A new direction

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
We need time a no nonsense manager who is the boss and backed to the hilt.

The stars can all feck off. Start off with the hungriest youngsters and let the seniors graft for their chances. We might lose games, but better that then watch millions worth of talent slouch around the place.

If players cant handle it they can fcuk off. The only player worthy of a spot is De Gea and on the signs of this season Dalot and probably Shaw.

Everyone else goes in the graft pot. No on else has shown consistency, quality or sufficient talent.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Don't we have a no sense, sorry, no nonsense manager who is the boss? We can just back him if you want?

Or is it not working?

Ban

We need a direction, idea where this club is going, style, plans for the future.

Right now we dont have none of that. Zilch.

Raw

We need one but when scraping top 4 is all we need to satisfy Woodward, it's not going to happen.

Skills

Snitch
How about we just start with not hiring a cnut? The last 3 have been detestable scrotes.

Oh yeah one who spends most of his time coaching on the pitch, rather than talking to shit to the media.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We need a new direction but a no nonsense manager isn't what we need, we need someone to inspire these players and have the same kind of effect that the likes of Poch, Klopp and Pep have on theirs

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Don't we have a no sense, sorry, no nonsense manager who is the boss? We can just back him if you want?

Or is it not working?
He is too stubborn. Haven't seen any sign of a plan B, just plan A fail doh, plan A fail doh!...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Really curious who are these youngsters who are going to do any better, especially up front?

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

The stars can all feck off. Start off with the hungriest youngsters and let the seniors graft for their chances. We might lose games, but better that then watch millions worth of talent slouch around the place.

If players cant handle it they can fcuk off. The only player worthy of a spot is De Gea and on the signs of this season Dalot and probably Shaw.

Everyone else goes in the graft pot. No on else has shown consistency, quality or sufficient talent.
Fans aren't going to tolerate this. What we need to do is spend the millions of pounds Woodward is making with these endless sponsorships. This summer's transfer window was unacceptable.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We need to sell 10 players at least. And play with players who have quality and desire plus kids.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
We need a new direction but a no nonsense manager isn't what we need, we need someone to inspire these players and have the same kind of effect that the likes of Poch, Klopp and Pep have on theirs
Maybe you are right, but I can't help think the attitude issues are a real issue and I get the sense Woodward is insisting in playing the stars.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Fans aren't going to tolerate this. What we need to do is spend the millions of pounds Woodward is making with these endless sponsorships. This summer's transfer window was unacceptable.
I'm not saying for multiple seasons. Im talking for this season. We have too many players thinking they are boss and they need to be put in their place.

meninred

Im my belief..Mouriniho should go at end of season among some players..this will be new direction.

Kaarel

What are you people on about. Be realistic - the club is never going to 'play the hungry kids'. Whoever the manager is we will still have Lukaku up front, average back 4 and the tallest midfield in the league.

But yeah we need a change , Mourinho has had 2 full seasons now and we play such bad football its actually boring to watch. Boring. Manchester United.

Kag

You’ll be crying about the club “not spending like a top club” within months.

I do love a good ‘let’s replace the deadwood (by that I mean two thirds of the squad)’ thread.

Raven

I feel steps are being made. Whilst I was against mourinho at the start of the season, I can see he is trying to involve players we all thought he had given up on. He has implemented a new set of assistants to help modernise his football (I think). Whether it works or not, we'll soon find out.

Chairman Steve

Modernise the club with football directors and technical directors who are delegated the onfield aspects of the club.. One person is the link between the academy and the first team, another is the link between the scouting network and the first team, another handles transfer acquisitions and sales with contract renewals, another sets the playing style and philosophy for the club and targets head coaches who play the way Utd want to play and sets the criteria for players Utd should buy etc.

All those people come together to support the first team head coach, who just manages his squad of 25, picks an 11 with 7 subs and hopefully wins as many football games as he can, and reports back to the director committee with what he wants.

Lots of continental Europe teams seem to work like this and they win stuff and go far in the Champions League. I don’t see any new Sir Alex’s out there. I see plenty of good first team head coaches out there who could probably give us short term Sir Alex like results provided they have a board above them that can set the philosophy.

The more we stumble about the place, the more I’m convinced we need a good board before we need a good manager. A board that gives more of a hoot towards the football than the current one does, which they’re seemingly more interested in making money and tooting the commercial growth horn.

tjb

We should. Get rid of both Mourinho and Pogba, and if possible find a way to dump Sanchez contract. Get a Recruiting director who can work hand in hand with the manager and exclude woodward from the recruitment process, we need a guy who knows how to get value for money on sales and buys. We have enough money, and we have enough talent in the first 11 and squad moving forward to avoid a clearout. First and foremost, the fans have to be supportive of the new manager, style of play and team....Mourinho has never been given that support, since fans and member of the board never liked his personality or style of play. The key is in recruitment and the man handling it, one who can work with the board and manager. The manager needs to have a particular class that is synonymous with man utd, a manager that respects the club first and foremost. If Moyes was actually a good tactician, his attitude and understanding of the clubs values would have sufficed. I would not be opposed to hiring a manager from within, or a young British manager like Eddie Howe...as long as the club is able to recruit the right level of talent. We need to get back to the club being above anyone else.

