A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
:lol: Nah, but it is a great move for Pochettino. At PSG, he will get to coach elite talent. Something that he would have never gotten at Spurs. I just hope that it won't mean that it will take United longer to get back on top. It will be more disappointing if we don't get Nagelsmann now.
So Kane is not elite talent?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So Kane is not elite talent?
Pochettino developed him. What i was referencing toward is multiple elite talent with high profiles. If Kane didn't come from your academy, there is no way he would consider moving to a club like Spurs. Top talent would move to psg because they are in that bracket of world class club. Pochettino did make Spurs more relevant, but you don't see the likes of elite talent going there. Pochettino did good enough to make Mourinho consider managing there, but Spurs isn't at the level of PSG.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Pochettino developed him. What i was referencing toward is multiple elite talent with high profiles. If Kane didn't come from your academy, there is no way he would consider moving to a club like Spurs. Top talent would move to psg because they are in that bracket of world class club. Pochettino did make Spurs more relevant, but you don't see the likes of elite talent going there. Pochettino did good enough to make Mourinho consider managing there, but Spurs isn't at the level of PSG.
Man of course were not, Kane did come through our club, you talk in what ifs and maybes. This must be your worst Christmas ever!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
:lol: Nah, but it is a great move for Pochettino. At PSG, he will get to coach elite talent. Something that he would have never gotten at Spurs. I just hope that it won't mean that it will take United longer to get back on top. It will be more disappointing if we don't get Nagelsmann now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochettino was my first choice and Nagelsmann is my second choice in the scenario we sack Ole. If United loose out on both of these top managers, for Ole only to fail in his tenure here will be devastating. Other options like Rose and Hasenhult may work out, but I do not have as much faith in them as I do with Pochettino and Nagelsmann.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Pochettino was my first choice and Nagelsmann is my second choice in the scenario we sack Ole. If United loose out on both of these top managers, for Ole only to fail in his tenure here will be devastating. Other options like Rose and Hasenhult may work out, but I do not have as much faith in them as I do with Pochettino and Nagelsmann.
How about as a United supporter, backing Ole?

Amadaeus

How about as a United supporter, backing Ole?
We already given Ole the benefit of the doubt last season after coming out trophy less and finishing with around the same point tally that got Moyes sacked. This season he has to showcase better results. So far he hasn't accomplished anything as significant as Jose or Lvg, so this is definitely a big season for him. He has a great squad to accomplish significant things, so the onus is on him to get it done. With an elite manager, we will be playing better football and still be in the champion league. The standard here are different than the standard at Spurs, so perhaps you don't understand :lol:

NinjaFletch

We already given Ole the benefit of the doubt last season after coming out trophy less and finishing with around the same point tally that got Moyes sacked. This season he has to showcase better results. So far he hasn't accomplished anything as significant as Jose or Lvg, so this is definitely a big season for him. He has a great squad to accomplish significant things, so the onus is on him to get it done. With an elite manager, we will be playing better football and still be in the champion league. The standard here are different than the standard at Spurs, so perhaps you don't understand :lol:
Or third, as people without stupid agendas would tend to write it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No man, you back your team and don't back agendas. With an "elite manager" you will have the same problems you have had, a board unwilling to follow through. I understand how to support a club, something you seem to mention much in any of your posts mate.

Amadaeus

No man, you back your team and don't back agendas. With an "elite manager" you will have the same problems you have had, a board unwilling to follow through. I understand how to support a club, something you seem to mention much in any of your posts mate.
This board has given us the third most expensive squad in football. If they have followed through as you suggested we will be first. Weird argument that. United manager had been backed heavily and data points that out. If you want to argue that point, I will just direct you to the we have been backed thread on here and not waste my time. :lol: You understand how to support a small club in comparison to a big club like United. A big club has ambition. These ambition are trophies and consistently being on top of Europe. If Ole don't meet those expectations, it is hard to back him. So far, he has not, which is why I stated that this is a big season for him

