is on someone who has no history of breaking any major stories vs people not believing him.

He may have had one or two stories in the past, but in no way is he the journo with an inside track to a presentation between Rangnick and the board.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
More can you point to this journo/publication being reputable in the past. I think the burden of proof is on someone who has no history of breaking any stories vs people not believing him.
You really think 90min are willing to open themselves up to a libel case against Man Utd?

I’ll answer for you.

No they won’t.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Wrong about Shaw. The other two aren't high press material.

I imagine he has said similar about midfield. And attack. We're full of players who can't press.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Not sure why but he had this random interview about United's problems and what we should target a couple of years ago (2020) and he pointed out Shaw as an issue.

macheda14

You really think 90min are willing to open themselves up to a libel case against Man Utd?

I’ll answer for you.

No they won’t.
I’m sorry, but are you new to sport journalism? Do you think every story is true?

I’ll answer for you.

Yes you are or you’re clueless.

If man United sued every false story about them there would be no newspapers left.

CloneMC16

Is this guy legit or not? Never seen his name before, so I'm assuming no.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
£160m of fairly recently signed players right there. Damning indictment of our scouting and transfer negotiating teams.

As much as I don’t like what City stand for, when they make a mistake they don’t cling on to it hoping one day it’ll come good, they replace.
And they only buy at a certain price point and then bow out. You could almost get 2 city defensive punts for the cost of a Maguire. I like Maguire and think he’s a decent player but he’s a 50 million player tops. Dias is a better player and cost 50 plus Otamendi. That’s savage recruitment. Get rid of a problem and directly bring in the solution.

Anyway that presentation is most likely total bs.

rpitchfo

I’ll answer for you.

No they won’t.
some people really do believe everything they read. Apply some critical thinking…

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’m sorry, but are you new to sport journalism? Do you think every story is true?

I’ll answer for you.

Yes you are or you’re clueless.

If man United sued every false story about them there would be no newspapers left.
This is completely different to a potentially made up transfer story. :lol: :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont understand how Mctominay escapes these allegations? His only great attribute is his shooting? He is doing that thing that Lingard did were he just survives long enough.
Rangnick said the other day he sees McTominay as a future captain. He's not going anywhere...

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
some people really do believe everything they read. Apply some critical thinking…
Typical CAF this is.

All bad news is believed
All “good” news. Oh it’s BS! Have some “critical” thinking!

Yawn!

Nicolarra90

Chelsea too. They even got it wrong twice, with the best 2 PL players, but still have 2 PL and 1 CL since our last league

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Disagree on Shaw and Maguire, both would be squad players at least in United teams of old.

KennyBurner

Not sure why but he had this random interview about United's problems and what we should target a couple of years ago (2020) and he pointed out Shaw as an issue.
Thats very recent too...yikes. I dont think Luke is a pressing problem to be honest. Sometimes he is slow to act and doesn't progress quick enough but that isnt alarming when you consider we have others clearly not good enough.

Deery

Dreary
Wrong about Shaw. The other two aren't high press material.

I imagine he has said similar about midfield. And attack. We're full of players who can't press.
Don’t know when you compare Shaw to the like of Robertson, Tierney, Digne, Alonso, Cresswell, Chilwell, does he really offer more than these guys?