A look at the impact of the new 2022 Financial Fair Play Rules on Man Utd

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is FFP just one big revenue grift for the UEFA mafia? Sure seems that way.

Oranges038

I think FFP is great and UEFA are a great bunch of lads for making sure the real crooks get punished.

GazTheLegend

surprise, surprise. looks like all the moaning at city was just projection from the manchester club that actually broke the rules.
Brilliant :lol:

Takes off a happy blue Scooby Doo mask to reveal an evil bald glaring red man

I knew it!!!? It was Ed Woodward that broke the 115 violations all along

in all seriousness UEFA should be so pleased I don't have personal access to nuclear weapons right now because my trigger finger is getting really itchy for those cnuts. The best (only good) thing about City winning the CL was how furious it presumably made those fully paid up Madridistas in their head office seethe. I fully want football to burn at this point.

Teja

The best (only good) thing about City winning the CL was how furious it presumably made those fully paid up Madridistas in their head office seethe
Yep I feel this way too. Which is why I'm surprised that City haven't gotten into any real trouble so far.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Yep I feel this way too. Which is why I'm surprised that City haven't gotten into any real trouble so far.
let me spell it out for you, as it seems you need to be as smart as a city fan to get it, it’s because we are i-n-n-a-s-i-n-t.

OldSchoolManc

So United are massively guilty of one accounting error that has been declared whilst City are completely innocent of 115 charges arising from undeclared accounts?
Give us all a break.
City are the biggest con in sporting history and the original City should be brought back in division 2.

The amount of p*ss taking from City fans on here and on social media is really taking the biscuit. I hope the book is literally thrown at what is not actually City, but a shell of a club taken over by a parasite.

Last edited:

McTerminator

Difference is we don't contest it like those set of cheating clowns across town.
Anyone else starting to become indifferent to City in all of this?

Im at the point where I wish we really had partnered up for the super league and completely cut EUFA out of it.

Edwards6

Difference is we don't contest it like those set of cheating clowns across town.
We also didn't have owners pumping money into the club and pretending it's coming from sponsors to get around FFP.
Imagine where City would be if they had owners taking money out of the club every year and investing nothing

OldSchoolManc

Im at the point where I wish we really had partnered up for the super league and completely cut EUFA out of it.
Unfortunately I’m not indifferent to City at all. They and their ‘fans’ are taking a torch to what was a watchable league.
They are revelling in being a one horse race when everyone knows it’s a pointless exercise.
No matter what teams dominated in previous decades, this is entirely different.
It’s a billionaire buying every sticker for a panini sticker album. It’s meaningless

JediSith

If the super league had relegation and promotion I don’t think as many people would have objected. Remember the Premier League started after the top division teams decided to break away from the English Football League.

What killed the super league was the amount of American involvement.

McTerminator

Unfortunately I’m not indifferent to City at all. They and their ‘fans’ are taking a torch to what was a watchable league.
They are revelling in being a one horse race when everyone knows it’s a pointless exercise.
No matter what teams dominated in previous decades, this is entirely different.
It’s a billionaire buying every sticker for a panini sticker album. It’s meaningless
Agreed, but after 15 years of it we still seem to be the only ones who care.

feels like defending something on behalf of someone else who doesn’t care about it half as much as you think they should and they just .

As many have said before, the horse has bolted sadly.

If the super league had relegation and promotion I don’t think as many people would have objected. Remember the Premier League started after the top division teams decided to break away from the English Football League.

What killed the super league was the amount of American involvement.
Agreed. Definitely think EUFA need to be brought own a peg either way.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
From an FFP perspective surely the De Gea exit 19.5m (375k pw) per year and Onana purchase (9.5m tf fee amortised and 10m wages) net off.

This means we still have 60m to spend before sales.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
So, our spending if up to around £170M with the other midfielder chap likely to join at some stage, before the end of the window, which will bring it over £200M.

We need to spend these sums to continue our progress.

So, are we obliged to raise close to £100M to balance the books, or is it all bollocks?

stw2022

So, our spending if up to around £170M with the other midfielder chap likely to join at some stage, before the end of the window, which will bring it over £200M.

We need to spend these sums to continue our progress.

So, are we obliged to raise close to £100M to balance the books, or is it all bollocks?
Every transfer budget story ever written about us for the last fifteen years has been bollocks. Yet every year the bollocks is taken as gospel and causes everyone to shit themselves.

stw2022

Yup, 99.9% of the stuff in the media is bollocks.
Especially when it comes to our finances. The FFP angle did make a refreshing change. Normally Keegan or someone usually bashes out a story in May about our transfer 'budget' being about £30m and everyone loses their minds over it.