Position: Defender - Right-Back
Foot: Right
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Contract option: Club Option 1 year​

Last edited:

Chillosophy

Cant wait to see Smashley Young with the armband bombing down our right flank.

Really hope to be proven wrong, I think AWB is going to be a long-time servant of ours.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Really hope he shows he’s worth the 50m outlay.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No Ashley Young — thank feck for that.

atkar83

Hope he makes RB his home. We haven't had any consistency there since Rafael was shipped off. We honestly haven't had a threat at that spot since Rafael left, and teams know this and leave it open for Young, Damian and Valencia do diddly squat with the room.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Quality signing in an area that we desperately need it. Hope the fans give him time to grow.

Based Adnan

As long as he passes to a red shirt and doesn't moan at his teammates after he himself makes a mistake then it's a big upgrade

R'hllor

Cant wait to see him looking like prime Cafu out there for first few games.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It’s already preseason training and he’s done absolutely nothing of note so far. Pointless signing.

LingiBW

Only time will tell if we have a gem in our hands. So many players have come in and not turned out how we hoped as fans.

Can only ask that him and Dalot push each and may the best man secure the RB spot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's obviously "only" training, but he looks great! really excited about him.

Coops73

Looking forward to seeing him this season, couldn’t give a shit what he cost, I think he could be a really good signing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He does look a bit green playing so high up the pitch, clearly not used to that at CP. Looks class defensively though. Just needs more experience further up the pitch. He's going to be quality for us.

M16Red

Made a tackle in the centre circle that seem to defy gravity.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh, he looks fine on the ball ability wise. Just a matter of learning when and where to run which is much easier to learn than actually not having enough ability on the ball which was the worry.

berbasloth4

i know its only perth and a friendly but Maldini once said in an interview if he has to make a sliding tackle it means he hasnt done his job right - meaning hes out of position or read the game wrong.

wan bissaka seems to defend like that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looks good value

Nick7

i know its only perth and a friendly but Maldini once said in an interview if he has to make a sliding tackle it means he hasnt done his job right - meaning hes out of position or read the game wrong.

That's fine for centre backs, they should rarely if ever slide tackle. AWB's positioning is very good. Modern wingers will always drive past full backs sometimes necessitating sliding tackles.

KennyBurner

Different styles of defending. Also because maldini said it doesn't make it the blueprint.

el3mel

Unbelievable defender as we expected. Need to his offensive side more the upcoming games though.

AKDevil

I've thought that but I'm leaning towards thinking that is just his style, with his long legs which he often talks about. Also, he's a clean tackler so it's not like it's desperate defending, just something he is good at, reading the game and timing interceptions. Alternatively, the option is a Shaw-type defender who never makes slide tackles but then allows loads of crosses into the box from his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.