A new era begins

Wheato

I have just renewed my season tickets. The ability to opt out of the cup competitions takes a bit of the pressure off.

I'm optimistic for the future of this club. Seeing Ten Hag taking up his post 2 months early is exactly what we need. He's not swanning off to a beach somewhere, he's getting stuck in straight away. He and his team are going to be working all through the summer to plan for the future of this club. We will have to be patient, and not get giddy over some of the names being linked to us. We know that many of these rumours are drummed up by agents trying to increase the value of their players. Don't be surprised by some of the names that do actually come into the club, players that we may not have heard of before or even considered or rated highly.

Ten Hag and his team know what they are doing, and they will build a squad that can play in a certain system. And don't be surprised at some of the players who end up staying. Look at the players that he had at Ajax that he made better. Sebastian Haller couldn't get a game at West Ham, he is now being tipped to replace Lewandowski, at Bayern. Dušan Tadić barely made any impact at Southampton, but he has been superb for Ajax. Our own DVB was like a dynamo in that Ajax team. ETH made them better players, and he bought well too.

Our future is in good hands. There's no need to get carried away with the media circus of ins and outs, or the youtube channels flogging wild rumours. We've done the marquee signings to death, and that lazy way of chucking money at a problem just doesn't work anymore. Let the experts who are now running the football side of our club do their thing, and bring in the players they want to, and when the whistle blows for the first game of the season, we will have a squad of players with a decent pre-season under their belts, players who have been chosen to play in a certain system, that will build and gather momentum over time and bring back the glory days once again.

This new season will need lots of patience, trust, faith and most of all our unwavering support.

I'm in.

Reactions: Invictus

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I can't wait, I genuinely belive if eth is backed not just with money but the final say on all squad matters we are at the start of a comeback, not going to be quick or easy, and there will be some cock ups along the way, but it's a start.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Lets hope so. Tough job but I will support him for sure and give him plenty of time too

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I was fairly convinced we would have a tough season next time round too, but the more we hear about Erik, the more we find out the sort of players we are being linked with and with the way the club hierarchy seems to be being revolutionised I can help but smile and hope for the best. I am excited for the new Era in a way I wasn’t before. It’s a good feeling.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nice OP @Wheato. I agree with everything. We probably need to think outside the box a bit more. Take risks in the market that will raise eyebrows. Some peoples favourite players may be marginalised etc but people should be happy. It can’t really get any worse than this (with what we are spending) We support Utd to be entertained and inspired and hopefully those days are coming back.

TOPREDIAMNOT

"Obi One...you are my last hope....."

Will Darth Glazer be beaten or will we die?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Like what I've seen of him so far, but it's a massive jump for him and a massive risk from us. Hopefully it's just what we need.

Cathy Ferguson

Top 4 and a general improvement to our game, I am not asking for more. EL victory would be a bonus if we qualify. Season 2: within 10 points from the titel. Season 3: challenge for the title.

arthurka

I think Ten Hag will get plenty of leeway in his first season.
Hope so, Ralf didn't have that luxury. I fear for this place when we are still struggling for any kind of form in December. The knives will be out for blood.

el3mel

Hope so, Ralf didn't have that luxury. I fear for this place when we are still struggling for any kind of form in December. The knives will be out for blood.
Ralf's United have been shit 5 or 6 months after he got the job. That's a way long time and the fact there was zero improvement in either football played or even results warranted him getting slaughtered. He failed miserably.

As for Ten Hag he will get a free run for the first few months as usual but by midway in the season I, at least, expect to see some patterns of play and a clear style getting implemented, even if it's not perfect and if there are still mistakes or bad games (which is normal), but a clear identity on the pitch and signs that we are going somewhere must be visible by December or January, regardless from results.

Not really asking much here.

Long Time Red

Ralf hasn't improved any of our players.

Ten Hag will drastically improve most of our players by giving them proper coaching and tactics.

We'll be an unrecognisable team from the very first pre-season game in July, forget about December.

ExoduS

I am not excited about anything until I see some results. I was excited too many times before and was let down. Adaptation to England is long, long process. Very few managers enjoy immediate success, even with better teams.

sirAlexsglasses

His whole demeanour reminds me of SAF, he wants all his ducks in line before he starts. This is a man who knows what is needed and he’s going to be successful, he has my backing completely.

Bondi77

I have just renewed my season tickets. The ability to opt out of the cup competitions takes a bit of the pressure off.

I'm optimistic for the future of this club. Seeing Ten Hag taking up his post 2 months early is exactly what we need. He's not swanning off to a beach somewhere, he's getting stuck in straight away. He and his team are going to be working all through the summer to plan for the future of this club. We will have to be patient, and not get giddy over some of the names being linked to us. We know that many of these rumours are drummed up by agents trying to increase the value of their players. Don't be surprised by some of the names that do actually come into the club, players that we may not have heard of before or even considered or rated highly.

