A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

macheda14

Off the back of a very good season under Koeman. All his 'development' is down to Poch though? A manager he didn't even want to renew for.

Spurs fans talking the most sense in this thread.
I wouldn’t say ‘didn’t want to renew for poch’, more didn’t want to renew for Spurs, was looking to leave and get higher wages, it’s not looking like those wages are forthcoming so he’s probably going to stay and not have to move his entire life.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree with @giorno our defence is good, most of the goals we’ve conceded this season are from

1. Set pieces
2. Individual mistakes/ De Gea errors

I think the main problem is we lack proper coaching and organisation, at times we just look all over the place defensively. There’s just no structure.
The point was, was it necessary to spend £130m on Maguire and AWB to set about improving the defense or would it have been sensible to go for Ibrahima Konate over Maguire and some one like Max Aarons over AWB. Konate IMO is comfortably better than Maguire and is already regarded by some regular observers of the German Bundesliga as being among the best CBs in the league.

I'm pretty confident we would've saved a substantial amount with Konate and Aarons.

But I wouldn't have signed a RB due to Ethan Laird showing enormous potential.

L1nk

The point was, was it necessary to spend £130m on Maguire and AWB to set about improving the defense or would it have been sensible to go for Ibrahima Konate over Maguire and some one like Max Aarons over AWB. Konate IMO is comfortably better than Maguire and is already regarded by some regular observers of the German Bundesliga as being among the best CBs in the league.

I'm pretty confident we would've saved a substantial amount with Konate and Aarons.

Hell, chuck in Ruben Dias as an alternative option that could have been to

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree with @giorno our defence is good, most of the goals we’ve conceded this season are from

1. Set pieces
2. Individual mistakes/ De Gea errors

I think the main problem is we lack proper coaching and organisation, at times we just look all over the place defensively. There’s just no structure.
The defence is fine. Have some reservations about Lindelof but I think with AWB, Williams, Shaw, Laird, Maguire, Tuanzebe we have plenty of good options. The issue is in midfield as we all know and the weakness here puts unnecessary pressure on them. No options when bringing the ball and trying to play from the back and no cover when under the cosh.

Sort that midfielder and the defence becomes even more solid imo.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Imagine if we went on Konate. I wonder who’s going to be our captain to replace Young. Glad that you are not our manager, if you do then you are making the same mistake that we did on Lindelof again for not signing an experienced centre back. At the end of the day we need experience one, Koulibaly would cost 130m and Maguire is our only choice. Aarons was/is not ready to play regular week in week out for the level of United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Imagine if we went on Konate. I wonder who’s going to be our captain to replace Young. Glad that you are not our manager, if you do then you are making the same mistake that we did on Lindelof again for not signing an experienced centre back. At the end of the day we need experience one, Koulibaly would cost 130m and Maguire is our only choice. Aarons was/is not ready to play regular week in week out for the level of United.
Maguire has never shown leadership qualities at Leicester according their fans. Konate has shown far more leadership at RB Leipzig in comparison and was the leading figure in the best defense in the Bundesliga last season.

What level isn't Aarons ready to play at? The current level at United is pretty low if you haven't noticed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Maguire has never shown leadership qualities at Leicester according their fans. Konate has shown far more leadership at RB Leipzig in comparison and was the leading figure in the best defense in the Bundesliga last season.

What level isn't Aarons ready to play at? The current level at United is pretty low if you haven't noticed.
I have seen enough this season that he showed more leadership than any of our centre back that we ever had since the era of Rio & Vidic.

Based on what that makes you think a 20 yo Konate has more leadership than Maguire other than untrustworthy statement "leading figure in the best defense"? Do you watch RB Leipzig week in week out?

What level? Relegation battle level that's what I call it. Just like Daniel James, Aaron is not ready to step up to play regular for us week in week out.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have seen enough this season that he showed more leadership than any of our centre back that we ever had since the era of Rio & Vidic.

Based on what that makes you think a 20 yo Konate has more leadership than Maguire other than untrustworthy statement "leading figure in the best defense"? Do you watch RB Leipzig week in week out?

What level? Relegation battle level that's what I call it. Just like Daniel James, Aaron is not ready to step up to play regular for us week in week out.
Define leadership to me as you seem to be a expert in it?

Based on Konate actually marshalling the best defense in the Bundesliga and leading by example. Maguire on the other hand wasn't even better than Johnny Evans last season according to Leicester fans. And yes I watched almost every game Konate played this season and around 50% last season and have created a thread discussing him.

If a fullback from Crystal Palace who was bought for his defensive game was deemed good enough to play at the level then the technically more proficient Aarons was also capable due to his attack minded approach.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Define leadership to me as you seem to be a expert in it?

Based on Konate actually marshalling the best defense in the Bundesliga and leading by example. Maguire on the other hand wasn't even better than Johnny Evans last season according to Leicester fans. And yes I watched almost every game Konate played this season and around 50% last season and have created a thread discussing him.

If a fullback from Crystal Palace who was bought for his defensive game was deemed good enough to play at the level then the technically more proficient Aarons was also capable due to his attack minded approach.
Leadership is leadership. The job is to lead his team on the pitch and set a good example how to act on and off the pitch, being better or worse as a player doesn’t make you the better leader. Why do you judge it based on performance?

If Konate joins us instead, do you think Ole will make him as our permanent captain right now after Young left?

Being technically more proficient doesn’t make him ready to jump from championship level to EPL level as a full back in overall. Dalot is being technically more proficient than Bissaka and we know who is currently the one more ready to be our regular right back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Leadership is leadership. The job is to lead his team on the pitch and set a good example how to act on and off the pitch, being better or worse as a player doesn’t make you the better leader. Why do you judge it based on performance?

If Konate joins us instead, do you think Ole will make him as our permanent captain right now after Young left?

Being technically more proficient doesn’t make him ready to jump from championship level to EPL level as a full back in overall. Dalot is being technically more proficient than Bissaka and we know who is currently the one more ready to be our regular right back.
Konate lead his team by example via his performances which garnered huge respect from his team mates. His communication with his backline also showed a maturity that belied his age which culminated in RBL having the best defense in the league. Konate has shown far more leadership than Maguire. Leicester City fans have said time and time again that Maguire was never a leader for them. Konate is also comfortably superior to Maguire in literally every facet of actually being a CB.

I couldn't care less if Ole didn't make Konate the captain. But I'm very confident our defense would be much stronger with Konate than Maguire. Konate is superior to Maguire at defending a highline due to his vastly superior athletic abilities. He's just as good aerially and is even better at bringing the ball out from defense.

Aaron's is a far superior defender than Dalot and has better acceleration. Dalot shouldn't be compared to Aaron's until he improves those facets of his game but he has time on his side. Aaron's has a much better allround game and would be our best attacking fullback imo.

But like I've said countless times. I wouldn't have bought a RB because we already have a big talent for the position already at the club in Ethan Laird.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Konate lead his team by example via his performances which garnered huge respect from his team mates. His communication with his backline also showed a maturity that belied his age which culminated in RBL having the best defense in the league. Konate has shown far more leadership than Maguire. Leicester City fans have said time and time again that Maguire was never a leader for them. Konate is also comfortably superior to Maguire in literally every facet of actually being a CB.

I couldn't care less if Ole didn't make Konate the captain. But I'm very confident our defense would be much stronger with Konate than Maguire. Konate is superior to Maguire at defending a highline due to his vastly superior athletic abilities. He's just as good aerially and is even better at bringing the ball out from defense.

Aaron's is a far superior defender than Dalot and has better acceleration. Dalot shouldn't be compared to Aaron's until he improves those facets of his game but he has time on his side. Aaron's has a much better allround game and would be our best attacking fullback imo.

But like I've said countless times. I wouldn't have bought a RB because we already have a big talent for the position already at the club in Ethan Laird.
So you trust Leicester fans rather than myself, managers who had worked with him and also his team mates who had worked with him on and off the pitch.