NinjaFletch

Saying Third wont indicate how poor we really were.. What does third place give? Champion league place....but this season we are back in Europa league. Unfortunate scenario, but not surprised that things adjusted itself in the end.
We played the same teams as every other team in the league and had the third highest point total. Any attempt to pretend otherwise is utter stupidity.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
This board has given us the third most expensive squad in football. If they have followed through as you suggested we will be first. Weird argument that. United manager had been backed heavily and data points that out. If you want to argue that point, I will just direct you to the we have been backed thread on here and not waste my time. :lol: You understand how to support a small club in comparison to a big club like United. A big club has ambition. These ambition are trophies and consistently being on top of Europe. If Ole don't meet those expectations, it is hard to back him. So far, he has not, which is why I stated that this is a big season for him
Take a look at Klopps comments on your board :lol:. Supporting a big team, or a Sunday league team is no different, you simply seek glory without seeing the bigger picture.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Top talent move to PSG mainly because of the sky-high wages they pay, and also because they are guaranteed CL football every season thanks to the inferior, one-horse league that PSG play in.

PSG would merely be a contender for top 4 in the Prem - and very possibly finish outside top 4. If that makes them a "world-class club" in your eyes then so be it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Top talent move to PSG mainly because of the sky-high wages they pay, and also because they are guaranteed CL football every season thanks to the inferior, one-horse league that PSG play in.

PSG would merely be a contender for top 4 in the Prem - and very possibly finish outside top 4. If that makes them a "world-class club" in your eyes then so be it.
That's a very bold statement, but then again though, we could read here that Thiago Silva wouldn't make it in PL because of it's superior intensity and everyone can see what happens at Chelsea. Same goes for Cavani who's clearly doing well (remember that it's players that we chose not to keep in the 1st place). Stop overselling your league and make it sound as if it's a different sport. It's clearly better but not THAT much better.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That's a very bold statement, but then again though, we could read here that Thiago Silva wouldn't make it in PL because of it's superior intensity and everyone can see what happens at Chelsea. Same goes for Cavani who's clearly doing well (remember that it's players that we chose not to keep in the 1st place). Stop overselling your league and make it sound as if it's a different sport. It's clearly better but not THAT much better.
It's not that bold. To finish top 4, would PSG in the Prem fare better than all of Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs (not to mention United, Leicester and others)? I'm doubtful that they would, apart from perhaps occasionally.

saivet

I think he will lose them both. Not sure why they will want to stay for another few years.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

I think he will lose them both. Not sure why they will want to stay for another few years.
A shot at the champion's league every year, an ambitious club with young talented players, good wage, ambitious coach, other clubs with a significant rebuilding task (especially Real Madrid)...

Believe it or not, some players do feel good at PSG and not only because of the money they get.

saivet

A shot at the champion's league every year, an ambitious club with young talented players, good wage, ambitious coach, other clubs with a significant rebuilding task (especially Real Madrid)...

Believe it or not, some players do feel good at PSG and not only because of the money they get.
There have been suggestions that Mbappe wasn't to leave PSG in the next year or two and Neymar has already tried to leave before. I'm sure there are many players who would love to go there but I have doubts over whether those two will want to stay for the forseeable future.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Who will Pochettino sign as his target man? He always has one in his team and I'm pretty sure Mbappe, Neymar nor Icardi will be the central player once he has settled in as the manager for a while.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Who will Pochettino sign as his target man? He always has one in his team and I'm pretty sure Mbappe, Neymar nor Icardi will be the central player once he has settled in as the manager for a while.
PSG can't afford any high profile player atm so we'd have to sell to get one. I wouldn't say no to Kane but it doesn't seem doable any time soon since the owners wants to extend Mbappe's and Neymar's contracts.

Also, Neymar has to be his main player if he's in a team, he's just too good if used properly and i showed at a young age with Brazil that he can carry a team.

sugar_kane

I have a weird feeling it's going to be a bit of a car crash for Poch at PSG, either that or just very underwhelming.

I like Poch (although I'm not an obsessive, and count myself as a strong Ole inner) so won't enjoy it if he struggles, but I'm not sure if he's the right sort of personality to manage that particular group of players.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's not that bold. To finish top 4, would PSG in the Prem fare better than all of Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs (not to mention United, Leicester and others)? I'm doubtful that they would, apart from perhaps occasionally.
Yeah, just like Bayern Munich :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glaston has spoken! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: