A list of footballers worse than Ashley Young

Canagel

No-one. He is one of the worst to ever wear our red shirt.

AfroBuffalo

He’s gone downhill since that bird poohed in his mouth, something changed in him that day

deadrevelz

Nevilles last game was worse, but he had the grace to retire immediately.

Honestly at this point I feel sorry for him. And myself. Mainly myself.

Bojan11

He was never good to begin with. Only good performance was that 8-2 vs Arsenal where the whole team played well.

Fergie after we lost to Barca in 2011 said there would be big changes in the summer to close the gap and he signed this clown.

The only reason fans appreciate him is because he sits in the away end sometimes when he ain’t playing. But at the end of the day he can sit in the away end all he likes, I just don’t want him playing. He’s one of the worst players to play for us. Even in his so called prime he was predictable. The worst thing is he has somehow lasted 8 years here and it’s going to be 9 soon. We should get the testimonial ready with our board of feckwits going to give him a new contract next year.

desertred87

I take no pleasure in admitting that I’ve developed an intense dislike for Young. Watching him play for and captain united makes my blood boil.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Honestly, it's fecking me up everytime I see his name on the team sheet. Totally spent, yet there he is, fecking up every cross, miscontrolling every pass, putting everyone within 30 yards under pressure.

If we don't sign a right back this summer I'm going postal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was never good to begin with. Only good performance was that 8-2 vs Arsenal where the whole team played well.

Fergie after we lost to Barca in 2011 said there would be big changes in the summer to close the gap and he signed this clown.

The only reason fans appreciate him is because he sits in the away end sometimes when he ain’t playing. But at the end of the day he can sit in the away end all he likes, I just don’t want him playing. He’s one of the worst players to play for us. Even in his so called prime he was predictable. The worst thing is he has somehow lasted 8 years here and it’s going to be 9 soon. We should get the testimonial ready with our board of feckwits going to give him a new contract next year.
He was awful under Fergie but tbf had some very good spells/performances under LVG and then Mourinho. The problem is over the last 2 years he's gone from dependable squad player to one of the first names on the team sheet and this coming in the twighlight of career - how on earth has that been allowed to happen? And tbf it's not just us he somehow played for England at the WC as well

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Lee Trundle.

Titus Bramble.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Leave him alone, he’s a cult!

At least that’s what I heard him being called tonight

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm pissed off with him too. He's been shit for a while and finished at this club.

But his career speaks for itself. He's was a really good footballer who is now finished after being into his 30s.

Happens even to the greats.

Negan

I am not exaggerating when I say I’d take nearly every starting RB in the Prem over him.

Arnold
Walker/Danilo
Azpilicueta
Trippier/Aurier
Bellerin
Pereira
Doherty
Coleman
Janmaat
Fredericks
Wan-Bissaka
Yedlin
Montoya

Some of these are bang average and yet would improve our style of play massively due to the simple fact that they’re not Ashley fecking Young.

Negan

I'm pissed off with him too. He's been shit for a while and finished at this club.

But his career speaks for itself. He's was a really good footballer who is now finished after being into his 30s.

Happens even to the greats.
Come off it. He was never a “really good footballer”... at least not here. He’s been shite since he signed.

People always talk about loyalty and passion... yeah I’d be loyal and passionate too if I was pocketing those wages. It’s not like he’s gonna have any bigger clubs coming after his services, is it? If he was to get binned off tomorrow, he’d be at Watford or Southampton. That is a fact. Same goes for the majority of this team.

RedDevilCanuck

Come off it. He was never a “really good footballer”... at least not here. He’s been shite since he signed.

People always talk about loyalty and passion... yeah I’d be loyal and passionate too if I was pocketing those wages. It’s not like he’s gonna have any bigger clubs coming after his services, is it? If he was to get binned off tomorrow, he’d be at Watford or Southampton. That is a fact. Same goes for the majority of this team.
He has too many assists to be a shit footballer.

atkar83

Honestly, it's fecking me up everytime I see his name on the team sheet. Totally spent, yet there he is, fecking up every cross, miscontrolling every pass, putting everyone within 30 yards under pressure.

I feel the same way. It's similar to how Rooney was an automatic starter just because he was the captain under LvG, despite how awful he was at that time. But atleast he had the pedigree of being one of the best players in the world at one time, and our goal scoring leader.