Puel said he’s a leader in Leicester, Ole appointed him as our captain even after half season only in here, his team mates praised his leadership. You couldn’t care less about all these because they don’t suit your argument, that‘s so pathetic, can’t accept reality.

We have the 2nd best in term of expected goals conceded (24.73) in the league right now with Liverpool is the only one above us. Last season we are on 8th spot (52.30) for the expected goals conceded. That should tell you how much improved we are in defense and also including how much more organised our defense is. Cut the individual silly errors from DDG and others, we could make much more clean sheets. So don’t talk nonsense that our defense would be much stronger with a teenager centre back who hasn’t even get his first international debut.

You are expecting us to sign a 19/20 years old full back to step up from championship level to a club that is expected to fight for top 4 in EPL and play him week in week out. And you think he’s ready, what makes you think that way? Look at Daniel James for example. And look at Sessegnon while you are at in, not even regular with Spurs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So you trust Leicester fans rather than myself, managers who had worked with him and also his team mates who had worked with him on and off the pitch.

Puel said he’s a leader in Leicester, Ole appointed him as our captain even after half season only in here, his team mates praised his leadership. You couldn’t care less about all these because they don’t suit your argument, that‘s so pathetic, can’t accept reality.

We have the 2nd best in term of expected goals conceded (24.73) in the league right now with Liverpool is the only one above us. Last season we are on 8th spot (52.30) for the expected goals conceded. That should tell you how much improved we are in defense and also including how much more organised our defense is. Cut the individual silly errors from DDG and others, we could make much more clean sheets. So don’t talk nonsense that our defense would be much stronger with a teenager centre back who hasn’t even get his first international debut.

You are expecting us to sign a 19/20 years old full back to step up from championship level to a club that is expected to fight for top 4 in EPL and play him week in week out. And you think he’s ready, what makes you think that way? Look at Daniel James for example. And look at Sessegnon while you are at in, not even regular with Spurs.
The most pedantic poster i've ever come across on here.

Fergie said Phil Jones was the next Duncan Edwards, did you lap that up like you've lapped up what Puel said? You're incredibly gullible if you fall for crap like that.

We have conceded almost twice the number of goals in comparison to Liverpool and should've quite easily conceded more in the league. That after spending £130m on the backline. Not sure what you're parroting on about goal expectancy etc.

Our defense would be stronger with Konate because he's comortably better than Maguire at litterally everything and it has nothing to do with his age. Is that difficult for you to understand? Below is Harry Maguire against Arsenal struggling.

The most expensive CB in the history of the game ladies and gentlemen.

I never said I expected us to sign a 19/20 year old fullback from the Championship. Stop making stuff up.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The most pedantic poster i've ever come across on here.

Fergie said Phil Jones was the next Duncan Edwards, did you lap that up like you've lapped up what Puel said? You're incredibly gullible if you fall for crap like that.

We have conceded almost twice the number of goals in comparison to Liverpool and should've quite easily conceded more in the league. That after spending £130m on the backline. Not sure what you're parroting on about goal expectancy etc.

Our defense would be stronger with Konate because he's comortably better than Maguire at litterally everything and it has nothing to do with his age. Is that difficult for you to understand? Below is Harry Maguire against Arsenal struggling.

The most expensive CB in the history of the game ladies and gentlemen.

I never said I expected us to sign a 19/20 year old fullback from the Championship. Stop making stuff up.
How is calling the next Duncan Edward has any relation to manager & players rate his leadership? One person who made prediction about player's ability that doesn't mean will ever happen with multiple people rate player's leadership not based on prediction but based on what had happened & their experienced. Do you even know what is leadership is? I don't think you do.

So you would rather believe in fans who have zero clue about the player himself, that's ridiculous. Let me give you an example of how ridiculous what you believe is, Arsenal fans never thought Arteta was a leader in their team as a player, ironically people who worked with him in the dressing room said he was a true leader in the dressing room. How do you know the player's leadership skills if you never work with him on & off the pitch?

