A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So is everyone who wants this to happen expected to hope Ole doesn't have a late season revival and get us top 4? because that's how we work isn't it (only really acting in positions of weakness.)
Ed seems to be a main member of the so called Ole in brigade, so perhaps he will give him even more chances to prove his worth, but in the end it's a positive thing we are heavily linked with Pochettino. It creates healthy pressure and some serious option to consider if we'll get relegated.

C'est Moi Cantona

Ed seems to be a main member of the so called Ole in brigade, so perhaps he will give him even more chances to prove his worth, but in the end it's a positive thing we are heavily linked with Pochettino. It creates healthy pressure and some serious option to consider if we'll get relegated.
And I was just thinking finishing outside the top 4 would be enough to see a change happen!

Personally I'm still hoping Ed's job is on the line of Ole fails, Ole's time here wouldn't have been wasted if so.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
And I was just thinking finishing outside the top 4 would be enough to see a change happen!

Personally I'm still hoping Ed's job is on the line of Ole fails, Ole's time here wouldn't have been wasted if so.
Ole already is a truly lucky chap after not being sacked near christmas. Perhaps Ed could be held accountable for something, but he can perform so many PR maneuvers it's unreal if you think about it. He can offer Poch as a solution and get the applause for solving a problem he created in the first place, he also can keep Ole and bring Sancho to prove he's capable of supporting his manager.

He can do so many things and get away with it and managers definitely don't have such immunity and at some point I think Ole will be sacked in the end.

Okey

I have a sneaky feeling Ole won't be sacked per se, if we appoint Poch. I see him being moved to DoF, satisfying that other position we've been desiring. Lots of clubs have appointed ex players without any other specific qualification or experience to that post. Keeps the whole club DNA thing going as well. So long as the 2 men agree to work together of course. As to whether or works out going forward, that's a 50-50 thing. Hopefully it does...

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
What would make you think he is more ambitious chief? I mean I thought all managers want to win everything. Was poch like "yeah 4th is good, then we'll start our holidays early..."
Ambitious managers count winning things as a tax of utmost importance. They don't pass up winning a cup in preference of participation places in Europe. Pochetino wasn't too fussed about winning things. That stance eventually caught up with him at Spurs and led to his inevitable departure.

Greck

I have a sneaky feeling Ole won't be sacked per se, if we appoint Poch. I see him being moved to DoF, satisfying that other position we've been desiring. Lots of clubs have appointed ex players without any other specific qualification or experience to that post. Keeps the whole club DNA thing going as well. So long as the 2 men agree to work together of course. As to whether or works out going forward, that's a 50-50 thing. Hopefully it does...
Wishful thinking as Poch will have asked how much control he would get as manager. He likely won't be pleased with this idea unless we keep it secret till he's signed on the dotted line. I also don't think Ed will want to look him in the eye so soon after a ruthless devastating sack

Chairman Steve

I really don't see OGS being moved into a DoF role. Woodward seems too much of an egomaniac to relinquish power that fuels his fantasy dream of being the new Adriano Galliani and therefore won't appoint someone or some people to act as a go-between for board and football team.

Just got to hope the dozen or so people at the club, who have some variation of the title 'head scout' (Bout, Lawlor, Murtough etc) have got a brain among them to influence him.

lex talionis

I recommend we not get our hopes up too high if we do bring in Pochettino. It may be worth a punt on him at the end of the season, but there's nothing in his resume to suggest he's capable of managing of club of United's stature or bringing trophies.

I'd much rather go with a proven winner at a top club rather than a manager who has done well to punch above his weight before being sacked due to dismal performances by what is by all accounts a rather impressive squad.

macheda14

I recommend we not get our hopes up too high if we do bring in Pochettino. It may be worth a punt on him at the end of the season, but there's nothing in his resume to suggest he's capable of managing of club of United's stature or bringing trophies.