Young just happened to be on the roster when we won our 20th, he's done nothing since to help us win trophies (I'm not a huge Lingard fan, but aleast I can remember atleast 2 of his Wembley goals in finals). At best he hasn't been a monumental disaster at LB/RB considering he's not a defender. But Manchester United should aim for higher than that.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's put a lot of effort and dedication into the club these past few years. It's obvious now though, that he's past his best. If we're being honest, his best wasn't really good enough to begin with, and having an ageing left winger at right back is one of many reasons why we go into matches against the likes of Barcelona with almost no expectation bar putting a shift in.

RedDevilCanuck

I never wanted him at United.
And I think his last great season was for villa, 2 seasons before we signed him.
Kept Di Maria out of the side and also reinvented himself as a LB and got back into the England team that made it to the semis in Russia.

I know everyone is pissed off with him after that shit show but Young has done quite well up until xmas this season.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Kept Di Maria out of the side and also reinvented himself as a LB and got back into the England team that made it to the semis in Russia.

I know everyone is pissed off with him after that shit show but Young has done quite well up until xmas this season.
He's done quite well for himself. Not us though

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I was hoping he would be sent off after his early yellow today. We would have been better off with 10 men.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I don't think this is emphasized enough. Not only does he feck up EVERY time he's in possession but when we have possession anywhere near him you can see the players are reluctant to pass it to him. He's a last resort pass. There's no coincidence that we have no right wing. He is literally a liability.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I'm getting tired of this forum and the superstars that give their loads.

Who's David Beckham here?
Who's Ryan Giggs??
Who's Paul Scholes???

None of you!

We expected to be battered tonight unless we had high hopes of some fighting fergie battle.

feck off the lot of you.

Billy Blaggs

You're all lucky I'm not the be all and end all of this Manchester united (forum) because if bam you all. Shame on you. We came within a inch of a draw against some team with arguably the greatest player in history yet you mug one of our players.

Thank God I'm not a mod

I watched the game and I was still saying we can do this. feck off shit this forum down and let the football and the transfer and the general go on on.

sam147

He kept DiMaria out only because Dimaria wanted to leave and because Van Gaal wanted to prove a point. How many goals and assists did DiMaria get that season compared to Young? Actually whens the last time Young registered more than 10 assists in a season? He didnt reinvent himself. Years of underinvestment and Shaws fitness meant Ashley Young was the only option. He played literally the same as he has always done. Worked hard, switched of defensively and cut in on the right to overhit a cross. Now he is a RB. For someone who was a winger he has zero confidence on the ball. He is an absolute liability both with and without the ball and is a disgrace to be captaining Man United against Barcelona.

Billy Blaggs

He kept DiMaria out only because Dimaria wanted to leave and because Van Gaal wanted to prove a point. How many goals and assists did DiMaria get that season compared to Young? Actually whens the last time Young registered more than 10 assists in a season? He didnt reinvent himself. Years of underinvestment and Shaws fitness meant Ashley Young was the only option. He played literally the same as he has always done. Worked hard, switched of defensively and cut in on the right to overhit a cross. Now he is a RB. For someone who was a winger he has zero confidence on the ball. He is an absolute liability both with and without the ball and is a disgrace to be captaining Man United against Barcelona.
You're not a united supporter.

How old are you?

Have you ever seen a liverpool side so good that it made a mockery of us.?
A liverpool side that beat every team it played against?
A liverpool side that beat the best in Europe.
Steamrollered the European cup.

You'll go about Heysel and shit but their team was fecking great and we hated them for it.
The great team of Real Madrid got backpacking by liverpool and we just went at it at Barcelona.

You're not utd fans. You never will be.

sam147

You're not a united supporter.

How old are you?

Have you ever seen a liverpool side so good that it made a mockery of us.?
A liverpool side that beat every team it played against?
A liverpool side that beat the best in Europe.
Steamrollered the European cup.

You'll go about Heysel and shit but their team was fecking great and we hated them for it.
The great team of Real Madrid got backpacking by liverpool and we just went at it at Barcelona.

You're not utd fans. You never will be.
What? I think you've lost your meds pal. What are you even trying to say?