Expected goal conceded or expected goal against means unlikely goals you will be conceded, it's a factor to show how solid the team's defense is. We are in 2nd place in this category. Only Liverpool is better than us. Are you trying to imply that a teenager 20 yo centre back who hasn't got a debut with his international team will make it better than Liverpool? If you are not implying that, means you either got no clue about what you watched and also the stats below or you are completely ignoring fact.

When we signed Bissaka, we expected him to play week in week out this season not just being squad player for rotation. Max Aarons was a 19 years old right back who played for championship, and you are the one who said we should sign him in the summer instead of Bissaka. Where is the making stuffs up in here?

ISMAIL-007

Any Spurs fans in here want their Poch back? Just curious how they're liking their new toy Mourinho...
Absolutely, apparently that marriage seem to have started heating up....expect it to turn into war zone with a couple of unimpressive results.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How is calling the next Duncan Edward has any relation to manager & players rate his leadership? One person who made prediction about player's ability that doesn't mean will ever happen with multiple people rate player's leadership not based on prediction but based on what had happened & their experienced. Do you even know what is leadership is? I don't think you do.

So you would rather believe in fans who have zero clue about the player himself, that's ridiculous. Let me give you an example of how ridiculous what you believe is, Arsenal fans never thought Arteta was a leader in their team as a player, ironically people who worked with him in the dressing room said he was a true leader in the dressing room. How do you know the player's leadership skills if you never work with him on & off the pitch?

Expected goal conceded or expected goal against means unlikely goals you will be conceded, it's a factor to show how solid the team's defense is. We are in 2nd place in this category. Only Liverpool is better than us. Are you trying to imply that a teenager 20 yo centre back who hasn't got a debut with his international team will make it better than Liverpool? If you are not implying that, means you either got no clue about what you watched and also the stats below or you are completely ignoring fact.

When we signed Bissaka, we expected him to play week in week out this season not just being squad player for rotation. Max Aarons was a 19 years old right back who played for championship, and you are the one who said we should sign him in the summer instead of Bissaka. Where is the making stuffs up in here?
I don't pay much attention to what managers say about their players because it's done for a purpose. And they're hardly gonna come out in public and criticise them. So I always expect managers to speak about their players in glowing terms.

Do I know what leadership is? Leadership can be interpreted in different ways. In a CB, leadership could be interpreted as someone who organises the defense and is vocal. Konate at the age of 20 has shown that in the Bundesliga and is already a leader but also has the talent to back it up.

It's abit ignorant to say the Leicester fans have 'zero clue' about the player, don't you think?

Which Arsenal fans said Arteta was never a leader? The Leicester fans who said Maguire wasn't a leader are on this forum and could be tagged in this conversation. I personally don't know much about Arteta and his time at Arsenal and frankly I don't care because leadership isn't a criteria I pay too much attention to.

Our defense is far from solid when you take into consideration how much has been spent on it. The eye test is more than sufficient to tell us that, for the money spent our defense is worse than Leicester's. I couldn't care less about about expectant goal stats because the EPL table shows we have a worse defense than the team we bought our 'supposed leader' from for a world record fee. I guess the true leader in the Leicester defense was Johnny Evans?

I'm not sure why you're so hung up on Konate's age. At 19 he was considered by many to be among the best CBs in the Bundesliga from what he showed last season. He absolutely pocketed Lewandowski and physically bullied him in one game in particular which should tell you alot about how talented he is as CB. Bayern at the time were unbeaten for 4 months too. Konate marshalled a defense that was the best in the entire Bundesliga.

Konate not getting into the French NT as yet shouldn't be seen as a sleight on the powerful 20 year old CB due to the abundance of riches Deschamps has at his disposable. Maguire at 27 I don't believe would make that squad either.

I never said we should sign Aarons. What I have always maintained is that we should prioritise the development of Ethan Laird who has immense potential. And if we were gonna sign a RB, then I'd rather see us sign someone like Aaron's due to him being a better footballer from a technical view point compared to AWB.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't pay much attention to what managers say about their players because it's done for a purpose. And they're hardly gonna come out in public and criticise them. So I always expect managers to speak about their players in glowing terms.

Do I know what leadership is? Leadership can be interpreted in different ways. In a CB, leadership could be interpreted as someone who organises the defense and is vocal. Konate at the age of 20 has shown that in the Bundesliga and is already a leader but also has the talent to back it up.

It's abit ignorant to say the Leicester fans have 'zero clue' about the player, don't you think?

Which Arsenal fans said Arteta was never a leader? The Leicester fans who said Maguire wasn't a leader are on this forum and could be tagged in this conversation. I personally don't know much about Arteta and his time at Arsenal and frankly I don't care because leadership isn't a criteria I pay too much attention to.

Our defense is far from solid when you take into consideration how much has been spent on it. The eye test is more than sufficient to tell us that, for the money spent our defense is worse than Leicester's. I couldn't care less about about expectant goal stats because the EPL table shows we have a worse defense than the team we bought our 'supposed leader' from for a world record fee. I guess the true leader in the Leicester defense was Johnny Evans?

I'm not sure why you're so hung up on Konate's age. At 19 he was considered by many to be among the best CBs in the Bundesliga from what he showed last season. He absolutely pocketed Lewandowski and physically bullied him in one game in particular which should tell you alot about how talented he is as CB. Bayern at the time were unbeaten for 4 months too. Konate marshalled a defense that was the best in the entire Bundesliga.

Konate not getting into the French NT as yet shouldn't be seen as a sleight on the powerful 20 year old CB due to the abundance of riches Deschamps has at his disposable. Maguire at 27 I don't believe would make that squad either.

I never said we should sign Aarons. What I have always maintained is that we should prioritise the development of Ethan Laird who has immense potential. And if we were gonna sign a RB, then I'd rather see us sign someone like Aaron's due to him being a better footballer from a technical view point compared to AWB.
Don’t try to twist this mate, I said Arsenal never thought about it means they never expect he was a true leader in Arsenal dressing room as a player, different to they said he was never a leader. AFTV Robbie and others mentioned that they were surprised that Arteta is a true leader, not only that, a lot of Arsenal fans also had doubt with the idea of the manager’s appointment. In order word, the fans had no clue what sort of leader, player and coach Arteta is.

I don’t just say Leicester fans. I said fans can’t judge completely the player’s leadership quality. We measure it based on on and off the pitch and also training. Manager and team mates know more than fans for this attribute.

You couldn’t care less because it doesn’t suit your argument. I have just showed you that we have the 2nd best expected goals conceded/against. It determines whether the team’s defensively is solid or no, why are you in denial on this? The fact that it shows us to be in 2nd for that aspect means we have improved in defensively and much more organised than what you thought in defense, why can you not understand this?

EPL table only shows number of conceded goals, we are only 5 goals more in term of conceded goals and you are ignoring how are those 5 goals we conceded due to some stupid individual error. Is it Maguire’s leadership issue that individual player making silly error like De Gea couldn’t catch a simple ball against Watford? Not even a 20 years old Konate can do anything on that.

You need to understand that we need a regular right back, thus why we signed Bissaka not Aaron. Bissaka is much more ready to play regular.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Would not be surprised if he turns us down.

No top manager is coming here without some serious assurances about what is going on with the footballing structure, and the promise of a budget.

This is I believe one of the reasons we appointed Ole, as he had very little leverage to make any such demands. Poch does and I fear we won't agree to them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don’t just say Leicester fans. I said fans can’t judge completely the player’s leadership quality. We measure it based on on and off the pitch and also training. Manager and team mates know more than fans for this attribute.

You couldn’t care less because it doesn’t suit your argument. I have just showed you that we have the 2nd best expected goals conceded/against. It determines whether the team’s defensively is solid or no, why are you in denial on this? The fact that it shows us to be in 2nd for that aspect means we have improved in defensively and much more organised than what you thought in defense, why can you not understand this?

