Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He's just jaw-droppingly good 1v1. He shuts down world class attackers with ease. I can't wait to watch him again.
Exactly, which i feel is being really underrated by some here. I've constantly seen hes not worth the fee we paid for him because hes not a "modern" fullback who can swing in Beckhamesque crosses all game, but being able to completely shut down the opponents wing is incredibly valuable as well.

Sterling for example is incredibly dangerous when he gets time and space on the ball. If he faced Young or Valencia on Sunday, chances are that game ends 2-3 rather than 2-0.

Also, if you think a bit further ahead, being THAT good 1v1 adds a lot of attacking value as well. AWB basically shutting down the opponent winger means he needs support from either the fullback or a midfielder to get around him. That means the opponent have left space behind which we can exploit on the counter.

No offense to Dan James, but i think if we had a better RW this year we would have exploited that space better and done better both in terms of goals and points haul

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
0:58 and 1:03 are what I am very excited about. We all know he is godly with his tackling talent but seeing him finally develop his dribbling ability will elevate him to a whole new level.
He was always good dribbler, last season he completed more dribbles than any FB (both RB and LB) in PL.

He lacks confidence to put more crosses, that's his biggest weakness, when he crosses the ball, usually they are good ones.

Jules_T

Where do I find stats about running speed? I'm sure I saw an amazing top speed flash up on TV for AWB during this game.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Where do I find stats about running speed? I'm sure I saw an amazing top speed flash up on TV for AWB during this game.
We dont have any site that shows the speed. Usually it will be posted by ManUtd youtube or in MOTD analysis/Sky analysis.

A-man

Most of those 19 times he was dribbled past he probably recovered to win the tackle anyway. People diminish defending by a full back in the modern game but it's incredible to watch. AWB is the only player in the word I would pay money to watch defend.
I think every failed tackle also is noted as dribbled past, so some of those 19 are probably failed tackles.

Tarrou

I can't find the clip but did anyone else notice a woman scream in the crowd when he did that little shimmy to nip past two players in one movement?

it honestly wasn't far off my own reaction at the time :lol:

edit found it: 1:07

Godfather

I can't find the clip but did anyone else notice a woman scream in the crowd when he did that little shimmy to nip past two players in one movement?

That was grand and what a move from him. He needs to stay composed in these situtions though his final ball lets him down too often.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Anyone noticed how he doesn't show emotions during the game? He does perfect tackle and his reaction is like he made simple one yard pass. He is ice cold fecker. If i am the coach i would never put my best attacker on his side.
Guardiola fecked up there. It was better to put some false roaming winger/playmaker ( Silva or Foden) there than wingers whos main game is to try to beat full back ( Sterling, Mahrez).

I admit that i don't like his attacking game but man, in defence he is best full back in the world.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Richly deserved to be fair, it was amazing to see.

Member 39557

They should resurrect the old Notts Forest Des Walker chant for him. "You'll never beat Bissaka"

Havak

Pokemon master
He's just so incredibly good defensively that I can forgive the not-so-great ability at getting forward. Hopefully, he can add a few more assists when we get even better as a team, he has two so far but just a couple more for this season would be amazing.

I think it'll be less noticeable and perhaps has been in the last few games now that Bruno is here and even more-so when Rashford is back (and then again more-so if we signed a good right-sided attacking player). With the balance in our side, it's quite possible that our right forward wouldn't need to track back as much as Wan-Bissaka is so good one-on-one and is usually quickly aided by McTominay or Fred when the play switches.

TrustInOle

I wouldn't want him to play like this for United, but does anyone think if England set up like they did in the World Cup AWB could be the RCB in a three? Walker played there and did pretty well and it would allow you to play both AWB and TAA. This could allow us to play split strikers up top with two of Rashfrod, Sancho and Sterling as Kane will probably be out.
----------------------Hendo--------------
-------AWB ------Maguire --Gomez------
TAA--------------------------------------------Chilwell
Replace Gomez with Shaw and we are laughing.

Sylar

Might seem odd, but having Dalot back (and being able to rest AWB even if minimally eg like vs Derby) has helped AWB. It seemed like he was playing every minute of every game and it was way too much. Now it seems hes getting some rest / recovery time too.

Hes defo improved his output going forward in this half of the season. Probably helps we arent just relying on him to get the ball into the box as well.

