A top quality, clinical striker

jesperjaap

I really dont see many really good stikers in the game at the moment and most of them are older ones. Many have said on here cant be a clinical striker without chances created which is a good point. Rashford certainly isnt clinical though, still think he would be better on the left, possibly even from the bench as an impact player. Talented for sure, hugely over rated by many though.

First thing we need to do in my opinion to score more goals is actually rebuild the defence. We have a back four that cant defend very well in several areas and also isnt good at cycling the ball and bringing it forward quickly. If we could address that for starters we would be conceding less as well as the rest of the team being able to attack quicker and with more freedom and faith in those behind them, which should mean mroe goals too....obviously many many other problems throughout the side but its been a problem for a long time, only hidden by half the managers playing such a defensive game that are defensive record didnt appear as shambolic as the players playing there, majority of which have been here for nearly a decade for god sake

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I really dont see many really good stikers in the game at the moment and most of them are older ones. Many have said on here cant be a clinical striker without chances created which is a good point. Rashford certainly isnt clinical though, still think he would be better on the left, possibly even from the bench as an impact player. Talented for sure, hugely over rated by many though.

First thing we need to do in my opinion to score more goals is actually rebuild the defence. We have a back four that cant defend very well in several areas and also isnt good at cycling the ball and bringing it forward quickly. If we could address that for starters we would be conceding less as well as the rest of the team being able to attack quicker and with more freedom and faith in those behind them, which should mean mroe goals too....obviously many many other problems throughout the side but its been a problem for a long time, only hidden by half the managers playing such a defensive game that are defensive record didnt appear as shambolic as the players playing there, majority of which have been here for nearly a decade for god sake
How's being good defensively today could win us the game? We had almost 80% possession with all out attack.

ash_86

Throw all the money at Jovic. Clinical striker can take us a long way

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watch Van Persie’s season for us. Watch greenwood today for us.

When you have a proper forward attacker that moves into space with a PURPOSE you are a lot more dangerous attacking wise.

Without a player up front looking to finish off attacks it’s toothless.

This is why Ronaldo is so amazingly successful. Every time he attacks he only makes movements to score. His team therefore attack with the mindset of finishing the possession with a goal. Not the wankfest we usually have with rashford/lingard/martial/pogba playing keep ball with some shitty flicks

MrSingh2002

Piatek from AC Milan is the one for us. Im convinced but doubt we're smart enough to go get him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Braut Haaland could be one to monitor. Very unfinished, but his physics are insane already. Bet he is on Ole's radar at least since he was the one who broke through in Molde during his managerial career there.
Never heard of him until I read your post.

After doing some scouting via YouTube, he looks a top prospect. Only 19 and has a very impressive physique and surprisingly very quick to for a big chap.

Being at Molde, I hope Ole keeps an eye out for him. I imagine he wouldn't cost much either..

ToToMarshall

Jovic is the guy really, but why on earth would he come here when (reportedly) Barca, Bayern, Real, City and Chelsea just for a kick off are sniffing around?

quackattack

After doing some scouting via YouTube, he looks a top prospect. Only 19 and has a very impressive physique and surprisingly very quick to for a big chap.

Being at Molde, I hope Ole keeps an eye out for him. I imagine he wouldn't cost much either..

I would say his strongest traits is obviously the physical part of the game as well as strong determination and from what I could judge in interviews and more already a mature professional. His price has skyrocketed now that he is at RB Salzburg, but I'm sure this is a stepping stone. I don't think it would be completely wrong to draw the lines to Zlatan, but Ibra obviously had a lot more flair to his game. And from back in the Molde days Old praised Haaland as a top prospect.

Will Singh

If there's one position Ole can fix its the striker position, but from how it's looking Ole is going to back Rashford as he ticks all the boxes Ole is looking for...

If we ain't careful Rashford will be the new Wellbeck.

Halftrack

He moved to FC Red Bull Salzburg in January, so he's already taken a step up, career wise.

On the other hand, he's the son of Alf-Inge Haaland, and a Leeds supporter.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Jovic is the guy really, but why on earth would he come here when (reportedly) Barca, Bayern, Real, City and Chelsea just for a kick off are sniffing around?
The deal is done apparently, £52.4 is the mentioned price.

Jibbs

Bring either Ronaldo or Lewa... we need an experienced goal scorer up top.

OleGunnar20

Piatek from AC Milan is the one for us. Im convinced but doubt we're smart enough to go get him.
This.

I have a feeling we'll get out act together somewhat transfer-wise over the next couple'a seasons, based solely on some intoxicating mix of blind optimism & gut rumblings.

Fingers crossed the rumblings are true and we snatch Piatek while we can. Great finisher, great attitude - I feel he'd do great for us.

On the topic of Rashy, I'd agree with those who say LW is where he should be, for now at least. I've never really been his biggest fan, despite being a good player I think he's often way overhyped and now seems to be adopting an attitude to match.

I can't remember who said that he never seems to score the easy goals but that hit the nail on the head for me, I just don't see him as a natural finisher.

But hey what do I know. Seems likely he'll be Ole's number one going into next season at least, hope he proves me wrong as can be.

Axle17

What I don't understand is we have a number of strikers on our books yet none of them know how to take their chances?
The second we approach the box, we're too concerned about creating an easier chance and passing/dribbling versus just taking a shot outside the damn box!

Perhaps our players are more concerned about the oppositions counter attacks and not having a reliable Midfield/Defence?

I always refer to the video of Ole training at Molde absolutely taking it to the players for not shooting, which shows its the players and not the coach. You can take a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink..

The Nani

This.

I have a feeling we'll get out act together somewhat transfer-wise over the next couple'a seasons, based solely on some intoxicating mix of blind optimism & gut rumblings.

Fingers crossed the rumblings are true and we snatch Piatek while we can. Great finisher, great attitude - I feel he'd do great for us.

On the topic of Rashy, I'd agree with those who say LW is where he should be, for now at least. I've never really been his biggest fan, despite being a good player I think he's often way overhyped and now seems to be adopting an attitude to match.

I can't remember who said that he never seems to score the easy goals but that hit the nail on the head for me, I just don't see him as a natural finisher.

But hey what do I know. Seems likely he'll be Ole's number one going into next season at least, hope he proves me wrong as can be.
One of Milik or Piatek is my hope now with Jovic gone to Madrid and Dybala potentially off the table.

Like you though I am worried we’re not even concerned with signing a striker this summer.

TheRedHearted

Is Joshua king off the table for everyone?
I honestly still think Martial is unhappy on the left and him up the center is where he has to be. Would love to see Pogba as the left winger for a game with martial in the center

BlackBen

Let's get Piatek. With Lukaku's constant talk about dreaming of playing in the Serie A, I think we can make that dream come true by swapping him with Piatek. I think Milan would be willing to do business if we add a nice cash bonus on top.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I honestly still think Martial is unhappy on the left and him up the center is where he has to be. Would love to see Pogba as the left winger for a game with martial in the center
Would Martial work hard enough to open up space and make runs for the full 90 minutes even if he doesn't get the ball? That's the real question when it comes to him. He's got the talent but for some reason really hates running or making any movement without the ball.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Let's get Piatek. With Lukaku's constant talk about dreaming of playing in the Serie A, I think we can make that dream come true by swapping him with Piatek. I think Milan would be willing to do business if we add a nice cash bonus on top.
Milan are not interested in wardrobe. Inter are.

SerenityValley

We were linked with him a year or two ago, so we probably are monitoring him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The next Chris Waddle / Darren Anderton more like. Just with slightly less flair than Chris and a bit stronger and more direct than both Chris and Darren.
The next Alan Smith due to both being Leeds fans. Alan Smith was a die hard fan too..

OleGunnar20

One of Milik or Piatek is my hope now with Jovic gone to Madrid and Dybala potentially off the table.

Like you though I am worried we’re not even concerned with signing a striker this summer.
I've not seen much of Milik so haven't got much to add there really. He's at Napoli right? Likely gettable but expensive if so I imagine.

What kind of a striker is he?

The Nani

I've not seen much of Milik so haven't got much to add there really. He's at Napoli right? Likely gettable but expensive if so I imagine.

What kind of a striker is he?
Yeah, plays for Napoli. He’s just a bloody good #9. Great movement and technique. Has a great shot on him and and eye for a pass as well. Not just a poacher.

First season he’s been healthy for the duration which is a concern admittedly, but he’s been brilliant.

I’ll be honest though. He’s a bit of a risk and a big step down from Dybala. And Piatek would be as well. I’d rather test Arsenal’s resolve for Lacazette. We could really do with a proper, technical CF type who can create and score goals.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Lukaku, Rashford and Martial had a higher ceiling than Salah and Mane before they signed for Liverpool. We just need a better footballing philosophy and they will produce better returns.
They're not good enough. We need a proper striker.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Somone pointed out on reddit that Josh King has outscored Rashford 4 seasons in a row.

0:23
That's a impressive gurn.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
They're not good enough. We need a proper striker.
I m sure the same thing was said to Salah and Mane before in their career. I doubt if Salah and Mane was playing here at United, they would be as good as they are at Liverpool. Klopp philosophy makes those players good, similar to the way the new manager bounce made fans claim Pogba was the best midfielder in the world and have our fans excited about the dynamic front three of Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I m sure the same thing was said to Salah and Mane before in their career. I doubt if Salah and Mane was playing here at United, they would be as good as they are at Liverpool. Klopp philosophy makes those players good, similar to the way the new manager bounce made fans claim Pogba was the best midfielder in the world and have our fans excited about the dynamic front three of Rashford, Lingard and Martial.
You cant compare different players since each brings a different set of qualities to the table. Rashford and Martial are more than good enough to be support/squad players but not nearly good enough to be in the RvN, RvP, or Peak Wazza type categories. We need more of the latter and less of the former.