Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Always does I think, could very well end up a centre half, an excellent defender but less effective going forward.
A non-existence attacking sense and ability. Might as well play Tuanzebe there, which is also a better passer.
Every big teams have two attacking fullbacks, and we have none. Which is sad to see.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A non-existence attacking sense and ability. Might as well play Tuanzebe there, which is also a better passer.
Every big teams have two attacking fullbacks, and we have none. Which is sad to see.
If Lindelof didn't need his hand holding all game you might be able to comment on his attacking ability but as things stand he doesn't have the chance to show anything anyway.

Teja

Rock solid defensively. IMO It's fine if he's not that great on offense, we should find a tactical solution to the problem instead of trying to force him to be a wing back.

Maybe have him tuck in to CM / DM Guardiola style on offense and have the RCM move wider.

cyberman

Liverpool do but who else? Walker is worse going forward and he's been a starter for Pep.
Having two attacking FB has become a bit of a myth thanks to Klopp. Zidane dominated CL with Carvajal as a RB fot example. All of Barcas attack goes down the left hand side. Juve straight up sold Cancelo..

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His defensive anticipation and reading of flight of ball is phenomenal. He trusts his initial positioning, but can change directions with his quick reading, long legs with great reactions as well. Awesome player!

lysglimt

Scout
His defensive anticipation and reading of flight of ball is phenomenal. He trusts his initial positioning, but can change directions with his quick reading, long legs with great reactions as well. Awesome player!
He is the quickest defender I have ever seen - his acceleration is beyond insane!

NinjaFletch

Liverpool do but who else? Walker is worse going forward and he's been a starter for Pep.
Having two attacking FB has become a bit of a myth thanks to Klopp. Zidane dominated CL with Carvajal as a RB fot example. All of Barcas attack goes down the left hand side. Juve straight up sold Cancelo..
Yeah, I think it's fine as long as one of them is an attacking player. The problem is we have Shaw on the other side, who I think is very weak going forward by the standards of a modern player. I don't think that's that much of a problem going forward, because I think Shaw's injury record and performance level make him vulnerable anyway, but it's something we do need to address at left-back if Wan-Bissaka continues to nail down the right back spot.

Alabaster Codify7

He was great today, but that Hernandez came on and gave him a few nightmares didn't he. He was a handful, him.

AWB is regularly 8/10 for us since signing, which is what I expect from a first team mainstay week in, week out, no excuses. Awesome signing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is the quickest defender I have ever seen - his acceleration is beyond insane!
Yeah he is really quick, especially for his size and he's has got a defenders brain too. A lot of quick fullbacks but not with his combo of acceleration and to apply it with his defensive instincts is what makes it special.

I also likes that he never hides and always gets right into the action, he makes a decent amount of mistakes each game but it is countered by the effective style he has. He more than makes up for it, and usually rights his own wrongs too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
MOTM for me, excellent defensively and also good link up play in the other half. That tackle when he was last man near the half line was just awesome.

Prodigy24

It's probably been said already but what a player. Absolutely immense, especially in the second half. Definitely my MOTM tonight!

Litch

Scary thing is this lad hasn't had two full seasons at RB and is still learning the position.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Carvajal is pretty good going forward to be honest.

Skills

Snitch
Eh? Carvajal's great going forward.

Ace of Spades

Our RB position is looking very strong for the future. AWB is a wall, and we still have Dalot and then Laird in the academy.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Two really good right backs albeit with different style in one game. Wan Bissaka was excellent defensively and Aarons ran circles around Young.

cyberman

Eh? Carvajal's great going forward.
He's decent but he's not an attacking FB. Hes a RB who can support the play.
All of Madrids play leaned on their left side through Marcelo and Ronaldo.
I can only see Liverpool who have two FB who just go at teams. Pep even had Delph as a fullback during the best run of form.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This guy has given me the hope in Shaw.

Knowing how good Wan Bissaka is defensively - I'd actually really like to see Wan Bissaka and Shaw be some ultra defensive fullbacks that possibly instead allow us to attack centrally with 3 Ball Playing defenders? Let the attack come from the centre.

That could be gorgeous to watch.

dablem_10

This guy has given me the hope in Shaw.

Knowing how good Wan Bissaka is defensively - I'd actually really like to see Wan Bissaka and Shaw be some ultra defensive fullbacks that possibly instead allow us to attack centrally with 3 Ball Playing defenders? Let the attack come from the centre.

That could be gorgeous to watch.
what would be positives? why do you think attacking centrally without any width is good way? does anybody implemented this tactics and be sucessful?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's decent but he's not an attacking FB. Hes a RB who can support the play.
All of Madrixs play leaned on their left side tbrough Marcelo and Ronaldo.
I can only see Liverpool who have two FB who just go at teams. Pep even had Delph as a fullback during the best run of form.
PSG, Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Spurs, Madrid, Juventus (they even play a winger, Cuadrado, as WB), etc.

If Carvajal is only decent on attacking, what would say about AWB? :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
what would be positives? why do you think attacking centrally without any width is good way? does anybody implemented this tactics and be sucessful?
Well currently Sheffield are doing well with 3 at the back and having 3 overlapping CB's.

Consider this - alot of people have already talked about Wan Bissaka as a RCB but also Shaw as LCB.

Now imagine that they play very defensive and compact - but allowing the CB's to dribble the ball forward and interchange the ball between them.

What that would do is have 3 ball playing CB's to potentially play the ball in to the best channels for our wider forwards to get in to.

Our forwards are dribblers anyway and they need quick passes in between the lines to use their abilities - crosses from fullbacks does help but not as much as potentially 3 Ball Playing defenders having an attacking freedom to play in to 3 wider channels; especially on a counter where Wan Bissaka or Shaw break an attack and pass it back to the ball players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's no getting away from the fact he's a tremendous defender but I think he's getting too much of a free ride for his attacking play (or lack of) from many on here. Same isn't afforded to other fullbacks at the club.

Going forwards we need to add better width and quality outwide because this guy, as great as he is at the back, just won't create much at all. It's just not his game.

Luke Shaw is not much better going forwards either. It's a huge issue for us.

eire-red

Let's remember he's only 21. Would much rather him needing to learn the attacking intricacies of the game with time than the defensive ones. He's a defender first and foremost, and he's brilliant at defending. We should be judging him mainly on his defensive contributions, which are immense.

Attacking wise, of course he can improve. I think he can definitely improve on his crossing and link up play, and if he manages that then he'll be a force for us for the next 10 years. 50m is a bargain for this guy, love him to bits already

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was great today, but that Hernandez came on and gave him a few nightmares didn't he. He was a handful, him.

AWB is regularly 8/10 for us since signing, which is what I expect from a first team mainstay week in, week out, no excuses. Awesome signing.
? Didn’t get passed him once that I can remember. The guy huffed and puffed but AWB shut him down many times

Dante

Average bang
He loses his runner in the box at least once or twice every game. It's the only weakness in his defensive game, but one he really needs to work on.

Other than that, he's probably the best 1 v 1 defender I've ever seen at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.