Lentwood

Let’s be frank - whilst the Glazers are running our club we will never finish above City so the best we can hope for every season is 2nd. The Glazers have shown they will only invest enough money to target top 4 and they certainly won’t go and sanction the £500m summer we need to fund a real challenge

So, with that in mind, why don’t we use this as an opportunity to doing something cool and go in a totally different direction? Appoint Cantona or Giggs or Neville - anyone with a strong connection with the club. Shun agents, shun foreign players who can’t speak a word of English or find Manchester on a map and roll in for the money. Shun crazy transfer fees for mediocre players.

Sell the likes of Pogba, Martial, Sanchez, Bailly, Fred etc....all decent players I’m sure but who honestly feels a connection with these players?

Invest in youth and build the world’s biggest and best academy. Let’s get the likes of Tuanzabe, Gribbin, Gomes, Chong, TFM and Rashford into the side every week and build on that. Soon all of the best young players in England will flock our way once they realise they won’t have at least three International footballers on six-figure salaries between them and the first team.

We can develop players who have a real love for the club, players who won’t run to knobheads like Raiola to hold us to ransom every time something doesn’t go their way. It might take time and it might mean sacrificing some short term success but we will have our club back. A proper Manchester Utd team full of youth, energy, optimism and a love of playing football.

Oh and it would be cheap so sure the Glazers would love it

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yes let’s not actually focus on bringing a cohesive attractive and successful style of play to Old Trafford but let’s concentrate on just graft and attitude - where has that got us in the past two seasons?

SER19

We have one. But people like pogba can do whatever they want and the manager gets blamed

Dinesh Tomar

The problem with our club is hiring three defensive minded managers on the trot. Big clubs and this strategy will never work for longer time because attacking philosophy is the base our great club is standing upon and the very reason we became famous for. Managers like Jose can never be long term manager for us. We must go for attack minded manager next time, otherwise same issues will persist. Biggest difference from our winning teams and today is not enough quality players in final third and midfield whether it is strikers, wingers or AM. Mata, Rashford and martial can't be starters for us. We need better players in these positions. An attack minded manager will surely address this issue instead of buying more CBs. Our defence is suffering because of lack of goals, the manager must realize this.

Red_toad

We need a direction, idea where this club is going, style, plans for the future.

Right now we dont have none of that. Zilch.
We’ve a lot of players who lack determination and the ability/ maturity to play certain roles as per the coaches directions.
We all know Joae’s Style and direction. We lack 3/4 players of the sufficient quality. But sack the manager and sell the players seems to be the theme. Let’s move onto the next manager. Probably in 18 months the same dross will be all over the Caf...

Red_toad

Yes let’s not actually focus on bringing a cohesive attractive and successful style of play to Old Trafford but let’s concentrate on just graft and attitude - where has that got us in the past two seasons?

More trophies than City, Spurs, Liverpool etc I’d bet...

DiceRoller

Let’s be frank - whilst the Glazers are running our club we will never finish above City so the best we can hope for every season is 2nd. The Glazers have shown they will only invest enough money to target top 4 and they certainly won’t go and sanction the £500m summer we need to fund a real challenge

So, with that in mind, why don’t we use this as an opportunity to doing something cool and go in a totally different direction? Appoint Cantona or Giggs or Neville - anyone with a strong connection with the club. Shun agents, shun foreign players who can’t speak a word of English or find Manchester on a map and roll in for the money. Shun crazy transfer fees for mediocre players.

Sell the likes of Pogba, Martial, Sanchez, Bailly, Fred etc....all decent players I’m sure but who honestly feels a connection with these players?

Invest in youth and build the world’s biggest and best academy. Let’s get the likes of Tuanzabe, Gribbin, Gomes, Chong, TFM and Rashford into the side every week and build on that. Soon all of the best young players in England will flock our way once they realise they won’t have at least three International footballers on six-figure salaries between them and the first team.

We can develop players who have a real love for the club, players who won’t run to knobheads like Raiola to hold us to ransom every time something doesn’t go their way. It might take time and it might mean sacrificing some short term success but we will have our club back. A proper Manchester Utd team full of youth, energy, optimism and a love of playing football.

Oh and it would be cheap so sure the Glazers would love it
Bless the naivety! It always amazes me that football can (successfully) pitch itself as sentimental and fans still buy it or believe sentiment exists.

