Television A Question of Sport

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Previous thread was 6 years old.

Is it me or wtf have they done to it?

Nothing against Paddy McGuiness, but he has no connection to sport, whatsoever. Can't they find a commentator, like usual, to compare the programme?

Sam Queck, fecking Scouser, enough said.

Ugo Monye seems alright, but who the feck is he?

I can't see these lot lasting long at this.

Deery

Dreary
I usually never miss it but it’s awful shite got never watched tonight..

Dan_F

The weird thing is that there’s actually less annoying “banter” from the new captains than there was before. But Paddy McGuiness alone increases the annoyance factor to far worse than it was previously.

I really cringed when he tried to connect Dennis Bergkamp to that early 90s Arsenal team.

GueRed

Peak years for me was Emlyn Hughes and Botham loved watching it in my youth

Havent watched it since McCoist and Parrot was on.

Sam Quek is cute so might check her i mean it out

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Feels like they’ve tried to modernise it and making it more like A league of their own, which wasn’t needed at all. I think it will get better over time and there is clearly an awkwardness about it at the moment and no chemistry between the captains and the host. That should come over time

Im actually going to A question of sport live tour today, which is like a farewell tour with Barker, Dawson and Tufnell. I’m looking forward to it.

GueRed

Feels like they’ve tried to modernise it and making it more like A league of their own, which wasn’t needed at all. I think it will get better over time and there is clearly an awkwardness about it at the moment and no chemistry between the captains and the host. That should come over time

Im actually going to A question of sport live tour today, which is like a farewell tour with Barker, Dawson and Tufnell. I’m looking forward to it.
nice! enjoy lad.

Deery

Dreary
Been watching for a few weeks and holding judgment but this Sam Quek is absolutely terrible at A Question of Sport..

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
No chemistry between the two captains. Ugo's boring and Paddy McGuiness doesn't have a clue about sport.

Deery

Dreary
Ugo’s shite too, didn’t even know where United beat Chelsea for the UCL final, but Quek not getting Lennox Lewis or Raphael Varane in the picture round takes the biscuit.

lsd

The Oracle
Previous thread was 6 years old.

Is it me or wtf have they done to it?

Nothing against Paddy McGuiness, but he has no connection to sport, whatsoever. Can't they find a commentator, like usual, to compare the programme?

Sam Queck, fecking Scouser, enough said.

Ugo Monye seems alright, but who the feck is he?

I can't see these lot lasting long at this.

I have to disagree about you having nothing against Paddy McGuinness.

How can you have nothing against him? he is a talentless unfunny prick who owes everything to being in the same class at school and Peter Kay.

I have see threads against James Corden who at least has done something to deserve being a celebrity even though he is a prick

Paddy though has done absolutely nothing to be where he is.

His stand up was the worst stand up I have ever witnessed I implore anyone to go to you tube and watch fine minutes without throwing your phone out of the window.

Oh and the new Question of Sport is truly awful

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Peak years for me was Emlyn Hughes and Botham loved watching it in my youth

Havent watched it since McCoist and Parrot was on.

Sam Quek is cute so might check her i mean it out
Bill Beaumont was a bit of bore to be fair.

Dan_F

Been watching for a few weeks and holding judgment but this Sam Quek is absolutely terrible at A Question of Sport..
I thought her knowledge was pretty decent when I’ve watched it, but that was mainly for shite like horse racing and golf, which seems impressive to me because I have basic knowledge of them.

All I know is they need to get rid of that shite curling round. It makes the rest of the rounds irrelevant if you do shit in that.

We need an rvn

I thought her knowledge was pretty decent when I’ve watched it, but that was mainly for shite like horse racing and golf, which seems impressive to me because I have basic knowledge of them.

All I know is they need to get rid of that shite curling round. It makes the rest of the rounds irrelevant if you do shit in that.
100% agree with this. You can do great with the questions etc, but if the opposition don't they can still get 2 shots at getting 5 points with each puck then what's the point of the game.

With regards to Paddy, I have nothing against him personally, but I do find him annoying in everything I see him in for some reason. Top Gear - why is he there. QoS - no history linked to sport and it's not a show that needs an entertainer like him as a host.

I'm also a bit annoyed that the new appointments weren't based on merit, but more at the time that they wanted a more diverse panel and to appeal to a younger generation. Sue and co didn't deserve to be sacked like that in my opinion.

Not enjoying it half as much, and think most older viewers feel the same.

Deery

Dreary

She gets some questions right but for a team captain you’d expect her knowledge to be impressive which it is not, getting basic questions wrong every week.

Yeah the curling round is a load of nonsense seen Ugo win a couple of games straight off the back of that round which renders the final round pretty pointless.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I have to disagree about you having nothing against Paddy McGuinness.

How can you have nothing against him? he is a talentless unfunny prick who owes everything to being in the same class at school and Peter Kay.

I have see threads against James Corden who at least has done something to deserve being a celebrity even though he is a prick

Paddy though has done absolutely nothing to be where he is.

His stand up was the worst stand up I have ever witnessed I implore anyone to go to you tube and watch fine minutes without throwing your phone out of the window.

Oh and the new Question of Sport is truly awful
:lol:

The games are always good value if you're into your sport but in terms of the comedy and entertainment value I've always found AQoS sorely lacking, it's always been a cringe-fest as long as I've watched it (Parrot and McCoist were my first captains).

choccy77

BBC ruin everything eventually.

Let's not mention a certain Doctor

tentan

Poor man's poster.
The new setup is horrible. Shouldve kept Barker, Dawson and Tuffnell.

Paddy is cringey, unfunny and tries too hard. The whole show feels amateurish.

Dan_F

Been axed. Of course this is the fault of wokeness according to Twitter. Yet in the same tweet they will mention getting rid of Sue Barker, like she wasn’t replaced by an unfunny, white, middle-aged man. Go woke, go broke indeed.

The show was always best when it was trying to be a sports quiz with some jokes. Not the other way around.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Time to dust off the 'Bring Back They Think It's All Over (minus Rory McGrath and Lee Hurst)' petition.

GlasgowCeltic

Second BBC staple that's been binned off after getting the Paddy McGuiness treatment?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Been axed. Of course this is the fault of wokeness according to Twitter. Yet in the same tweet they will mention getting rid of Sue Barker, like she wasn’t replaced by an unfunny, white, middle-aged man. Go woke, go broke indeed.

The show was always best when it was trying to be a sports quiz with some jokes. Not the other way around.
Why is it the fault of woke? It was never particularly edgy even in its prime, very wholesome

Revaulx

I stopped watching it when Cliff Morgan got axed. Emlyn Hughes was incredibly annoying and Bill Beaumont just dull.

Amazed it’s lasted this long.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Because they made the critical mistake of hiring a black person, apparently.
Depends whether he was hired on merit because he was the best person for the role, or to tick a box. I haven’t seen it with him in it so I can’t comment.