EPL table only shows number of conceded goals, we are only 5 goals more in term of conceded goals and you are ignoring how are those 5 goals we conceded due to some stupid individual error. Is it Maguire’s leadership issue that individual player making silly error like De Gea couldn’t catch a simple ball against Watford? Not even a 20 years old Konate can do anything on that.

You need to understand that we need a regular right back, thus why we signed Bissaka not Aaron. Bissaka is much more ready to play regular.
The Leicester fans were correct because Puel had Wes Morgan as the captain and he was considered the most influential player on and off the pitch. Kasper Schmeichel was the vice captain and considered next in line due to his influence on and off the pitch. Brendan Rodgers also had Wes Morgan and kasper Schmeichel as the two standout candidates for the captaincy and not Maguire. Maguire was less influential than both Wes Morgan and Kasper Schmeichel and wasn't even considered on par with either when Rodgers took over. And I agree that both Puel and Rodgers know more than us fans and I'm in complete agreement with them that Morgan and Schmeichel were the two best candidates for being Captain due to their leadership. Maguire wasn't even in the picture.

What on earth does us having the 'second best expected goals conceded' mean? Is that a stat that is predicting the future via a computer database? I couldn't care less about such useless stats and I've always stayed consistent in that regard and I'm not changing my argument because to do that, I'd have to be inconsistent.

You keep bringing Konate's age up to belittle him. But I'll let the players talent do the talking below.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The Leicester fans were correct because Puel had Wes Morgan as the captain and he was considered the most influential player on and off the pitch. Kasper Schmeichel was the vice captain and considered next in line due to his influence on and off the pitch. Brendan Rodgers also had Wes Morgan and kasper Schmeichel as the two standout candidates for the captaincy and not Maguire. Maguire was less influential than both Wes Morgan and Kasper Schmeichel and wasn't even considered on par with either when Rodgers took over. And I agree that both Puel and Rodgers know more than us fans and I'm in complete agreement with them that Morgan and Schmeichel were the two best candidates for being Captain due to their leadership. Maguire wasn't even in the picture.

What on earth does us having the 'second best expected goals conceded' mean? Is that a stat that is predicting the future via a computer database? I couldn't care less about such useless stats and I've always stayed consistent in that regard and I'm not changing my argument because to do that, I'd have to be inconsistent.

You keep bringing Konate's age up to belittle him. But I'll let the players talent do the talking below.

Both Morgan and Kasper had been the captain of the club before Maguire even joined, they are also suitable as candidate to be captain as they had been in the club longer, doesn’t make Maguire lacks of leadership. Fact is that Morgan rarely even play week in week out last season and still show that he has leadership. This is basically show that you cannot judge player’s leadership based on performance, you need to look at many things on and off the pitch which something fans can’t measure. Not sure what you are arguing here, it’s just weakening your argument because you have been blabbering about ‘’leadership’’ based on “performance”.

I have just told you it twice before, what is “expected goals concede means”. Do you read?

You call it useless stats for what reason? Is it because it’s against your biased statement? If a team can maintain and organise the defense that makes opposition team to struggle to create chances to score goals, then what do you call that? Useless?

If a team conceded because individual stupid mistake like DDG can’t catch a ball against Watford, how Is it fair to judge the defense when something shit like that happened? What makes you a 20 years old Konate can do to DDG’s error.

If you don’t care about a good stats that I provided you, why do I have to care about about what you think?

I keep bring up his age because we needed experienced ball playing centre back in the summer. Not another teen centre back playing next to Tuanzebe, Lindelof & Bailly. I‘m not the only one who said this, two managers Ole & Mourinho had the same idea, that we needed experienced one to play next to one of those three. You failed to identify what we required mate. I can give you video of Tuanzebe tamed the prime Alexis Sanchez to tell you we already have good Young centre back.

Never mind about making our defense better this season. Can he even stay fit to make our defense better, the guy had only played 5 league games this season. Probably not.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Both Morgan and Kasper had been the captain of the club before Maguire even joined, they are also suitable as candidate to be captain as they had been in the club longer, doesn’t make Maguire lacks of leadership. Fact is that Morgan rarely even play week in week out last season and still show that he has leadership. This is basically show that you cannot judge player’s leadership based on performance, you need to look at many things on and off the pitch which something fans can’t measure. Not sure what you are arguing here, it’s just weakening your argument because you have been blabbering about ‘’leadership’’ based on “performance”.

I have just told you it twice before, what is “expected goals concede means”. Do you read?

You call it useless stats for what reason? Is it because it’s against your biased statement? If a team can maintain and organise the defense that makes opposition team to struggle to create chances to score goals, then what do you call that? Useless?

If a team conceded because individual stupid mistake like DDG can’t catch a ball against Watford, how Is it fair to judge the defense when something shit like that happened? What makes you a 20 years old Konate can do to DDG’s error.

If you don’t care about a good stats that I provided you, why do I have to care about about what you think?

I keep bring up his age because we needed experienced ball playing centre back in the summer. Not another teen centre back playing next to Tuanzebe, Lindelof & Bailly. I‘m not the only one who said this, two managers Ole & Mourinho had the same idea, that we needed experienced one to play next to one of those three. You failed to identify what we required mate. I can give you video of Tuanzebe tamed the prime Alexis Sanchez to tell you we already have good Young centre back.

Never mind about making our defense better this season. Can he even stay fit to make our defense better, the guy had only played 5 league games this season. Probably not.
If Schmeichel and Morgan were given the captaincy due to seniority then why has Ole given the captaincy to Maguire over De Gea and Pogba? pogba is far more influential in comparison to Maguire on and off the pitch. Why did Rodgers not consider Maguire when he joined Leicester?

I keep telling you don't throw silly stats at me when the EPL table and the eye test is more than enough for me to form my opinion. And you can use De Gea's errors all you like but don't forget we could've easily conceded 6 goals at Anfield, Chelsea had chances to score at least 2 goals at OT, Arsenal could've and should've scored more against us too and I can give you more examples.

You can show me a video of Tuanzebe playing RightBack against Arsenal in a game where Mourinho rested most of the team to concentrate on the Europa League. That doesn't help your argument against Konate who was the key man and ever present in the Bundesliga marshalling the best defense in the league in which he was described as being among the best in the league. The point is that Konate has already shown a level at 20 that Maguire never did at 27. So signing Maguire for £80m was utter lunacy because he was never more than above average. Showing me a video of a bit part player playing RightBack isn't gonna help you here and isn't gonna make Maguire better than above average.

If you don't care about what I think, don't respond to me. It was you who initiated this discussion and believe me i'd never initiate a discussion with you because i've read your discussions with other caf members and them poor feckers were banging their heads against the wall with you.

Konate suffered a bad injury in October and has missed a number of games this season. But apart from that he barely ever missed a game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If Schmeichel and Morgan were given the captaincy due to seniority then why has Ole given the captaincy to Maguire over De Gea and Pogba? pogba is far more influential in comparison to Maguire on and off the pitch. Why did Rodgers not consider Maguire when he joined Leicester?

I keep telling you don't throw silly stats at me when the EPL table and the eye test is more than enough for me to form my opinion. And you can use De Gea's errors all you like but don't forget we could've easily conceded 6 goals at Anfield, Chelsea had chances to score at least 2 goals at OT, Arsenal could've and should've scored more against us too and I can give you more examples.

You can show me a video of Tuanzebe playing RightBack against Arsenal in a game where Mourinho rested most of the team to concentrate on the Europa League. That doesn't help your argument against Konate who was the key man and ever present in the Bundesliga marshalling the best defense in the league in which he was described as being among the best in the league. The point is that Konate has already shown a level at 20 that Maguire never did at 27. So signing Maguire for £80m was utter lunacy because he was never more than above average. Showing me a video of a bit part player playing RightBack isn't gonna help you here and isn't gonna make Maguire better than above average.

If you don't care about what I think, don't respond to me. It was you who initiated this discussion and believe me i'd never initiate a discussion with you because i've read your discussions with other caf members and them poor feckers were banging their heads against the wall with you.

Konate suffered a bad injury in October and has missed a number of games this season. But apart from that he barely ever missed a game.
Not sure when did I say only due to seniority? I added one thing but you ignore the whole thing.

Sums up the issue about you. Unable to read, ignoring the whole thing I said while twist it to suit your argument, refuse to accept good logic and stats for absolutely no reason because it doesn’t suit your argument and can’t see the whole point I have been trying to tell you.

What’s the point discussing it if I’m talking to someone who doesn’t care about people’s opinion because it doesn’t suit your own argument, instead of trying to prove the stats wrong, all you do is avoid it by saying “i don’t care”? That’s pathetic and lazy way to argue to others, waste of time and beside the thread itself is about Pochettino, I’ll stop here.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not sure when did I said only due to seniority? I added one thing but you ignore the whole thing.

Sums up the issue about you here. Unable to read, ignoring the whole thing I said while twist it to suit your argument, refuse to accept good logic and stats for absolutely no reason because it doesn’t suit your argument and can’t see the whole point I have been trying to tell you.
I have no problem with you having a opinion but mine is different to yours and we should amicably agree to disagree and move on because this thread has now been derailed. I also apologise if I came across as being a little harsh on you.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
have no problem with you having a opinion but mine is different to yours and we should amicably agree to disagree and move on because this thread has now been derailed. I also apologise if I came across as being a little harsh on you.
Different or not. What you have been doing is lazy argument “I don’t care”, you bored me. If you disagree try to prove it wrong not try to avoid it. The stats is real not fake. It’s not hard to understand “expected goal against’’ means. Come on, you lived in UK, surely you know what it means and you should know why it relates to defense.

Greck

Southgate is in line, not Poch

Probably just on an interim. If the reported conditions for Poch's compensation by Spurs are true then it will be stupid not to wait till the season's end. Am betiing both nuts on Poch in the summer if Ole is sacked

dove

Southgate is in line, not Poch

Would rather give Ole a lifetime contract ( and I really can’t stand seeing Ole as our manager) than Southgate. But I think it can happen, we have a talent in picking wrong managers.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
So if the rumors are true about Poch not being able to sign with another PL club right now due to some agreement with Spurs, when’s the earliest he can take another PL job? The day after the season ends?

L1nk

This club should genuinely, and I mean genuinely just liquidate if we hire Gareth pissing Southgate over any other manager, i'd rather just keep Solskjaer if that was the case. Pochettino is right there for starters, amongst a million other candidates you can at least sound out before you land on Gareth pissing Southgate. My god this club

Black.Ghost

Southgate can stay England manager, I don’t want him at Utd. Ole til the summer and then Poch is most likely I suspect. I’d also rather Ole stay than bring Southgate in.

Fridge chutney

When you share lower league tweets they’re only (or mostly) confirmations of signings. Yet you share a daily mail rumour when it comes to United. Why not uphold your prestige?
I have a 99% accuracy rate of transfer tweets. This is by far the highest on the caf.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Any Spurs fans in here want their Poch back? Just curious how they're liking their new toy Mourinho...
Far to soon to tell from Jose, probably our best performance against Southampton, in the first half anyway just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. I would say the majority of Spurs fans do miss Poch, there is a genuine heart to the man that is lacking in a lot of football today.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
So if the rumors are true about Poch not being able to sign with another PL club right now due to some agreement with Spurs, when’s the earliest he can take another PL job? The day after the season ends?
The reported deal is not that he can't take another PL job before the season ends. Instead it's that he'd have to repay Spurs a large sum of money that he got for contract termination compensation - which in practice would mean that any PL club that he joined would have to pay this money.

redshaw

Some links doing the rounds of Poch going to Atletico.

Could be a really good fit and change from the premier league, a top club that can spend sometimes and has a young player in Felix he can help bring on like Kane. Only downside is you're up against the big two.

I'd hope we're looking at Poch or someone for the job next season but increasingly feel the club might stick with Ole and will be out of sync again when letting him go and possibly Poch might not be as interested. Would be typical of us to come in late near the end of the season and his move elsewhere is already done and dusted.