Ten Hag and his team know what they are doing, and they will build a squad that can play in a certain system. And don't be surprised at some of the players who end up staying. Look at the players that he had at Ajax that he made better. Sebastian Haller couldn't get a game at West Ham, he is now being tipped to replace Lewandowski, at Bayern. Dušan Tadić barely made any impact at Southampton, but he has been superb for Ajax. Our own DVB was like a dynamo in that Ajax team. ETH made them better players, and he bought well too.

Our future is in good hands. There's no need to get carried away with the media circus of ins and outs, or the youtube channels flogging wild rumours. We've done the marquee signings to death, and that lazy way of chucking money at a problem just doesn't work anymore. Let the experts who are now running the football side of our club do their thing, and bring in the players they want to, and when the whistle blows for the first game of the season, we will have a squad of players with a decent pre-season under their belts, players who have been chosen to play in a certain system, that will build and gather momentum over time and bring back the glory days once again.

This new season will need lots of patience, trust, faith and most of all our unwavering support.

I'm in.
Haller was really good in Germany before he came to England but could not cut it here so now he is a good player again in a weaker league as quite a few of the Ajax players are.
Hopefully the fans will give Erik time as he is going to need it.

Roane

Nice thread OP.

Think it's time to "get real" in terms of giving the team support and time to get things going.

Also personally think what's done is done and needs to be a bit of forgive and forget with any players ETH wants to keep that we as fans haven't liked recently. Fresh clean slate.

Upwards and onwards

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont know why people say we should expect a tough season. We just had one of the worst seasons ever and yet, we are only 4 wins away from getting a top 3. With a decent investment and a good coaching, we can actually get more than that.

Yes, it's going to be a bumpy ride but given we most probably will have 5 CL spots next year, anything beyond that would be a very disappointing season. Iam not expecting a title challenge but he and his team will have to get us top 5 , comfortably.

Korwas

I don't think I have enthusiasm yet because of this horrible season and team, but I have interest and that can quickly become enthusiasm if I ETH make clear changes to the way we play that make a positive impact.

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
Looking at next season, I would say Spuds are looking vulnerable and Arsenal are looking very vulnerable. And Chelsea? Who knows.
Newcastle maybe in the mix.

Long Time Red

I dont know why people say we should expect a tough season. We just had one of the worst seasons ever and yet, we are only 4 wins away from getting a top 3. With a decent investment and a good coaching, we can actually get more than that.

Yes, it's going to be a bumpy ride but given we most probably will have 5 CL spots next year, anything beyond that would be a very disappointing season. Iam not expecting a title challenge but he and his team will have to get us top 5 , comfortably.
People almost seem to enjoy the toxicity and revel in being the most pessimistic poster, it's bizarre.

Roane

There is a lot to take on board especially if we have up to 10 players leaving. The amount of players who have taken a season to settle in for teams is well known.

Sure we have a preseason which should help, if we make early signings but there has already been a lot of change behind the scenes and more to come. It's may well take a while. So patience is key.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
It’s going to be an interesting ride, tempting to try get a season ticket but not to sit on my own!

Hope people can keep perspective and see the bigger picture.

Doubt it though reading some of the guff on here sometimes!!

Zen86

Good to see ETH putting the work in early, god knows we need it right now. I’m cautiously optimistic for the future, but I’m not getting carried away.

MonkeysMagic

After many false dawns, the level of apathy built up in the fanbase will only dissipate with consistent results and quality of football. ETH is capable of this, but requires patience from fans and total control over footballing matters from the owners. I feel he may get the former, but perhaps not the latter!

A bit of luck with the league and Cup fixtures draw may also be helpful. It'll be a bumpy ride up until the WC in Nov with new players and style of play bedding in, but I think the second half of the season may show us what ETH is capable of in the PL.

Kag

Good for you.

I think next season is going to be largely shite and Ten Hag has Everest to climb.

el3mel

People almost seem to enjoy the toxicity and revel in being the most pessimistic poster, it's bizarre.
I know, pretty weird indeed why United fans are pessimistic, not like we are approaching 10 years of being absolute shit more often than not.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
It feels like a whole fresh start. Maybe its the similarities to when Fergie joined us, a fresh face taking over rather than one of the stale old names that have been doing the rounds. I have optimism, maybe not for next season but seasons to follow.

Long Time Red

I know, pretty weird indeed why United fans are pessimistic, not like we are approaching 10 years of being absolute shit more often than not.
Well to anyone with a brain, the pessimism isn't justified.

For the first time in 10 years we have a world class manager who's a cut above everyone we've had since SAF.

I think after the first 5 games people will have to reign in the optimism rather than the pessimism.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Really don't know how ETH will adapt to the PL but my 2 contenders for the full time gig were Poch and TH so I have at least got my wish to see one of them in the job.

Haven't looked forward to a season as much as this one since before SAF left. Over a decade and here we finally are.

The only thing that would spoil it for me is if Lingard, Pogba and Rashford get contract renewals. The first one I think is very unlikely to happen. The second unlikely to happen and the third is anyones guess. The club needs to be ruthless. So far on the staff side of things we've taken a large step (hopefully) forward. Now we need to have the same attitude towards the playing side of things but for now no complaints.