Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Very welcome signing. Tuanzebe and if not then Smalling next to him will be impossible to drible past. Strength, pace, aggressiveness is very important to our style and he fits perfectly next to our right sided CB. We haven't had a good RB since forever, he might actually prove to lift the whole defence as a result. Looking forward to it.

He also looks clever enough on the ball to evolve offensively. He is just what we needed.

Alabaster Codify7

I can see AWB being my favourite player by the end of August. He has next to no competition to be honest, so it shouldn't be difficult. I dislike the majority of this squad. Defensively the kid is a monster, huge upgrade at RB.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No reason to have any doubts about him defensively, or to generally be an improvement at RB.

Curious to see how he performs in terms of attacking potential.

settembrini

He's so good. Couldn't believe what I was reading in the summer when people didn't want us to buy him because 'Meunier is a bit cheaper' or 'Laird has done well in the under-18s'.

passing-wind

He's so good. Couldn't believe what I was reading in the summer when people didn't want us to buy him because 'Meunier is a bit cheaper' or 'Laird has done well in the under-18s'.
Coincidentally these are the same type of people to stall a player purchase like De Ligt in favour of a Paddy McNair or Tyler Blackett. Sometimes the opinions on here are ridiculous.

Dante

Average bang
i know its only perth and a friendly but Maldini once said in an interview if he has to make a sliding tackle it means he hasnt done his job right - meaning hes out of position or read the game wrong.

wan bissaka seems to defend like that.
Only true if you're shit at tackling.

That's like saying that long passing is ineffective because it's the same as hoofball. That's only true if you're bad at it...

AWB is the best tackler in Europe. When you can win the ball 92% of the time, it's not the gamble that Maldini is insinuating.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No one gets past him. Can we call him Wall-Bissaka?

Matt007a

Plays to his strengths very well. He’s obviously excellent in the tackle so he backs off and waits for the winger to knock the ball past him, knowing he can turn on the pace and slide in.

He also looked happy to get forward. Maybe a bit raw technically but there’s plenty of room to improve and I’m sure he will. Massive upgrade on Young.

SATA

He is miles better than Dalot defensively that it is not even funny. Even going forward AWB looks bright and comfortable on the ball. I don't know how Dalot is going into the team other than the right wing

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is a machine, his tacking is ridiculously good. He is also good on the ball, hopefully he will grow in confidence and takes bit more risks in final third.

berbasloth4

Maldini only got 11 assists in his entire career. AWB is already a better attacker, tbf.
i am old fashioned i like my full backs to be good defenders more than good attackers. this is probably the first rb we have had since neville and brown who are better defenders than getting forward.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
i am old fashioned i like my full backs to be good defenders more than good attackers. this is probably the first rb we have had since neville and brown who are better defenders than getting forward.
He'll certainly be an asset to our leaky defence.

Andersons Dietician

I quite like at the start of the 2nd half I’m pretty sure Pogba was having a conversation with him telling him to get forward and that Pogba would get him the ball. Couple of times I would have hoped to see him attacking the space a bit more but he was hanging back but it’s pre- season so they are probably holding back a little bit back however defensively he had some awesome tackles where normally you wouldn’t think anyone could get the ball but somehow he got his leg around just enough.

Welbeckham

I became a fan the day he first played against us for Palace. So happy to have him.

Raven

Rafael was brilliant, I remember him pocketing Bale and other world class wingers on more than one occasion.

Smores

I thought he actually did alright going forward today certainly more comfortable than Valencia although that is a low benchmark admittedly.

I don't think we need him to be racking up the assists as long as he's involved in the build up and can be an option to pass wide and spread the play.

MAME DIOUF 32

He just looks like a total natural. Will be interesting to see how his attacking play measures up against better opponents.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Think it'll come but needs to drive forward more when the winger goes inside and hold the width. Has all the tools though.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Looked good from what I saw today. While it wasn't the best opposition, he looked very good with tackles and decent going forward.

KennyBurner

:lol:
This place at times
He is right though. What we saw today we already know about. What we really want to see is how he performs in a much different setup. I personally am watching out for how he performs further up the pitch against decent sides. He will also have to cover more ground now that he is in an attacking side.

Regardless I’m very confident we have a solid RB for the next decade but still I’m itching to see more of what he has to offer.

sillwuka

He impressed me today.

Didn't do a huge amount offensively but seemed confident dribbling up the field and seemed like he could easily beat a man at will. He'll be fan favourite in no time.

haram

It’s hilarious how good he is at defending and tackling considering he only recently became a RB :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s hilarious how good he is at defending and tackling considering he only recently became a RB :lol:
He's absolutely ridiculous, it'll be nice going into the season with two full backs who are very sound defensively.

haram

He's absolutely ridiculous, it'll be nice going into the season with two full backs who are very sound defensively.
Yeah, and despite what they lack in terms of delivery, I think they can both be good in build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.