A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If he comes to United, there should be three players that should come with him. Kane, Son, and N’Dombele. Maybe even Ali, Winks or Forsyth. These players amongst a few other share emotional feelings for Poch and they will jump at the chance to play under him again, especially as United can double their current salary easily.
:lol: Your manager has just won back to back games, and you still continue talking this absolute horseshit. So you get Poch and then Woody is willing to spend probably the guts of £400M for players. 2 of which have improved their form dramatically under a new manager? Literally pull your head out of your arsehole.

Last edited:

sport2793

:lol: You’re manager has just won back to back games, and you still continue talking this absolute horseshit. So you get Poch and then Woody is willing to spend probably the guts of £400M for players. 2 of which have improved their form dramatically under a new manager? Literally pull your head out of your arsehole.
Don't think I've seen another poster produce the sheer level of ineptitude as Amadeus.

Flexdegea

If he comes to United, there should be three players that should come with him. Kane, Son, and N’Dombele. Maybe even Ali, Winks or Forsyth. These players amongst a few other share emotional feelings for Poch and they will jump at the chance to play under him again, especially as United can double their current salary easily.

Surely this the post that proves you are a troll and you get your marching orders from the forum was talking absolute jibberish about Poch and more Poch :lol:

VJ1762

Arsenal fans on social media are weirdly confident that they are going to get Poch or Allegri. Do you guys really think there is a genuine possibility of that happening?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Arsenal fans on social media are weirdly confident that they are going to get Poch or Allegri. Do you guys really think there is a genuine possibility of that happening?
Now that the United fans are going Ole in, it seems likely.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
There is no way Ole goes anywhere any time soon, after this week's wins. So, either Poch shows an exemplary restrain (could turn into stupidity, to be fair, if he misses on good options while waiting) or he won't be coming to United this time around. Arsenal would be logical, but depends on whether Poch wants it and Arsenal wants him.

Despite him clearly being talented, I never fancied Poch that much, for United – I don't see him bringing our old glory back to United. I don't want him at Arsenal, either, however because that will very likely make Arsenal better and why would we want THAT :)

VJ1762

There is no way Ole goes anywhere any time soon, after this week's wins. So, either Poch shows an exemplary restrain (could turn into stupidity, to be fair, if he misses on good options while waiting) or he won't be coming to United this time around. Arsenal would be logical, but depends on whether Poch wants it and Arsenal wants him.

Despite him clearly being talented, I never fancied Poch that much, for United – I don't see him bringing our old glory back to United. I don't want him at Arsenal, either, however because that will very likely make Arsenal better and why would we want THAT :)
It's the inconsistency with Ole, man. If Poch goes and revitalises Arsenal and we come undone, what do we even do? I hope they stick with the Calvin Klein model for a little bit longer.

We should have evaluated Ole at the end of last season and then decided whether to appoint him as a permanent manager. 24 points from 16 games is just unacceptable.

crossy1686

career ending
Nope. They're not an elite club and they don't have the budget. Plus, Pochettino has already said he's going abroad next and Allegri already bombed his Arsenal interview before Emery was appointed, apparently he didn't speak enough English to be considered for the job, although his presentation was good apparently.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
It's the inconsistency with Ole, man. If Poch goes and revitalises Arsenal and we come undone, what do we even do? I hope they stick with the Calvin Klein model for a little bit longer.

We should have evaluated Ole at the end of last season and then decided whether to appoint him as a permanent manager. 24 points from 16 games is just unacceptable.
I hear you. I am not saying Ole is a sure thing, far from it, but having beaten both Mou at Spurs and Pep at City has certainly bought him time at least till Summer. If he manages to improve performance with weaker teams and achieve top 6, or even top 4 - he's here for the next season as well. Poch won't wait around that long.

My feelings towards Poch are a separate deal :)

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Allegri already bombed his Arsenal interview before Emery was appointed, apparently he didn't speak enough English to be considered for the job, although his presentation was good apparently.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol: Your manager has just won back to back games, and you still continue talking this absolute horseshit. So you get Poch and then Woody is willing to spend probably the guts of £400M for players. 2 of which have improved their form dramatically under a new manager? Literally pull your head out of your arsehole.
You are thinking in the moment and with a narrow perspective. I judge Ole based on more than two games. He went on a better run during the honeymoon period and I still don’t rate him that highly. Let see if he can change that by the end of the season and/or mid season. Poch is undoubtedly a manager that can rebuild United the right way as evidence with Spurs. You guys lucked out because you could have easily been at the level of Everton without Poch.

Also, I don’t believe Poch should bring in all those players. Just one or two. All managers beside Ole at United post Sir Alex Ferguson has brought in players that once played for them before and I will not be surprised if Pochettino does the same.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You are thinking in the moment and with a narrow perspective. I judge Ole based on more than two games. He went on a better run during the honeymoon period and I still don’t rate him that highly. Let see if he can change that by the end of the season and/or mid season. Poch is undoubtedly a manager that can rebuild United the right way as evidence with Spurs. You guys lucked out because you could have easily been at the level of Everton without Poch.

Also, I don’t believe Poch should bring in all those players. Just one or two. All managers beside Ole at United post Sir Alex Ferguson has brought in players that once played for them before and I will not be surprised if Pochettino does the same.
You are deliusuonal we were top 6 before Poch, you honestly just sound like an absolute moron. You think Poch would bring take Kane and Son both? In the same transfer window, seriously yes or no?

As for Ole, and your own club how about supporting them rather be than a football coach.

Amadaeus

You are deliusuonal we were top 6 before Poch, you honestly just sound like an absolute moron. You think Poch would bring take Kane and Son both? In the same transfer window, seriously yes or no?

As for Ole, and your own club how about supporting them rather be than a football coach.
:lol: top 6. Poch gave you constant champions league qualification and finalists on a shoe string budget less then West Ham so that you can build your fancy stadium.
Poch can bring one of those players to United. Both, it has not happened before in football so I don’t see it changing. Unless it is in a separate window. I do support the club and I give Ole chances as well, but he has not convinced me that he is worth taking on this rebuilding project yet. Poch on the other hand has an excellent record in this regard when you look at the team he built at Spurs with minuscule support from their board.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
:lol: top 6. Poch gave you constant champions league qualification and finalists on a shoe string budget less then West Ham so that you can build your fancy stadium.
Poch can bring one of those players to United. Both, it has not happened before in football so I don’t see it changing. Unless it is in a separate window. I do support the club and I give Ole chances as well, but he has not convinced me that he is worth taking on this rebuilding project yet. Poch on the other hand has an excellent record in this regard when you look at the team he built at Spurs with minuscule support from their board.
Klopp delivered two CL finals and one win for less than Pochettino. Looks like they will walk the league, too.

Good luck to whoever wants him - it sucks constantly losing the last hurdle all the time.

Amadaeus

Klopp delivered two CL finals and one win for less than Pochettino. Looks like they will walk the league, too.

Good luck to whoever wants him - it sucks constantly losing the last hurdle all the time.
Yea that is why Klopp is regarded the best manager in football. Pochettino accomplishments is not far of from Dortmund Klopp as he is doing it in a much more competitive league with fixtures pile up. Such intensity demanded by Poch and the amount of games played makes it harder for Spurs to be competitive in all front. Especially when his team had the squad depth of a league one side. Just like Liverpool intelligently saw Klopp potential with the limitations he had at Dortmund, other big club should be able to see Poch accomplishments with the limitations he had at Spurs. Pochettino was one dumb Sissoko penalty decision from completely smashing Klopp accomplishments at Dortmund.

VJ1762

Nope. They're not an elite club and they don't have the budget. Plus, Pochettino has already said he's going abroad next and Allegri already bombed his Arsenal interview before Emery was appointed, apparently he didn't speak enough English to be considered for the job, although his presentation was good apparently.
Do Arsenal even have english players in the squad? Mostly french, german and spanish, no?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Pochettino accomplishments is not far of from Dortmund Klopp as he is doing it in a much more competitive league with fixtures pile up.

Pochettino was one dumb Sissoko penalty decision from completely smashing Klopp accomplishments at Dortmund.
:lol:

Klopp won two league titles, three domestic cups, and lost a CL final all with Bayern.

Pochettino has won nothing as a manager. You're either fully committed to trolling, or completely cuckoo :houllier:

Amadaeus

:lol:

Klopp won two league titles, three domestic cups, and lost a CL final all with Bayern.

Pochettino has won nothing as a manager. You're either fully committed to trolling, or completely cuckoo :houllier:
The league is completely different. Is like saying Gerard won a domestic cup with Rangers so his accomplishments is much better than a manager who has revolutionized a club in a more competitive league where he took them to a champion league final and gave them consistent years of champions league football. The trophy argument with Poch is laughable at this state despite it being used to death by those who think he hasn’t accomplished much with Spurs. A club like Spurs before Poch was never expected to win titles, challenge for the league or get into the champions league as often as they. Especially without the backing of a board who wasn’t supportive of Pochettino Philosophy or sport science equipment.
Pochettino has smashed expectations with what he was giving at Spurs and as he stated, chapter 1 was successful completed. Chapter 2 was going to be another rebuild but this time with the aim of winning trophies due to changing your club expectations. However, he was not giving the time despite bringing a top player that would have not even thought about coming to Spurs without him in charge, as well as having conversations with several other top players. If Poch has his way and was able to push out the players he didn’t seem fit and was backed financially into buying a player like Dybala, the second chapter would have seen lots of trophies as indicated with his Audi cup win before the season started.

Regardless, I m not bothered with Spurs anymore and as United showedthey were not as potent in the attack when we typically meet you guys with Kane doing a great job disappearing against us and you guys only having one shot on target. Very sad that most Spurs fan went into hiding after that game :lol:

VJ1762

The league is completely different. Is like saying Gerard won a domestic cup with Rangers so his accomplishments is much better than a manager who has revolutionized a club in a more competitive league where he took them to a champion league final and gave them consistent years of champions league football. The trophy argument with Poch is laughable at this state despite it being used to death by those who think he hasn’t accomplished much with Spurs. A club like Spurs before Poch was never expected to win titles, challenge for the league or get into the champions league as often as they. Especially without the backing of a board who wasn’t supportive of Pochettino Philosophy or sport science equipment.
Pochettino has smashed expectations with what he was giving at Spurs and as he stated, chapter 1 was successful completed. Chapter 2 was going to be another rebuild but this time with the aim of winning trophies due to changing your club expectations. However, he was not giving the time despite bringing a top player that would have not even thought about coming to Spurs without him in charge, as well as having conversations with several other top players. If Poch has his way and was able to push out the players he didn’t seem fit and was backed financially into buying a player like Dybala, the second chapter would have seen lots of trophies as indicated with his Audi cup win before the season started.

Regardless, I m not bothered with Spurs anymore and as United showedthey were not as potent in the attack when we typically meet you guys with Kane doing a great job disappearing against us and you guys only having one shot on target. Very sad that most Spurs fan went into hiding after that game :lol:
Bro, I want Poch as our next manager, but you are writing english essays when you could just say Poch is a better manager than Ole and leave it at that. This 2 game streak has suddenly wiped our fans memories of a dreadful run since March. Do people realise that we have had our worst start in 30 years? The first step to being mediocre is accepting it. We are Manchester United and we need a better manager than Ole, period.

Suedesi

Del Bosque too. Obviously any examples of this highly rare thing are going to have to reach back a tad, but twice in 15 years at least shows precedent.
There's plenty of examples where winning coaches are dismissed - you could have said Juve with Allegri and Conte or Inter with Mancini. Madrid sacking Capello was no more scandalous than us firing LVG on the back of Wembley.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Those who think we should go for Poch or someone else, are asking for more turmoil.
No new manager will simply start winning every match.
They will have their own style, want their own players.

The board handicapped Ole by delaying their decisions this season.

Finally Ole has a team playing the way he wants it to.
We are still very thin. So if anything can be done in January, it will be most welcome.
Pogba is still to return.

crossy1686

career ending
Do Arsenal even have english players in the squad? Mostly french, german and spanish, no?
I think the issue and concern is communication with the board and other staff. Apparently during the interview his agent had to do most of the talking for him because his English was so poor.

VJ1762

Mourinho took the same squad Poch had and he has done so well.

Just because Poch has experience does not make him a better manager.

Our problems have always been a board that has lost the plot.
I think Mourinho is perfect for spurs because their attack was set, just lacked motivation and refused to play for the previous manager. We will have to see how their season shapes up. Burnley have also been poor this season.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think Mourinho is perfect for spurs because their attack was set, just lacked motivation and refused to play for the previous manager. We will have to see how their season shapes up. Burnley have also been poor this season.
I think the key feature is that we have very few (if any) disruptive personalities, yet still a lot of talent.

That will have thrown him off, in a good way

Gasolin

Bro, I want Poch as our next manager, but you are writing english essays when you could just say Poch is a better manager than Ole and leave it at that. This 2 game streak has suddenly wiped our fans memories of a dreadful run since March. Do people realise that we have had our worst start in 30 years? The first step to being mediocre is accepting it. We are Manchester United and we need a better manager than Ole, period.
And you're wrong, I like Ole's tactics much better than what Poch had ever tried to do even with Spurs. In fact, it's back to our roots, our identity, and it's the start of the 2008 team that we are going for, and I love that idea. I respect Ole for trying to do something as exceptional as that team.

We have the youngest squad ever and we are fixing problems one by one. It's going to come quick and fast.

90 + 5min

I don't know why you like to forget Tottenham teams before took over. He didn't take over some pub team. He took over internationals and lots of stars. He took over a club that was on way up with previous managers. He took over a attacking minded team that was fun to watch and a team that could win against anybody. Stop raising Poch to the sky and downgrading Tottenham before he came.

Look what he has won if you want to make him a top class manager? 0 trophies. Accomplished less than people think he has. Twice getting sacked (3 clubs).

VJ1762

And you're wrong, I like Ole's tactics much better than what Poch had ever tried to do even with Spurs. In fact, it's back to our roots, our identity, and it's the start of the 2008 team that we are going for, and I love that idea. I respect Ole for trying to do something as exceptional as that team.

We have the youngest squad ever and we are fixing problems one by one. It's going to come quick and fast.
I mean, none of our attackers are on the level of Rooney, ronaldo, tevez or berbatov. And our midfielders aren't great either, outside of Pogba

VJ1762

I think the key feature is that we have very few (if any) disruptive personalities, yet still a lot of talent.

That will have thrown him off, in a good way
Has danny rose played under Jose? Hope he googled Jose mourinho.