A Solskjaer Masterclass. Whoop Whoop!!!

jackal&hyde

It was just the players don't you know.

Ole out brigate go feck yourselves!

Stadjer

He is good at setting up his team against better opponents. Sit back and counter with mostly Rashford. Last season he was the first the get points against Liverpool playing that way for example.

The problems start when he plays 'inferior' teams. He hasnt discovered how to break those defenses down while not conceding goals. It is harder to do though... for a manager and also demands more quality of players.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’d play 5-3-2 all year if it protects the CBs.

Push Telles upfield at will and Shaw will fill in at LB.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Very good game from him. Reacted quickly when we were outplayed and changed the game with an interesting sub. Tuchel's tactics were a mess though.

I also don't know how much of a choice he had of picking or not picking Maguire, but it certainly had paid off – playing with a high line against Mbappe, Neymar & co is risky, but very beneficial.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Who put the frenchies in their place
Ole gunnar solskjaer

Castia

Credit where it’s due that was brilliant

5 at the back without the ball changing to a back 4 with Telles pushing forward in possession. Awesome

RG 11

Ole has been great against top sides tbf. It's beating teams who park the bus which has been a problem. Telles looks quality and with VDB and Cavani we look like we finally some depth.

Brilliant game. PSG were second best for most of the match

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
For those who say he just set us up to counter - we actually went on the front foot after Pogba came on. Ole knew when to switch it up - best in-game management I've seen from him in awhile. He just keeps getting results in big games.

If Rashford and Martial were more clinical we would have completely dicked them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Perfect team selection, tactics and game management from Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!!!!

Am too exited and happy with joy, I don’t know what to do with myself :lol::lol::lol:
It's a big game what do you expect? He wins all the big games :keano::keano::keano:

Flexdegea

Not the first time he’s done it against the big teams either

His record in big matches is class, made even more amazing by the fact apparently he hasnt a clue about anything bar smiling and the players like him.

Great result. Back in the big games again.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ole gunnar solskjaer
Couldn’t care less about PSG. I want this result to drive all OleOUTers out from
Ole and my club.

spiriticon

Can we not play 5-3-2 every match?

I mean if we come up against Burnley and co we'll just settle for the 0-0 draw.

AaronRedDevil

Seriously well done. I bet most of us were expecting to be beaten with PSG revenge and not only did united beat them. They went toe to toe with the “best players in the world” once again and still won. Crazy part is United should have won by 4 goals at least, and they didn’t even score one for themselves. What a brilliant game. Rashford redeemed himself with that goal because my god he was horrible in his decision making. But he was the biggest threat on that pitch. So many MOTM performances in this game. Shaw, Fred, Lindelof, De Gea, McT, Bruno. Tuan stopped mbappe twiiiiice!

This gives me hope that united are finally getting better and stronger then ever since SAF.

Take a bow Ole, his tactics were Spot fecking on!

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Has there ever been a more frustrating and enigmatic team than United? When they show what they can do, you have to wonder how they ever manage to be so completely different at other times.

Even if they'd conceded a losing goal tonight, would still have been pleased with both performance and effort. Was a pleasure to watch from start to finish.

Ekeke

Big credit to Ole we looked organized and it worked. Also a big shoutout to the back 5 we had good success with last season - we should have stuck with it in the final stages of tournaments last season.

Red_toad

Imagine being able to bring on Pogba & Van Beek to close out a game :D.
Tuanzebe, Fred, Dave, Shaw & Telles all excellent performances. Looking forward to getting them back to OT, Maguire will get on the end of a lot of Telles corners.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Couldn’t care less about PSG. I want this result to drive all OleOUTers out from
Ole and my club.
"My club"

I don't know why acting like a better fan than someone else because of a difference of an opinion is allowed.

Judas

Open to offers
Even got the subs right, could see the game was there to be won, brought on Pogba and got the job done. Can't say a single thing negative about him tonight.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nonsense

They were dominating us in the second half until the change
Nobody was dominating anyone at any point in that game. We were better for 90 mins though.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ole definitely deserves some credit - and the players themselves for showing this is a team sport and big names on either side arent the end all. You don't make it to this level by being an absolute donkey.

Well.. Maybe some do, but none of them were in Paris tonight!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
"My club"

I don't know why acting like a better fan than someone else because of a difference of an opinion is allowed.
I am a better supporter than you. clue: look up what supporter means in a dictionary ;)

and enjoying tonight in ways you cant even comprehend.

Last edited: