Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think that's exactly it, I remember reading one of his interviews a few weeks back where he gave some insight on his approach to defending and he specifically mentioned that his strategy against skillful and pacey wingers is to get in a really hard tackle or 2 early to show them a warning sign of things to come whenever they decide to have a go at him that day :lol:

He said he wants to get them second guessing whether it's a good decision attacking his flank with probable physical punishment to follow. It sounded like an intimidation thing to let them know that they'll need to work hard for every inch of space and chance in the final third when they come up against him and a lot of forwards end up making business decisions to save themselves the trouble as a result
Refreshingly old-fashioned isn't it :lol: ? I love that attitude for sure, but that plus cutting out more stuff at source and getting us straight back on the front foot would be better still. How I feel I have the right to lecture AWB on defending after yesterday is quite something but there we are.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How nice is it to have a RB that makes Raheem Sterling essentially useless.

Shark

@NotShark
Thought he was dreadful against Everton but bounced back very well yesterday, great performance
You forget he’s only 22, so he’ll still have off games here and there but yesterday showed us what he’ll be in 2-3 years time consistently. A total beast of a RB.

AshRK

Another amazing game but some here will tell how he will soon be a deadwood. Brilliant game and bossed sterling.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You forget he’s only 22, so he’ll still have off games here and there but yesterday showed us what he’ll be in 2-3 years time consistently. A total beast of a RB.
What I think is so impressive about him that I could count the number of bad games he's had on one hand, his consistency has been top notch this season.

poleglass red

The most defensive out and out full back in the world.
maybe, but in fairness to him, he made a few quality forays v City. Defo an aspect he has to improve, but the ability is there. Final pass at times still not consistent.

meamth

How many full backs city signed for big money?

We just did it once it worked wonders..

Love this guy.

Tiber

Absolutely love him. Those who keep doubting him are just wrong.

Tiber

I wouldn't say this about many players, but its a real player to watch him defend

Thisistheone

Haven't felt as comfortable and confident about a defender in big matches since Vidic. He always puts in at least an 8/10 day against the big boys

Sterling was collecting lint next to his car keys once again today
:lol:

thats amazing

AWB got to be serious contender for our player of the season.

meamth

I wouldn't say this about many players, but its a real player to watch him defend

His recovery runs are stupidly fast, if you're not an athlete, there's no way you can recover your feet from awkward position and managed to chase the person running ahead of you.

It's crazy how agile his feet is.

Lynty

Last May it could be argued we needed 2 full backs.

We signed 1 and some how we've now got 3 great full backs. A clear indication on the effect Ole has had really, good recruitment and good player development. Where ever we end up placing, you can't take that away from him.

RedCurry

We already know how good he's at tackling. But his passes in behind the opposition defense were the biggest improvement. Now he has to keep the standards up. If he can increase the amount of good crosses he puts in, he can go from being a very good PL right back to one of the best in the world.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His recovery runs are stupidly fast, if you're not an athlete, there's no way you can recover your feet from awkward position and managed to chase the person running ahead of you.

It's crazy how agile his feet is.
Just shows how many different paths there is to becoming a class footballer, a lot of different skills you can master. Not that often you see stuff like this, but it leads to incredibly fun footballers with an unexpected edge. A young average winger with crazy agile feet, but also randomly good at sliding tackles. Just feck it I'm just doing me from now on. Boom, all of a sudden possibly the greatest RB in the PL right now. Love these types of stories.

Ibi Dreams

He's so effective at defending, I don't think that's a crazy opinion. His tackling and blocking of the opponent are world class

mattunited1978

doommonger
Im well aware of how old he is, not sure how thats relevent to what i said though

Shark

@NotShark
Im well aware of how old he is, not sure how thats relevent to what i said though
You said you thought he was thrash vs Everton. Was just pointing out that he’s not going to be consistently in beast mode for a few years yet, as he’s still relatively young for a full back.

Nori-

Best right back in the Prem in my opinion.

Trent-Arnold is better going forward, same with Kyle Walker but the one job that matters most for a defender (Clue is in the name) is......defending.

He is better than both at doing that. Let the players in front of him worry about attack for now, he will improve at that, but the main thing is he excels at what he's on the pitch to do. Defend.

mattunited1978

doommonger
You said you thought he was thrash vs Everton. Was just pointing out that he’s not going to be consistently in beast mode for a few years yet, as he’s still relatively young for a full back.
And i went on to say he bounced back from the Everton game with a great performance yesterday. At no point did i say the Everton game was a reflection of the players overall ability, he had a bad day, he bounced back well. Dont think that opinion needs you to point out anything.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
For his so called poor attacking play he has as many PL assists this season as Walker, Alonso and Pereira

The criticism about his attacking play is basically when compared to TAA who lets face it is a generational talent in that position

Shark

@NotShark
And i went on to say he bounced back from the Everton game with a great performance yesterday. At no point did i say the Everton game was a reflection of the players overall ability, he had a bad day, he bounced back well. Dont think that opinion needs you to point out anything.
I wasn’t attacking/disagreeing your opinion, was just making a positive point in general regarding that off day vs Everton. Maybe it wasn’t relevant, anyway we’ll move on sure.

macheda14

I wouldn't want him to play like this for United, but does anyone think if England set up like they did in the World Cup AWB could be the RCB in a three? Walker played there and did pretty well and it would allow you to play both AWB and TAA. This could allow us to play split strikers up top with two of Rashfrod, Sancho and Sterling as Kane will probably be out.
----------------------Hendo--------------
-------AWB ------Maguire --Gomez------
TAA--------------------------------------------Chilwell

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's just jaw-droppingly good 1v1. He shuts down world class attackers with ease. I can't wait to watch him again.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

What a commanding all around performance
0:58 and 1:03 are what I am very excited about. We all know he is godly with his tackling talent but seeing him finally develop his dribbling ability will elevate him to a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.