A prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

If we sack Ole right now and appoint Poch, we can actually win the league this year.

McTerminator

We always lose these games and have done since SAF. A game like this is so full of expectation that it just fills me with dread at this point.

nainaisson

I can definitely see us blowing this game if we rest too many key players. I have an "away at Istanbul" feeling of dread about this game, in other words.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
My prediction is that this season is similar to the season that Leicester won it. With most top team struggling and the amount of consistent luck Ole has, he may be able to win the league. The only team that can challenge might be spurs because they look consistent under Mourinho. However, they are one injury away from being shite again.

Manchester united has the team to win the league this season, but we are being held back by Ole. A top manager with this team and Manchester United will be favorite.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm actually worried about this game now after our rivals dropping points :lol:. I think we can jinx it though. This is a game we usually drop points in and it would come as a surprise but not anymore. Hopefully this has jinxed it

Shiva87

It's amazing how I just know that tomorrow night will be really disappointing. There was a time when I knew we will take this chance 100% - our team was just that mentally strong. Now, it's like even if we take this chance (against all recent history), we'll throw it away against Leeds.

I really think that if this team can find a way to not capitulate in key moments, we can win the title. We seem to respond strongly when we are behind just to fall short when we need to finish the job.

Last season's third place finish was also like that. We got very lucky with Leicester's injuries and drop of form, but we should have never let it go down to the last day!

Highfather_24

We play well when we go in as underdogs, when the players are under no pressure. But when we are expected to win, the players crumble.

Doesnt surprise me we have played well when we go down a goal or two. The players lack a winning mentality.

Plymouth Red

If Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, and Cavani score 70 goals between them...sure, there's a chance.
That works out to 14 goals apiece which on paper is a very modest ask for each of them.
In reality, Cavani is harder to call than the others due to uncertainty around injuries and playing time. We know he is a proven goal scorer but will he get the opportunities in every sense?
Bruno is the likeliest to hit and exceed 14, but the other three are total enigmas, which is probably the biggest factor holding us back. Theoretically the most potent front three in Europe, firing on one cylinder currently.
If only we had a coaching team that was worth its salt.

Gasolin

We manage to get some decent form in the league. Our rivals drop points. We play the last fixture in this round of games. Against the worst team in the league, who have been diabolical all season. Three points could see us surge up the table.

We all know what’s going to happen. That’s what this team does, under Ole. We’re not going to win. It’s inevitable.
Last time this season our rivals dropped point, we won. So maybe it's not inevitable and it's happening?

Member 113277

I predict we win by a margin of at least 2 goals.

We scored 6 against them, last season and conceded 3 - when they were playing a lot better than they are this season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A game that (could) decide the fate of two managers. They don't call this Super Thursday for nothing.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
we'll win this without the need of a 2nd half blitz, #Ole in will all have massive erections that'll last until Christmas, as we'll beat Dirty Leeds as well, they'll all be very quiet in May though, as we prepare for a season of Sunday/Thursday.

MattofManchester

We've set a precedent for ourselves in big games. Losing to Leipzig when needing a draw, but the bigger one being last season. Until the end of the season when Leicester and Chelsea collapsed, we had numerous chances to get into the top 4,and bottled it every single time.

I think we either lost or drew every game that gave us a chance to get ahead of them with a win.

We got there in the end, but it certainly makes you wonder how we'll react when opportunities arise.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
After those results we've seen yesterday, one thing I'd bet on is we'll be starting full strength team. Ole will want to put 2 past them in first half and just stroll in the second half.

Phil

After those results we've seen yesterday, one thing I'd bet on is we'll be starting full strength team. Ole will want to put 2 past them in first half and just stroll in the second half.
We'll go down in the first half and come back with 2 in the second and we'll bloody like it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All our rivals drop points and we have 1 of the worst teams in form of the league?

Guaranteed dropped points. I'm starting up the Ole out thread already.

OleTheGreat

Chelsea losing and City getting only one point vs. West Brom can't mean anything else than us losing to Sheffield United and it's not a jinx.
I feel the same way. We have never been good when the time comes for us to react and get a good result. Ferguson teams loved such challenges and would make no errors and create so many chances in such games but post Fergie era, we've hardly take advantage of such situations except of course the end of last season. We did well there. I really wish we win and prove we're better then Lampard's Chelsea in spite of their big spending spree in the summer. It will truly be mud in their faces if we manage to do that. West Brom will fight to keep us at bay and take every chance to score first. If they manage to score first, they'll probably borrow Jose's bus and park it in front of goal. We need to be sharp and go for it from the get go. If we get the first goal, then they'll drop their shoulders and we can go on win comfortably. Let's see what Ole does. He should probably bench Bruno for this and bring him on in the second half or play him only for the first 45. Either ways he needs a rest but Pogba and VDB must play a part in this game along with Martial and Greenwood. Rashford can be rested as well and James can be given a go, he must be raring to go and this is the best opportunity for him. If you ask me though, I'd throw Facundo Pellestri in in the second half and see how he does. We need to be positive and confident because the whole world would be supporting the underdogs.

Sea-Cow

Sheffield are so ridiculously bad I don't think they'll even give us a chance to bottle this.
They are guaranteed to play out of their minds against us. We better be up for it and match their effort from the start if we want to have a chance at not fecking this up.

Which of course means we will come out like hungover zombies and get in a nice 2-0 hole before we decide to wake up.

Yes, I am a negative pessimistic bastard also.

Sea-Cow

Yes a few disturbing things about this game
Sheff U haven't won yet
We are on a club record run of away victories
It's now clear that a fair few of our rivals have/will be dropping points

It's got embarrassing defeat written all over it.

I predict we will start well, miss some good chances early on, the concede from a set piece, fall apart for the rest of the half and go in at half time 2-0 down.

Second half we will see lots of passing about between our defenders and lots of over hit long balls from maguire and co and no penetration until we get a soft penalty in the 72nd minute that Bruno scores then play like a team possesed for 10 minutes but miss a host of chances, then spend the last ten minutes playing hoof ball with a random selection of 2 attackers 3 midfielders and 5 defenders on and look utterly hopeless.

Cue a complete meltdown of the caf with arguments about XG/no coaching/tactics P.E teacher, the creditenials of the Norwegian league and an apparently title winning squad and lots of mentions of Poch.

I really hope.this doesn't happen of course, but you can see it coming cant you?
Ok erase my predictions. Longshanks got it spot on.

Also, are you still pissed about that babe whispering to you about how she was knocked up by Braveheart and how your line would end with your death? That had to hurt.

Brophs

The One and Only
You mean.....we go behind in an away game and don’t come back to win.

Seems a bit far fetched.

Longshanks

Ok erase my predictions. Longshanks got it spot on.

Also, are you still pissed about that babe whispering to you about how she was knocked up by Braveheart and how your line would end with your death? That had to hurt.
Absolutely, 700 years after my death it still hurts, bloody William Wallace.

Sea-Cow

For a preview of the match tomorrow, please see how Southampton are playing out of their minds against a team of pricks who quit as soon as things get hard.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
With each result my prediction becomes more and more certain. Just need a Liverpool v Spurs draw for 100% confirmation.
Bit weird, isn't it? None of the big six have won a game since that 0-0. Now even Leicester and Southampton have dropped points too. Liverpool v Spurs to be a draw too?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bit weird, isn't it? None of the big six have won a game since that 0-0. Now even Leicester and Southampton have dropped points too. Liverpool v Spurs to be a draw too?
It’s like the footballing gods are conspiring to make a mug of Ole. Sheffield United have one point, so far this season. And a goal difference of -16!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So everyone dropped points and at least one of Spurs/Liverpool will drop, and then on the weekend, these are the games:
  • Palace v Liverpool
  • Southampton v City
  • Everton v Arsenal
  • Spurs v Leicester
With United away to Sheffield Utd tomorrow and home to Leeds on the weekend. When have we ever post Sir Alex taken advantage of a couple of rounds of fixtures like these? Could realistically pick up 6 points (26 points) and have a game in hand, and see Liverpool/Spurs be top of the league with 27 points.

Still early days. And we need to start both playing well and getting results. But everyone's been shit and the league is wide open so far.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It’s like the footballing gods are conspiring to make a mug of Ole. Sheffield United have one point, so far this season. And a goal difference of -16!
My wife is absolutely 100% convinced we are losing as I keep brining every new surprise result up.

Status
Not open for further replies.