Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KW2006

His defends are so good that he even defended his own attacks.

Oddboy

His dribbles deserves more love, the one where he should have won penalty and the one right after where he beat defenders and made them look like mugs, just a shoulder drop and quick feet.
This is so true. I find it baffling how poeple talk about him as though he's a League 2 player when he gets past the halfway line. He has such quick feet - so often in games he makes acres of room for himself (OK maybe could improve his final ball from there) but it's extremely promising.

Thanks but the penalty incident happened just before this. Like in same min or 1 min earlier, body checked by Otamendi.
I thought that was a foul. More likely to be given if our side the area. In Morocco at the moment, so didnt have any English commentary, so don’t know what the concensus was?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought that was a foul. More likely to be given if our side the area. In Morocco at the moment, so didnt have any English commentary, so don’t know what the concensus was?
@GifLord posted the video, it was clear foul but it was just outside the box. Thought it was clear pen at that time.

Bobski

He has made huge strides in his attacking game this season. There are times when it still looks awkward but more and more often we are seeing moments when he is rembering how to play as a winger. Confidence really, stop doubting and let the instinct guide.

RedIan

Bloody awesome today, Stirling knows he my not pass teh spider legs !! Great tackling and also some nice moves in attack.

cyberman

Its weird how underappreciated he is. I was arguing against a Chelsea fan who thought it was a joke to have him in over Reece in a combined 11.
Hopefully the banter era is over and rivals dont automatically look down on our playerd

billybee99

I'm struggling to think of a single player I've ever seen that tackles as well as this guy. It's quite remarkable really. He's like a human wall.

MS4

He is ridicolously good. He should never ever be criticized again

Andersons Dietician

His confidence going forward does seem to be picking up. The first time I ever saw him was against us he’d just broken in to the team because Fosu was injured/couldn’t play and that night I remember writing I’d happily trade Valencia and Young for him and Van Anholt because they ran us ragged and he’s starting to show more of that guy in his game.

I do think much like James he probably needs to make better decisions when attacking and do things quicker but the way he danced through that city defence today was awesome. Shame about the pass though.

Edit: Sterling must wake up every Manchester Derby and think Christ not again. Poor lads probably terrified of spiders.

arthurka

I feel some here need to have a word with themselves, this guy is incredibly consistent. Great game today.

Adamsk7

Raheem must wake up in palpitations having nightmares about The Spider. One on one I don’t think I’ve seen a better defender.

fluwo

Defensively he's undoubtedly one of the best out there. Nice, that he starts to take people on aswell, I hope he can keep it up. It's just his crossing and final decision in general that frustrates me from time to time. I still love him to bits, one of my favourite players in the team. If he can improve in these areas he's going to be among the best in the world. Him and TAA in the national team also gives England two very different options for different games and opponents.

jeff_goldblum

A lot of great performances today but AWB is the one that springs straight to mind for me, Sterling barely got a sniff.

Incredibly good defensively and it's been obvious the last few games how hard he is working at improving his attacking game too. He has never been a worry in the side but he's becoming a top class right back now.

sherrinford

I think he was immense in the first half but I was concerned about his condition as the second half wore on. He looked knackered and switched off at times.

SAFMUTD

MOTM completely shut Sterling, he was invincible just remember one play from Gabriel Jesus that he let him shoot.

A monster defensively, Sterling is going to have nightmares about him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I feel like he must have spent his childhood at the edge of the street, bouncing the ball off of passing vehicles and seeing if he could stop it going past him on the return.

AKDevil

I struggle to criticise him, especially when I see how much easier it is to get joy out of or crosses in against any other full back in the Premier League. To get one in against him, you have to really earn it. Yes the attacking side will improve but he’s job is to defend first and nobody does it better.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Its weird how underappreciated he is. I was arguing against a Chelsea fan who thought it was a joke to have him in over Reece in a combined 11.
Hopefully the banter era is over and rivals dont automatically look down on our playerd
Haha yes mate i was in that conversation too. Some of them even had Reece, Rudiger and Azpi in that combined back 4. Thats just laughable to leave Maguire and Awb out for fecking Rudiger and Reece.

AWB is arguably the best defensive RB in the League.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That's exactly type of game that makes me think he really can excel to Champions League level while in relatively young age.

Today was the sign.

Djemba-Djemba

We spent huge money on a fullback and he's been every bit as great as I hoped defensively and he's now coming on leaps and bounds going forward.

Fantastic signing.

Raheem Sterling must be having nightmares about him these days.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Haha yes mate i was in that conversation too. Some of them even had Reece, Rudiger and Azpi in that combined back 4. Thats just laughable to leave Maguire and Awb out for fecking Rudiger and Reece.

AWB is arguably the best defensive RB in the League.
I'd say that's a no contest. He's got it in the bag.

Ekeke

17 times beaten all premier league season and won the ball instead 87 times.

Ricardo actually has the most won tackles out of fullbacks this season, but check out how often he's beaten compared to AW-B. 51 times to 17...

Status
Not open for further replies.