21st century premier league is as ruthless as it gets. There is no sentiment. Youth will be played if they’re 1) good enough 2) budget dictates

United fans were spoiled due to ‘92. It was an utter anomaly (and a Fergie) that you’d have Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Beckham, Nevilles etc. all coming through together and all making it successfully in the 1st team.

To suggest that we’d sell all the commercially exploitable players and replace them with names and faces nobody knows is insane for a business model that requires big, commercial names to attract sponsors.

When Woodward and co. meet they discuss numbers, EBITDA - things you can measure. All the other stuff is fluff.

Ban

We’ve a lot of players who lack determination and the ability/ maturity to play certain roles as per the coaches directions.
We all know Joae’s Style and direction. We lack 3/4 players of the sufficient quality. But sack the manager and sell the players seems to be the theme. Let’s move onto the next manager. Probably in 18 months the same dross will be all over the Caf...
Yup. Impatient fans will call for the next managers head real quickly.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Mourinho is probably the most no nonsense manager in the game. One of the things he's most criticised for is being too honest in the press.

darko

I've thought about it a lot and I honestly think that when he retires from playing Zlatan would be the right personality for this club.

NoLogo

How about we just start with not hiring a cnut? The last 3 have been detestable scrotes.

Oh yeah one who spends most of his time coaching on the pitch, rather than talking to shit to the media.
Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind some manager like Lampard. Young manager who plays a modern style of fast and fearless football and has no problem relying and trusting young players, apply a policy on top of that to not buy players older than 25/26 and let's see what he can make out of the team. Can't me much shit tier than the soulless overpaid dross we keep watching almost every week and would probably cost the club much less in wages.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Less so poch i think. But someone like the other two who gets you playing attacking goal threat football.

It says it all these days that you wouldn't dare put a United forward in your fantasy footy team! That used to be unthinkable!!

Lentwood

Bless the naivety! It always amazes me that football can (successfully) pitch itself as sentimental and fans still buy it or believe sentiment exists.

21st century premier league is as ruthless as it gets. There is no sentiment. Youth will be played if they’re 1) good enough 2) budget dictates

United fans were spoiled due to ‘92. It was an utter anomaly (and a Fergie) that you’d have Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Beckham, Nevilles etc. all coming through together and all making it successfully in the 1st team.

To suggest that we’d sell all the commercially exploitable players and replace them with names and faces nobody knows is insane for a business model that requires big, commercial names to attract sponsors.

When Woodward and co. meet they discuss numbers, EBITDA - things you can measure. All the other stuff is fluff.
It’s not naivety, I acknowledge that initially we would most likely really struggle. Commercially, we would also take a hit in the short-term but think about what you are selling long-term - a proper football club with proper footballers. Whilst every other club continues to sell their soul to the highest bidder there must be some value in retaining an identity?

I don’t care btw, I won’t watch this Utd side. Not because we’re bad or it’s boring because i’ve seen far worse, but because the vast majority of our players and the people associated with our club physically repulse me

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We will have to access it as the season moves on. As much as we would have liked to have beat Derby, it wasn't a league game so it's as you were. If we keep dropping points then we have to access the situation before it becomes a bigger issue. The board are at fault for hiring the wrong men after Sir Alex. There's no question about that. We need a freshness because right now we're stale. Our full back options with Shaw and Dalot have improved. Martial is looking hungrier again. There are positives but there are a number of problems. If that meant exchanging Pogba for TWO quality players then so be it. Putting more faith in Pereira who can perform a similar role with less baggage. We have choices/decisions to make. Is Jose the Man? That depends on how honest we allow him to be. That depends on if the club are willing to back him in the transfer market. If they didn't in the summer, that's a big issue in and of itself. We just have to accept that our players when pressed are mentally weak. We take better pens then we have in the past but we lack composure with the final ball a lot of the time. We don't create the number of chances we should. We don't take enough risks. I would fine these players when they lose it and miskick the ball. Our players are mentally incredibly hit and miss. The shape of the ball don't change. They should have a big more pride but maybe they lack character. They should get off social media and work on their game. I remember a story of a European game under Sir Matt I think - where the players took it upon themselves to change things but these days the players lack guts. They lack fight. They think they're stars but they're just people who have a lot of uninteresting excuses. They need to get Sanchez firing. They need Pogba to focus. They need Lukaku to take more of these chances. We need to defend ALOT better...it's unacceptable.

Josh 76

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind some manager like Lampard. Young manager who plays a modern style of fast and fearless football and has no problem relying and trusting young players, apply a policy on top of that to not buy players older than 25/26 and let's see what he can make out of the team. Can't me much shit tier than the soulless overpaid dross we keep watching almost every week and would probably cost the club much less in wages.
You mean someone like Carrick ? Lol
My family are from Derby and believe me when i say Frank Lampard is not the new Pep.

RoyH1

I believe that children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way.
Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be.