I'd much rather go with a proven winner at a top club rather than a manager who has done well to punch above his weight before being sacked due to dismal performances by what is by all accounts a rather impressive squad.
Ok who? Who realistically (the operative word here) fits your profile?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As much as I like Poch, I'd rather do something new and interesting like get Nagelsmann, but the timing isn't right. Is it worth sticking with Ole until he wants to leave Leipzig? Not really.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As much as I like Poch, I'd rather do something new and interesting like get Nagelsmann, but the timing isn't right. Is it worth sticking with Ole until he wants to leave Leipzig? Not really.
I feel like getting a manager who is generally liked and respected by the dressing room is a new idea for us anyway :lol:

redshaw

I don't see Ole accepting a DOF role as he's been a manager for 10 years and probably hopes a reasonable stint here will help him get a job elsewhere, more so outside of England. I know Molde have done better since he's gone.

mu4c_20le

I don't see Ole accepting a DOF role as he's been a manager for 10 years and probably hopes a reasonable stint here will help him get a job elsewhere, more so outside of England. I know Molde have done better since he's gone.
Let's take a closer look at this myth. When Ole returned to Molde for his second spell, they were in 7th. He slowly brought them back up the table and left them in 2nd before taking the United job, and then his caretaker won it with his team. The guy Ole replaced lasted a year and a half, he had taken over Ole's title winning team in 2014 and continued to win the league, then fell apart in his second season let Rosenborg dominate again for a few years before Ole returned. So this whole notion of Ole holding the team back and them being much better after he left, is absolute nonsense.

Greck

If we do get Poch, I'm guessing Carrick, Phelan and McKenna will be on their way out again.
If they're the ones responsible for the kick and rush football we're serving weekly I hope they're shot out of Carrington with a canon

redshaw

Let's take a closer look at this myth. When Ole returned to Molde for his second spell, they were in 7th. He slowly brought them back up the table and left them in 2nd before taking the United job, and then his caretaker won it with his team. The guy Ole replaced lasted a year and a half, he had taken over Ole's title winning team in 2014 and continued to win the league, then fell apart in his second season let Rosenborg dominate again for a few years before Ole returned. So this whole notion of Ole holding the team back and them being much better after he left, is absolute nonsense.
That's what I mean. He's done some good there recently and in the past and will want to continue to be a manager at some level, he also did a good job in a tough Europa group with Molde. I mentioned that I'm aware of the improvement of Molde as I knew someone would quote me saying Molde have improved since he's gone and he can't go back there and is finished or something. I don't think he is and will want to manage somewhere else I'm sure. Even a short term DOF role could make it difficult to return to full management.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Someone like Jose or LVG who has won trophies every where.

mu4c_20le

I don't think he is and will want to manage somewhere else I'm sure. Even a short term DOF role could make it difficult to return to full management.
Yeah he's not going back to Molde unless they fall into crisis again, but I can't see him jumping into another job straight away either. It's either DoF or sabbatical, imo.

Okey

Wishful thinking as Poch will have asked how much control he would get as manager. He likely won't be pleased with this idea unless we keep it secret till he's signed on the dotted line. I also don't think Ed will want to look him in the eye so soon after a ruthless devastating sack
Well, it's just a sneaky feeling so might well be wishful thinking. But none of us has any idea what Poch would want. He may like it and he may not. We're all just postulating. Come summer, we'll see... We all want the same thing as fans (I hope), that the club gets on an upward trajectory again, back to where we belong.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Ambitious managers count winning things as a tax of utmost importance. They don't pass up winning a cup in preference of participation places in Europe. Pochetino wasn't too fussed about winning things. That stance eventually caught up with him at Spurs and led to his inevitable departure.
Because of the need to fund the new stadium he was given - and accepted - a brief from Levy that prioritised maximising the club's income via achieving qualification for the CL, whilst at the same time offered only a restricted budget for signing new players.

Pochettino knew exactly what he was signing on for when he agreed to come to Spurs. It was a challenge he accepted and made a success of.

passing-wind

Because of the need to fund the new stadium he was given - and accepted - a brief from Levy that prioritised maximising the club's income via achieving qualification for the CL, whilst at the same time offered only a restricted budget for signing new players.

Pochettino knew exactly what he was signing on for when he agreed to come to Spurs. It was a challenge he accepted and made a success of.
Be careful, what your saying doesn't fit the narrative of Poch not being good enough to be a United manager while Solskjaer is. The Norwegian domestic competition trump's all !! it's strange why no top four team in Europe considered Ole before his stint at Cardiff.

Many fans have this lackluster capablity to think rationally. If Poch had Tottenham punching above their weight finishing for champions league qualifications, getting to a UCL final while amalgamating a NET spend of 36 million a season, that shows he has the propensity to lead a top team to titles.

The proposed quality of Tottenham's squad is only on the basis that Poch provided the players the platform to enhance and portray their capabilities in the league. They didn't sign world class players, they were developed into a cohesive team. It's no different to Klopp with Liverpool; Robertson, Trent, Mane and Salah didn't have the whole world trembling at their feet with superstition surrounding their hype. Klopp coached them to the extent we can now all identify Liverpool having a quality team, it's exactly the same situation with Poch / Spurs.

A really weak and off topic response. Funding a new stadium did NOT cause Pochetino to pass up passable opportunities to win the league cup and Europa league. He could have still won those minor cups whilst chasing UCL participation. He prefered to pass up any and every opportunity to instil a winning mentality in his team. And UCL participation ISN'T instilling a winning mentality. That is mere club building.

Pochetino's supporters on here keep pretending he had the smallest budget in the league and the thinnest squad by far in the top 8.

Be careful, what your saying doesn't fit the narrative of Poch not being good enough to be a United manager while Solskjaer is. The Norwegian domestic competition trump's all !! it's strange why no top four team in Europe considered Ole before his stint at Cardiff.

Many fans have this lackluster capablity to think rationally. If Poch had Tottenham punching above their weight finishing for champions league qualifications, getting to a UCL final while amalgamating a NET spend of 36 million a season, that shows he has the propensity to lead a top team to titles.
this is yet another example of the truly fallacious responses of Pochetino fans on here:

First, Qualifying for UCL regularly is NOT proof a manager can challenge for titles. If it were a Wenger would never have been regularly ridiculed for treating it like a holy Grail.

Second, its your inability to think rationally that constantly makes you conflate not rating pochetino as a winner
with counting Solsksjaer as good enough for united. One position does not necessarily follow the other.

Third, is still this utter lack of critical thinking, that makes you fail to understand the blatantly obvious. AT NO point in his football career has Pochetino challenged for a thing. Not as a player. Most definitely not as a manager. So finishing in UCL places. And getting to ONLY one UCL final on a supposed show string budget whilst being utterly horrible in his domestic competition. In 7 years of handling a team
Does NOT count as showing 'a propensity to compete for title' in any shape or form! It shows rather the propensity to build clubs. Which already established clubs are NOT looking to do. It's embarrassing that it ever has to be pointed out to y'all

No big club is going to hire a man as high profile as pochetino to merely rebuild their club.

The proposed quality of Tottenham's squad is only on the basis that Poch provided the players the platform to enhance and portray their capabilities in the league. They didn't sign world class players, they were developed into a cohesive team. It's no different to Klopp with Liverpool; Robertson, Trent, Mane and Salah didn't have the whole world trembling at their feet with superstition surrounding their hype. Klopp coached them to the extent we can now all identify Liverpool having a quality team, it's exactly the same situation with Poch / Spurs.
It isn't even close to the same situation. Klopp before he started to break the bank for the likes of Keita, Vs dijk and Allison literally took the likes of the Robertson level of players to League and European finals in a very short period. Only losing due to the quality of player at his disposal. He didn't turn down such opportunities in the name of chasing 'bigger things' like supposedly winning the UCL and regular UCL participation

jackal&hyde

Unless we have a horrific end of the season i don't see us going for Poch. It's not like he is a "must have" serial winner like Pep anyway. He's implosition at Spurs also added major question marks to go along with never winning anything in a 10+ year career.

jackal&hyde

This is a good point and imo it also serves as a reason for losing the faith of the squad. At the end of the day players want trophies and that is more valuable to them then one higher league position. 5 or 6 years and having no medals to show for it was a failure imo and probably in many of the players eyes. In the mean time United have picked up a League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League, Charity Shield. A small cabinet of medals that Jones has over Kane just over the last few years :lol: Not surprised some players wanted out and many others did not feel sorry to see the back of Poch.