SAFMUTD

Some may prefer a TAA type of right back because of what they contribute in attack, and I agree that against lower opposition attacking fullbacks are really helpful to open up defenses but against top opposition I'll choose AWB every single time. He's excelent, probably the best defensive fullback I've seen in my life. He makes it look so easy to totally shut down worldclass wingers such as Sterling and Mahrez its quite something.

Every one on one challenge against those type of wingers puts anyone nervous but not us, we got Aaron freaking Wan Bissaka!

Rolaholic

He gets so much stick regarding his forward play but I personally love his game.

Really brings a genuine fear factor to anyone he's matched up against where they know they'll be in for a long day trying to get anything in attack against him.

His forward play has also improved a lot the past month or 2 and he's still just 22. He's got plenty of time to get better on that front and he's a former winger so he's got all the tools for it but you can't really teach his rock solid defensive ability.

He'd be considered one of the finest FB's in the world a decade ago but due to the wingback/attack oriented FB craze his strength gets underrated.

Still fully confident that he'll prove his critics wrong when it comes to the other part of the pitch especially once we bring in a decent threat at RW.

Nick7

He's immense. Quite a good crossed as well compared to our other full backs. I think he would thrive with a top right winger ahead of him that could occupy the opposing full backs thoughts.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

He gets so much regarding his forward play but I personally love his game.

Really bring a genuine fear factor to antone he's matched up against where they know they'll be in for a long day trying to get anything in attack against him.

His forward play has also improved a lot the past month or 2 and he's still just 22. He's got plenty of time to get better on that front and he's a former winger so he's got all the tools for it but you can't really teach his rock solid defensive ability.

He'd be considered one of the finest FB's in the world a decade ago but due to the wingback/attack oriented FB craze his strength gets underrated.

Still fully confident that he'll prove his critics wrong when it comes to the other part of the pitch especially once we bring in a decent threat at RW.
Couldn't agree more. Found it weird that after a couple of months we had posters claiming that we should just play Laird because he's much better because of his attacking talent. And that AWB would never get to Laird's level. Might not and I'm so happy that we have two talented RBs at the club as long as Laird gets rid of his injuries, but AWB has a great foundation to become a world class full-back/wing-back. He's still young and now that he obviously feels more comfortable at the club and especially when playing as a WB, he is already (he's still been at the club for less than a season, which is not much) starting to show his attacking game.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Couldn't agree more. Found it weird that after a couple of months we had posters claiming that we should just play Laird because he's much better because of his attacking talent. And that AWB would never get to Laird's level. Might not and I'm so happy that we have two talented RBs at the club as long as Laird gets rid of his injuries, but AWB has a great foundation to become a world class full-back/wing-back. He's still young and now that he obviously feels more comfortable at the club and especially when playing as a WB, he is already (he's still been at the club for less than a season, which is not much) starting to show his attacking game.
I never watched Laird ( except against Astana). Is he really that good? Better than Dalot?

tjb

He's getting good offensively, give him time and he will really be a threat from that position in attack. Defensively, there's no right back better in England. He may never be great offensively, but if we can sign a right winger with creative prowess in that role, he can simply support as opposed to being the sole proprietor of our right flank. We need to do better at masking his single weakness.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I never watched Laird ( except against Astana). Is he really that good? Better than Dalot?
He's really talented, no doubt about that. Strong and athletic, can run up and down that right hand side all night long and he's actually very good in and around the box, whether it's crossing, dribbling or even finishing. Solid defensively as well. If he stays injury free I'd expect him to get a proper chance in Carabao Cup etc., but he needs to get fit and a run of games with the U23s before he can dream of challenging in the first team, I'd say. Depends of course what we do with Dalot, who (at 21 in 8 days) still is very young and talented as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Shaw and Rashford on the left isn’t too shabby either.
absolutely. I think Bruno is the player that’s brought it all together but the recruitment from Fred to Bruno has been spot on. Hats off to whoever is pushing for us to sign these players recently. I have faith we will get sancho and Bellingham and we should have a scary team and a great platform to build upon again over the next few years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That move on 37sec of that video is pure gold. He's really improving his attacking game. For the price we paid he is an absolute steal.

Also, why aren't we using Palace's AWB tune, it's brilliant.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Reminds me of the Highbury screamer

Rolaholic

It's really shown the last few weeks, bless you Carrick :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.