Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyslexic Untied

Not very often you really look forward to a RB being involved in the play. Just a very good and fun player to watch.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Once or twice went for the wrong man when defending a cross - but one on one, he was fantastic.

His attacking play will come. I have no fears about that.

Great PL debut for United.

el3mel

He looks almost impossible to get dribbled through.

Absolute rock in defense.

King Eric 7

He looks like he has a half second start on an attacker before they've even moved. Like he's playing in some weird cheat mode. They gave up trying to get past him pretty quickly and just knocked it to the nearest player instead.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The cool thing is his defensive masterclass inspires Pogba defensively. If you noticed during the game Pogba won the ball for us in AWBs right channel on a few occasions today.

As the game went on AWB made it clear to attackers that there’s no way past him so they automatically looked to pass to the nearest open guy when they got it. This allowed Pogba to easily telegraph and intercept.

He’s really shut down the left flank of any attacking team. He will get the most of his neighbour CB because there’s less for them to do and he will the most of his neighbour CM.

Brilliant!

PS: Anyone have a gif of that tackle on Ross Barkley (?) where he ran after him in the middle of the pitch and looked like he had 0.1% chance of getting the ball? One of the few defensive moments in football that got me out of my seat

Devil81

Fantastic talent and the scary thing is there is still a lot of work to do with him to improve as a player.

His passing ability is at times a little bit off and as others have mentioned positionally he got away with a couple today.

Having said that as debuts go he was fantastic.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've never seen a player time sliding tackles so perfectly. And that's when he's been dragged out of position to cover someone else. He's an absolute rock.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's in another class from TAA defensively and can definitely improve in attack but he doesn't look weak there either.

It'll depend on what style Southgate prefers but he's a much more well rounded player than TAA to me
If they continue the way they are going, England may end up having the best offensive rightback in the world and the best defensive rightback in the world competing for the one spot.

Or as somebody else said, AWB might end up playing in a back three with TAA as the wingback outside him.

AFC NimbleThumb

The thing I really like about him is his willingness offensively. He’s not the smoothest on the ball but he’ll throw a step over & drove down the outside.

Such a refreshing change from the static years of Turn Back Tony at right back.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I just really like watching him play.

Safe in the knowledge that Young, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, etc aren't playing at RB.

He's very good and that's enough for me right now. In time and with us being a better team than Palace (hopefully) he'll get better going forward but he's a bloody roadblock defensively, fantastic.

He did get caught out positionally after attacking in the first half though. As did Shaw so we need to work on covering the FB's if they're going forward.

Devil may care

Seems to have struck up and undserstanding with Pogba already and offers great recoery pace to cover him on that right side, also put two good balls in which hopefully is the start of his attacking game developing.

Riz

PS: Anyone have a gif of that tackle on Ross Barkley (?) where he ran after him in the middle of the pitch and looked like he had 0.1% chance of getting the ball? One of the few defensive moments in football that got me out of my seat
The one in the first half? Yeh would love to see that moment again when Chelsea were breaking and it looked like he’d have to bring him down and take a yellow, instead he somehow won the ball.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The one in the first half? Yeh would love to see that moment again when Chelsea were breaking and it looked like he’d have to bring him down and take a yellow, instead he somehow won the ball.
That was one of the best recovery tackles I’ve ever seen. I thought the same as you he was going to take the tactical foul, but then he just slides out with the ball :lol: unreal. He really gets the crowd off their feet, which for a defender is rare.

Fans love him already! Think he will do a great job going forward also in the future.

steve88

Was amazing should what he was all about and his forward play was really good and will get better attack wise too.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Don't think he was very good today but he's a class player, great to watch. Probably a few nerves for his proper debut tbf.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
A patchy game from AWB, and yet I can pick out numerous moments where I saw a player who will be great for us.

If fit, neither Young nor Dalot should ever start ahead of him in that position.

RedNed77

Genuinely love this lad. First time I've ever been enthusiastic about a fecking right back.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We'll agree to disagree. Under pressure he didnt look like he knew what to do. Sometimes taking more touches to tame the ball than he was supposed to. Cant really drive forward with the ball too. Just doesnt look a good "footballer".
Did you watch the same game?

tomaldinho1

The difference an RB makes, can't really think of a time they got down that flank once. One slip up where he and Maguire didn't deal with that cross but otherwise he has sublime

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a defensive monster(despite I think 1-2 slip-ups today).

That tackle he had on Barkley in the 1st half wasn't even world class. It was from another planet.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It would be much easier for him in attack if one player, any player, dared to support him instead of running away to the other side. He was left on his own against 3 quite a few times.

LoneStar

Very good debut. Him and Maguire have made our defence seem so assured and confident.

Regarding his attacking, can't really blame him for that cause he was completely isolated on the right, with little to no support.

But I love the way he tackles.

Baneofthegame

He looked great today, room for improvement going forward, but defensively was amazing aside from one or two instances where he picked up the wrong man.

Ban

To be fair, this is what he thought about Harry Maguire before he signed for us. I don't think he's the best judge of a defender.
I don't he's the best judge of players in general. Done would say he just likes a big, fat moan.

Wayne's World

Future star...the difference in our right hand side was immense to see, you won't get many teams targeting that side because of him. Great signing

Aussie_Red_Devil

Got my MotM just ahead of Maguire. The play where he was behind Barkley and somehow won the Ball cleanly got him the nod for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.