Last edited:

NoPace

https://es.whoscored.com/Articles/T...nefitting-From-Pochettinos-High-Pressing-Game

Don't think he's very good at setting up his team to score goals but Rashford, James, Bruno, Fred and McTominay would probably do well under him and pressing and we could sign another 2 players to get minutes along with Greenwood and I have no earthly idea if Martial would thrive or be sold even before the season started.

There's probably a better appointment somewhere but if you assume Woodward isn't going to come up with anything inspired we could certainly do worse.

Here were the Paddy Power Odds and my comments of Poch vs:
  • Maurcio Pochettino (8/11) - Is Poch
  • Massimiliano Allegri (7/2) - Serie A experts will know better, but his record is incredible and he has no clear tactical identity so I think this could go in any direction. I'm an ideologue on tactics but I'd talk myself into this based on 5 titles in a row
  • Brendan Rodgers (20/1) - Would be a good appointment to help us transition back into being a top team and there's some Ferguson there but also I don't see him coming until Leicester drop off
  • Julian Nagelsmann (20/1) - He seems crazy but I'd love to see us get a Red Bull trained person and a 4-2-2-2 of Rash and Martial up top with Bruno in the Forsberg role and James and a winger to compete for the other AM spot with Fred and McTominay behind them (with a new signing) looks like a nice fit
  • Ralf Rangnick (25/1) - See above
  • Laurent Blanc (25/1) - No. What's the upside here?
  • Gareth Southgate (25/1) - Not a genius. No.
  • Luis Enrique (33/1) - Meh
  • Erik ten Hag (33/1) - Would love to see us bring in him and Van Der Sar. Ajax are +43 and top of the table, if we could get him signed before they make a Europa League run that would be wonderful.
  • Rafa Benitez (33/1) - Maybe the likeliest to get us to 4th place and back in the CL next year but feck no

JoaquinJoaquin

So is everyone who wants this to happen expected to hope Ole doesn't have a late season revival and get us top 4? because that's how we work isn't it (only really acting in positions of weakness.)
I think it could be too late at this point. Kind of feels like when Van Gaal was managing us and the big José rumours started. Tbh though I think the next months results will probably seal it anyways for Pochettino.

NWRed

We're in 8th place. There's your valid reason for sacking him. Next.
Sometimes posting on this forum is a little like teaching a low ability Year 9 class. Only the present exists for them and they are extremely immature.

It's no wonder match going fans hate online 'fans'.

passing-wind

this is yet another example of the truly fallacious responses of Pochetino fans on here:

First, Qualifying for UCL regularly is NOT proof a manager can challenge for titles. If it were a Wenger would never have been regularly ridiculed for treating it like a holy Grail.

Second, its your inability to think rationally that constantly makes you conflate not rating pochetino as a winner
with counting Solsksjaer as good enough for united. One position does not necessarily follow the other.

Third, is still this utter lack of critical thinking, that makes you fail to understand the blatantly obvious. AT NO point in his football career has Pochetino challenged for a thing. Not as a player. Most definitely not as a manager. So finishing in UCL places. And getting to ONLY one UCL final on a supposed show string budget whilst being utterly horrible in his domestic competition. In 7 years of handling a team
Does NOT count as showing 'a propensity to compete for title' in any shape or form! It shows rather the propensity to build clubs. Which already established clubs are NOT looking to do. It's embarrassing that it ever has to be pointed out to y'all

No big club is going to hire a man as high profile as pochetino to merely rebuild their club.

