Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just looks like a proper world class player in the making. The right side is locked down, it's not even worth bothering.

Andersons Dietician

Apart from 1 or 2 weird decisions, couple of sloppy passes and that time he got caught under the ball he was excellent. Proper RB finally. Sure there is a lot more to come from him as well can’t wait to see how he beds in this season.

RooneyLegend

To be fair, this is what he thought about Harry Maguire before he signed for us. I don't think he's the best judge of a defender.
Zouma had a mare and Maguire played well, its one game at the end of the day. We've seen these guys play for years though and it'll balance out eventually.

RooneyLegend

No, he's like that about all the players.
I don't he's the best judge of players in general. Done would say he just likes a big, fat moan.
We've been trash for many years, if you havent been moaning then theres something wrong with you. Seeing lots and lots of positives where they are few and far in between just makes you naive.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Zouma had a mare and Maguire played well, its one game at the end of the day. We've seen these guys play for years though and it'll balance out eventually.
No it won’t. Maguire is on another planet compared to Zouma.

Ban

We've been trash for many years, if you havent been moaning then theres something wrong with you. Seeing lots and lots of positives where they are few and far in between just makes you naive.
Seeing no positive thing ever means there's something wrong with you. It's like you enjoy being miserable all the time.

RedRover

Looks very assured for a young player. Defensively excellent today, great engine and if he adds a bit of quality in the final third he could be top class.

RooneyLegend

Seeing no positive thing ever means there's something wrong with you. It's like you enjoy being miserable all the time.
What are you on about? i do see positives. We still have DDG and Paul Pogba who are great players especially the former. Martial is getting his chance up top. Greenwood is a special talent and i have high hopes for Gomes. Maguire is a pretty good player albeit overpriced. I think Smalling is more than good enough for our club.

Now that doesnt mean im going to fool myself into thinking McT will ever be good enough or that AWB is great on the ball and going forward although thats still in question as that was his debut. Or that Rashford will ever be a star here especially with our set up.

Just calling it as i see it which is the point of this forum at the end of the day.

Mr Smith

As good as he is, he looks like he can still develop even further. He might end up being a bargain at £50m.
I'm convinced he will look like a steal in years to come. He's incredibly composed for a 21 year old defender and I think he will improve in an attacking sense (he really isn't that bad right now).

Carolina Red

Staff
Let's keep this thread about Wan Bissaka's performance. Take the bickering over who thought what about Maguire and etc. to a different thread.

Marcus

He's a defensive monster(despite I think 1-2 slip-ups today).

That tackle he had on Barkley in the 1st half wasn't even world class. It was from another planet.
This. I did not think it was possible to reach the ball. Deserves a gif.

gajender

Very good debut and some signs of attacking threat as well , as I was one of the posters who was sceptical about his quality on the ball I still believe he looks bit hesitant and not exactly comfortable with it ,hopefully he would improve as he is just a young kid.

passing-wind

And many posters on here wanted Meunier ? 50 million is a bargain for years of service. We might have missed the trick with Tiereny, Shaw looks like he's got mental issues pushing forward.

Steamboat Willy

Right Back-issue solved for years to come. Him covering that spot, will be as natural as the sun rising. Top quality signing with instant impact for the whole line.

Tarrou

Wasn’t that keen on him and thought he was overpriced but was clearly talking nonsense

Young to AWB is a monumental upgrade

jackal&hyde

The commentator on my feed was having a go at him all game. Don't know what to think really. He was good but i though he maybe was out of position a few times where Emerson was very dangerous and in attack he seemed to get in the right positions but didn't really know what to do. I'll have to rewatch the game to get a more clear view.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Loomed woeful at the beginning but once he was in the game he was really good. Still some sloppy passes and he looks a bit clueless going forward but defense wise not much to criticize.
The exact same statement could be made on Maguire in my opinion.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The commentator on my feed was having a go at him all game. Don't know what to think really. He was good but i though he maybe was out of position a few times where Emerson was very dangerous and in attack he seemed to get in the right positions but didn't really know what to do. I'll have to rewatch the game to get a more clear view.
:lol:

Yes, please do.

Ekeke

If he continues as he has in pre-season and the Chelsea match, he might be one of our best ever signings

I've said before that Wan-Bissaka's ball winning is going to be the main help playing without Ander, who was our ball winner last season.

But I have to wonder, at what point do opponents say okay he's a great ball winner on the United right side, so we'll just overload the left side with both our wingers, a forward, support from midfield and the the fullback bombing on?

Shaw is pretty good defensively but I doubt Shaw + McTominay is going to have an easy time dealing with that without more strong defensive performers helping them. Maybe Maguire can help out, with 4 interceptions against Chelsea he was on the front foot with his defending so if he can keep that up regularly it should help.

Last edited:
I think his offensive struggle is severely overstated and exacerbated simply because we have noone natural on the right for him to play off of/create space for him. Chelsea and other teams can just double up on him on that side. His dribbling is pretty good, you can see in moments that he used to be a winger. But it's hard to beat two men on the outside every time with very little space. Crossing definitely work though and being more comfortable with his left would make him a lot more multidimensional on that side. Still, fantastic purchase. Can't wait to watch this kid play more

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There was a moment early in the game when he was sprinting next to a Chelsea player and you just knew that he is about to tackle now and win the ball back :)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think his offensive struggle is severely overstated and exacerbated simply because we have noone natural on the right for him to play off of/create space for him. Chelsea and other teams can just double up on him on that side. His dribbling is pretty good, you can see in moments that he used to be a winger. But it's hard to beat two men on the outside every time with very little space. Crossing definitely work though and being more comfortable with his left would make him a lot more multidimensional on that side. Still, fantastic purchase. Can't wait to watch this kid play more
To be fair, it is hard to support our right wing when there is no one there playing.... If we had played a proper RW, he would have so many more options

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This and also the fact that he's excellent defensively makes people overstate how poor he's offensively. It always happens with full backs who excel at one end of the pitch, people somehow get this perception they must automatically be 'awful' on the other end. It usually concerned attacking full backs who have always been accused of being poor defensively, even when they were above average.

Bestietom

Outstanding full back, and exactly what we needed. Really good buy this young man.
Let's get a couple of top midfielders in the same mould, and we are ready for the challenge.

Mike Smalling

Really good debut. Thought he was caught out positionally a few times and he had a few Lukaku-like dribbles in attack, but overall very encouraging. Also a huge relief to be free of Young's mindless hoofs up the sideline.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think he has our player of the year written all over him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You realise it's not his job to mark both the left winger and the left back all at the same time right? He can't be EVERYWHERE just like Shaw couldn't either.

jeff_goldblum

Thought he had a good game, his one-on-one defending is top class and he's instantly improved our right-side. Definitely room for improvement offensively; he made good passing decisions but he's a little ponderous on the ball and doesn't seem comfortable trying to take people on. Ultimately he got caught out of position a lot for a full-back who didn't contribute a massive amount going forward. He's young though and I'm sure some of it is a case of adapting to a new way of playing, at Palace his role was largely to pin down the wing and offer occasional support to the winger whereas here he'll be expected to play a key role in our attacks. If he can that offensive side to his game he'll be one of the best in the world in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.