"A quagmire of mediocrity" - anonymous member of staff at United

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
In reality it was "We can do things in the transfer market others would have nightmares about".

Imagine you're running a PL club and you have a dream you spent 50 million pounds sterling on Fred from the Ukrainian league or you buy Rojo instead of Toby or Vertonghen or zillion other better players. Or you pay Bastian 200-250k a week who is overweight injured and past it before you even sign him.
That's grim.

Gives the feeling a noob is playing a game of Football Manager in real life.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Moyes fecked up the transfer window because he was busy chasing Kroos and Fabregas for most of the transfer window and finally panicked and decided to buy Fellaini for more money. That car crash of a window was due to Moyes.

LvG was backed completely, we bought a bunch of players that he wanted and he simply couldn't coach the team properly or choose proper players.

Mourinho is an absolute cnut and has only time to voice his "grievances", he spent shitloads of money, he was the reason we bought in the useless Sanchez. He was rightly not backed in his last year, the only mistake the board made was not firing him after the Sevilla post match interview.
And Ole isn't qualified. I wonder what the next one will be.

None of these coaches is perfect, but they are all much better than their time at United suggests.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We all know what a top manager can do to a side. We had Sir Alex for more than 2 decades. So let's cut the BS shall we?

There is nothing to be ashamed of not being united level. 99.9% of people are on that sama boat. With football being modernised and roles being fragmented that rate is going higher by the minute. I dare to say that there is no one in football who is able to do the job sir Alex did. Its a 2-3 man job now

Which makes it silly to give it to an amateur manager who was out of depth even at cardiff
I'm not comparing Ole with Guardiola or Klopp, I'm saying even those managers took some time to implement their tactics, the initial run we had was never due to Ole because he never had the time to do any coaching, the good run was because the players finally felt unshackled from the negative atmosphere Mourinho created, it happens all the time with relegation fighting clubs - new crap manager comes in, suddenly the team plays well, escapes relegation and next year it's back to relegation fighting.

If you watch City or any other top team, you would see that their players miss so many good chances but still score goals because they create so many chances through good tactics, we create at best 1 or 2 chances and when our players fluffs that chance it looks like huge miss because that one or two are the only chances that we create the entire game.
I think we will just have to agree to disagree (for now). In any case, if Ole goes, then Woody should go with him

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
It’s not Ole ffs, it’s intensely irritating how the manager is always blamed. He’s not a top class manager but this goes WAY beyond him. Short term memories for some people who failed to notice we’ve been garbage under the three previous managers too. People think that just getting the next hot prospect coach in will magically solve everything, it won’t. In fact, good managers are smart enough to stay away, such as Klopp, who turned us down because he could see what a shambles the whole club is. Any top manager would avoid this club like the plague. Poisoned chalice is too kind of a description. I hope Ole leaves just to save him from this godawful, hateful fanbase to be honest. He doesn’t deserve it.
It still baffles me that Jose's tenure is still labeled as "garbage", especially when compared to the results of other managers since Fergie. Europa, League Cup, 2nd place finish, FA Cup final, and twice advanced through CL group stage is a dream compared to the current situation.

Reactions: Sultan