It isn't even close to the same situation. Klopp before he started to break the bank for the likes of Keita, Vs dijk and Allison literally took the likes of the Robertson level of players to League and European finals in a very short period. Only losing due to the quality of player at his disposal. He didn't turn down such opportunities in the name of chasing 'bigger things' like supposedly winning the UCL and regular UCL participation
Qualifying for the champions league is an exemplification of being in contention to challenge for the league when your punching above your weight in the circumstances doing it with Tottenham. Poch finished SEVEN points behind Chelsea who won the league in 2017. If that's not "challenging" for the league according to you then you should both
1. Reassess your own criteria to think critically
2. Comprehend the basic meaning of what a "challenge" is.

"Getting to ONLY one UCL final on a supposed show string budget whilst being utterly horrible in his domestic competition. In 7 years of handling a team dDoesNOT count as showing 'a propensity to compete for title' in any shape or form!
"It shows rather the propensity to build clubs. Which already established clubs are NOT looking to do"

This is arguably the stupidest thing I've seen posted on the cafe in 2020. Did spurs "challenge" for the champions league when they reached the finals last year ? Whenever has anyone credited Poch for building Tottenham as a club :lol: Spurs were founded in the 1800's not 2014, Poch aided Spurs in building a TEAM. We Manchester United find ourselves in need of rebuilding the exact same thing any club does going through a transition (common sense).

If according to your subjective omission Poch is worth no hassle to any top club why does the facts deny the contrary to your hypothetical nonsense... why did he reject the chance to manage Madrid in June 2018 ? Why was he shortlisted for Barcelona / Bayern Munich ? Why did Manchester United show extensive interest when Jose was sacked in hiring him as our next manager ?

The summation of your post referring to what I said about Liverpool further leaves me questioning your ability to ascertain a basic level of communication. People attack Poch for having a quality team at his disposal winning nothing which to some degree is fair but many give him no credit for building / coaching the team to begin with. Liverpool outside of Alison / VVD have not signed any world class players under Klopp, he has nurtured the majority of the talent at his disposal. If we the general public acknowledge Liverpool as a world class team, we must also take into consideration Klopp's influence in providing the platform for them to succeed. Because you seem incapable of contextualising the theology behind any analogical undertones, by platform I mean the ethos, system, training impetus and tactical implementations Klopp has installed to allow his teams to perform.

I'm by no means a "fan" of Poch but I can easily galvanise what progress and direction is. Having Solskjaer in charge we lack those fundamentals and dismissing Poch when he's available just highlights how ridiculous the decision would be. If Solskjaer can get us 4 champions league positions with 36 million spent and reaching a UCL final with one addition in the January window, by all accounts he will be held as a good manager irrespective. But hey if like many your content with us spending 200 million and currently fighting around 8th that's your own ambition.

Last edited:

Moiraine

Qualifying for the champions league is an exemplification of being in contention to challenge for the league when your punching above your weight in the circumstances doing it with Tottenham. Poch finished SEVEN points behind Chelsea who won the league in 2017. If that's not "challenging" for the league according to you then you should both

"Getting to ONLY one UCL final on a supposed show string budget whilst being utterly horrible in his domestic competition. In 7 years of handling a team dDoesNOT count as showing 'a propensity to compete for title' in any shape or form!
"It shows rather the propensity to build clubs. Which already established clubs are NOT looking to do"

This is arguably the stupidest thing I've seen posted on the cafe in 2020. Did spurs "challenge" for the champions league when they reached the finals last year ? Whenever has anyone credited Poch for building Tottenham as a club :lol: Spurs were founded in the 1800's not 2014, Poch aided Spurs in building a TEAM. We Manchester United find ourselves in need of rebuilding the exact same thing any club does going through a transition (common sense).

If according to your subjective omission Poch is worth no hassle to any top club why does the facts deny the contrary to your hypothetical nonsense... why did he reject the chance to manage Madrid in June 2018 ? Why was he shortlisted for Barcelona / Bayern Munich ? Why did Manchester United show extensive interest when Jose was sacked in hiring him as our next manager ?

The summation of your post referring to what I said about Liverpool further leaves me questioning your ability to ascertain a basic level of communication. People attack Poch for having a quality team at his disposal winning nothing which to some degree is fair but many give him no credit for building / coaching the team to begin with. Liverpool outside of Alison / VVD have not signed any world class players under Klopp, he has nurtured the majority of the talent at his disposal. If we the general public acknowledge Liverpool as a world class team, we must also take into consideration Klopp's influence in providing the platform for them to succeed. Because you seem incapable of contextualising the theology behind any analogical undertones, by platform I mean the ethos, system, training impetus and tactical implementations Klopp has installed to allow his teams to perform.

I'm by no means a "fan" of Poch but I can easily galvanise what progress and direction is. Having Solskjaer in charge we lack those fundamentals and dismissing Poch when he's available just highlights how ridiculous the decision would be. If Solskjaer can get us 4 champions league positions with 36 million spent and reaching a UCL final with one addition in the January window, by all accounts he will be held as a good manager irrespective. But hey if like many your content with us spending 200 million and currently fighting around 8th that's your own ambition.
Cracking post.

Summed up everything that was in my mind and couldn’t put it into words. One particular fact about the season Spurs reached CL final that they “Didn’t” sign any player in that summer transfer window. Yet the team accomplished CL final and Top 4. They were up punch for punch with the teams like City, Liverpool (and battered United everytime they faced) which even in Ferguson’s last few seasons, we couldn’t.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Sometimes posting on this forum is a little like teaching a low ability Year 9 class. Only the present exists for them and they are extremely immature.

It's no wonder match going fans hate online 'fans'.
Thats the basis of buddhism. The future and the past does not exist. The present is all we have to work with and it's not pleasant under Ole. Its unreal how people want to give Ole time based on the future he may have with his squad that will be fully fit in the future and how he plays with his new signings in the future. Who the feck is judged based on their future. There's no logic behind it.. Only blind faith and that's for gods

Oldyella

Seriously hope not. He would be failing upwards.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Nobody in their right mind would make Ole a DoF.

Qualifying for the champions league is an exemplification of being in contention to challenge for the league when your punching above your weight in the circumstances doing it with Tottenham.
Still with this bullshit Tottettenham
were not remotely punching above their weight. That myth seriously needs to stop. Spurs had ALREADY become a top 4 challenging side before Pochetino arrived there. Punching above their weight would have meant them winning the league, or a major european trophy. Not finishing top 4 regularly.

And guess what? Leicester DID exactly that. Whipping out any excuse a Pochetino and others could hide behind

Poch finished SEVEN points behind Chelsea who won the league in 2017. If that's not "challenging" for the league according to you then you should both
It's is You rather who needs to re access what the word "propensity"means. Because it's rather apparent you DONT get it. For a manager to count as having propensity to challenge for a league title. Would have had to finish with in 7 points of the league champions 90% of the time he is in charge at a particular club.

Pochetino finished:
23 points behind Chelsea in 2014/2015
11 points behind leicester 2015/2016
7 points behind Chelsea in 2016/2017
23 points behind Manchester City in 2017/2018
27 points behind Manchester City in 2018/2019

You need to be high on some very strong hallucinogens to count that as a 'propensity to challenge for the title'. Yet in this same period a Leicester city coached by a mere ranieri won the league. This just yet another example of your lack of critical thinking when it comes to Pochetino.

This is arguably the stupidest thing I've seen posted on the cafe in 2020. Did spurs "challenge" for the champions league when they reached the finals last year ?
Again with another fallacious response whilst ironically thinking what you replied to is stupid.
Challenging for UCL titles does not happen by getting to only one. I've never read a dumber attempt at a rebuttal in my life.

Whenever has anyone credited Poch for building Tottenham as a club :lol: Spurs were founded in the 1800's not 2014, Poch aided Spurs in building a TEAM.
Another brazenly fallacious bit of nonsense. You KNOW precisely what I mean when I talked of building a club. Pochetino raised the profile of spurs significantly. It went just merely building a team. To dare mention when Spurs was founded as a counter to some one pointing out that reality is truly asinine in the extreme!

We Manchester United find ourselves in need of rebuilding the exact same thing any club does going through a transition that's building a TEAM (common sense).
Rather common sense dictates United need a person to not only rebuild the team, but to win whilst doing it. Pochetino has not shown any ability to do that. But this obvious fact repeatedly escapes you. That is why you jump to idiotic shit like 'they must rate Solsksjaer,' when that is pointed out to you.

If according to your subjective omission Poch is worth no hassle to any top club why does the facts deny the contrary to your hypothetical nonsense...
subjective my foot....
The biggest irony of all is your utter lack of self awareness. NOTHING I've stated is fiction nor hypothetical. Pochetino has never won things. Has never shown the capacity to win things. Has never displayed a propensity nor desire to consistently challenge for things. Plus has built a reputation for elevating the status of clubs he managers without winning. This is undeniable fact.

Meanwhile all you have had to offer is hypoctheticals. Even worse you treat them as fact.

why did he reject the chance to manage Madrid in June 2018 ? Why was he shortlisted for Barcelona / Bayern Munich ? Why did Manchester United show extensive interest when Jose was sacked in hiring him as our next manager ?
Seriously? Who was in for him is YOUR argument to prove he is a big club manager? In an era in which plenty of big clubs have repeatedly picked the WRONG men to manager their clubs?

We have seen the likes of rodgers, Mourinho, Van gaal, ancelotti to make a few botch major jobs because they were picked. But as per your kind of reasoning being on the short list counts as 'proof' one is " the right one for a job."

The summation of your post referring to what I said about Liverpool further leaves me questioning your ability to ascertain a basic level of communication. People attack Poch for having a quality team at his disposal winning nothing which to some degree is fair but many give him no credit for building / coaching the team to begin with.
This the problem with people like you who NEVER comprehend what they reply to. You are eager to be rude and obnoxious when it's is strictly you failing to understand basic communication...

You replied to MY post
Unless you are blind, you'd have read in it that I'm NOT amongst those who give Pochetino no credit for his coaching. I simply don't count him as a title nor cup winning coach.

You are the numpty who tried to equate what he did with Klopp's WHILST replying to what I wrote! You'd have had a point if my argument had EVER been based on playing down his ability to coach and improve players.

Frankly I'm done replying to you crap

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Think Poch will do well.
To be honest though the bar will have been set very low. I guess a 2nd place and a cup final next year would be seen as success unlike under Jose when it was seen as failure.
My main reservation is about his attitude to winning trophies - its not for ego its what football is about.

NWRed

Thats the basis of buddhism. The future and the past does not exist. The present is all we have to work with and it's not pleasant under Ole. Its unreal how people want to give Ole time based on the future he may have with his squad that will be fully fit in the future and how he plays with his new signings in the future. Who the feck is judged based on their future. There's no logic behind it.. Only blind faith and that's for gods
Yeah, I doubt Buddhist beliefs are based on their inability to recall past events and learn from them or their inability to anticipate or plan for the future.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think it could be too late at this point. Kind of feels like when Van Gaal was managing us and the big José rumours started. Tbh though I think the next months results will probably seal it anyways for Pochettino.
Ole is not a divisive character like LvG though, and he'd be the dream manager for the Glazers if he only had half of what it takes to be a top manager.

Unless the decision is rightly taken out of Woodwards hands then I'd fully expect to see Ole remain even if there's a hint of a revival from now until the end of the season, which given we'll likely have Pogba back firing on all cylinders in preparation for the Euros, and Mctominay back, with Bruno there now as well, has to be a distinct possibility.

So for the fans who want to see Ole go, and Poch come in, then are we once again left sneakly hoping the Ole disaster continues until the end of the season for fear of us not following the through. It's the depressing reality I think.

jamesjimmybyrondean

All I want to know is does he prefer to play without a right winger. At Tottenham he used Eriksen an attacking midfielder as the right midfielder but was this the case when he was at Southampton and Espanyol?

I'm asking because if that's the case then I can see why we would be after Grealish that can play the AM role Alli played at Tottenham and Bruno who can play the Eriksen role in right midfield.