Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rish Sawhney

The under-looked fact is that he creates so many counter attacking opportunities when he wins the ball against the grain of play. There is a need for better quality at left back but that has nothing to do with Wan Bissaka's contribution to attack.
Unfortunately he also causes a lot of counter attacks on us when he meanders up the field and just loses it. Its like watching Valencia but with even worse crossing. Don't get we wrong I love his tacking, but he needs to show more than just that to be successful here long term.

Shimo

It's mind boggling how good he is defensively. Valencia I think was a beast himself for a couple years, very rarely got beat one on one but, AWB is even at a higher level already.

But, absolutely needs coaching to turn him into a complete modern day fullback. He was a winger/forward and can see that in some of his dribbling ability, so he has a good base for an attacking fullback but, he needs to be given a bit more of license to go at opposing player when on one one higher up the pitch. He so often gets in good positions to either get an early cross in or just at least take on the player and get a ball across but, he seems to hesitate a lot. Not sure if that's something he is being told to do to retain possession or something else.

Still some things to improve on but, my he is some RB, glad we splunked the money.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Unfortunately he also causes a lot of counter attacks on us when he meanders up the field and just loses it. Its like watching Valencia but with even worse crossing. Don't get we wrong I love his tacking, but he needs to show more than just that to be successful here long term.
This is bullshit. He doesn't lose the ball egregiously often and if anything he is guilty of being too conservative with his passing.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Where are you getting lost?

If we have a better wide right attacker there’ll be less pressure on AWB to deliver an attacking threat, which he isn’t entirely up to. Making his lack of attacking threat less of an issue.

If we have a better wide right attacker our right side will perform better than it currently does.
You only see it on what is best to accommodate AWB.

Attacking wise, is it better for the winger and the team to have AWB or TAA type?

Rish Sawhney

This is bullshit. He doesn't lose the ball egregiously often and if anything he is guilty of being too conservative with his passing.
He's too conservative because he's misses the windows where passes are open by holding on to it too long. He then either ends up passing backwards
(which gives me Valencia deja vu) or tries to dribble and cross (where he either looses the ball or ends up putting a fairly bad cross in which is cleared straight away and we get countered).

Its not a big issue as he's still young and he's usually pretty good in his recovery tackles but at some point he's gonna have to improve in that regard.

He'sRaldo

TAA is helped by having Henderson or other similar midfielders helping him out on his flank.

In the same vein, I wouldn't mind putting Pogba next to AWB and as they might complement each other quite nicely, and hide each other's flaws. Especially if Dan James also plays on the right.

Last edited:

DVG7

I think you might be being a tad harsh here. The only way Wan Bissaka would cause a counter attack to happen against him is on purpose, because he hasn’t had a good slide tackle in a while and he’s getting bored.

Seriously though, his forward play comes under a little bit too much scrutiny and it’s not that bad. His issue is Trent Alexander Arnold, who offers more going forward right now than any other right back in the world, and I’m thinking that TAA performances and attacking output may be clouding your judgement of what’s reasonable to expect from AWB.

without any doubt, he will be a mainstay in our team for the next five years. He’s a fan favourite already and his energy and commitment embody what playing for man united is all about in the eyes of a lot of the fans. He’s still young, and I’m sure the coaching team are working on the attacking elements of his game, the same way the Liverpool coaches are probably trying to help TAA become as good defensively as AWB.

Rish Sawhney

I think you might be being a tad harsh here. The only way Wan Bissaka would cause a counter attack to happen against him is on purpose, because he hasn’t had a good slide tackle in a while and he’s getting bored.

Seriously though, his forward play comes under a little bit too much scrutiny and it’s not that bad. His issue is Trent Alexander Arnold, who offers more going forward right now than any other right back in the world, and I’m thinking that TAA performances and attacking output may be clouding your judgement of what’s reasonable to expect from AWB.

without any doubt, he will be a mainstay in our team for the next five years. He’s a fan favourite already and his energy and commitment embody what playing for man united is all about in the eyes of a lot of the fans. He’s still young, and I’m sure the coaching team are working on the attacking elements of his game, the same way the Liverpool coaches are probably trying to help TAA become as good defensively as AWB.
I know I am being harsh. But honestly I miss the days of Rafael who was a legitimate threat going forward. And am baffled how professional players cannot put a decent cross in at least.

GarrinchaNZ

What a buy! What a player! Great business getting him. It's been some time since I got excited watching a player of his class and potential. It's been an even longer time since I have become this excited about our defense!
Outstanding tackler, with power and pace to burn. Very much the unfinished player, but what potential!

DVG7

I know I am being harsh. But honestly I miss the days of Rafael who was a legitimate threat going forward. And am baffled how professional players cannot put a decent cross in at least.
Yeah especially when you see the deliveries of players like Tierney and Alexander-Arnold, they've obviously spent a lot of time working on delivering crosses with pace, and i'd say the crosses are more directed into an area as opposed to at a specific player. The players just know where the cross is going to go.

So on the flip side of that, if you have a look at our players movement in the box, it looks very much like they are waiting for the cross to come to them as opposed to moving towards where they think the cross might go. A great striker can turn a poor cross into a great one with movement. Ronaldo is probably one of the best of all time at this, and his overhead kick versus juventus is one example. Just before Carvajal crosses it, you can see Ronaldo move towards the space he knows the ball is likely to end up. He's basically appreciating and interpreting Carvajal's limitations, and adjusting his movement accordingly. I think seeing how he can analyze ball movement like this;

shows that it is possible for our strikers to start making more of what appears to be poor delivery.

Rish Sawhney

Yeah especially when you see the deliveries of players like Tierney and Alexander-Arnold, they've obviously spent a lot of time working on delivering crosses with pace, and i'd say the crosses are more directed into an area as opposed to at a specific player. The players just know where the cross is going to go.

So on the flip side of that, if you have a look at our players movement in the box, it looks very much like they are waiting for the cross to come to them as opposed to moving towards where they think the cross might go. A great striker can turn a poor cross into a great one with movement. Ronaldo is probably one of the best of all time at this, and his overhead kick versus juventus is one example. Just before Carvajal crosses it, you can see Ronaldo move towards the space he knows the ball is likely to end up. He's basically appreciating and interpreting Carvajal's limitations, and adjusting his movement accordingly. I think seeing how he can analyze ball movement like this;

shows that it is possible for our strikers to start making more of what appears to be poor delivery.
Not when it’s either hitting the first man or just going out the opposite side for a throw in, which is what tends to happen with us a lot.

Raw

I honestly can't believe how good he's been for us. I'm so used to players coming here and flopping but he's just been an instant hit.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Darmian :nervous:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's ridiculous defensively, it's like teams don't bother attacking his side anymore :lol:
If he can improve going forward he's going to be one of the best RBs in the world.

sillwuka

Knew they couldn't breach his side so they tried down the left most of the game.

Fantastic player and his short passing and composure is better than I thought.

RedIan

Just a great player. Solid as a rock. He read a dangerous cross into the box and was across in a flash to clear it beating several players much closer... so read the danger well.

Bwuk

I've said it a few times, I think AWB would be an excellent #6.

He's just so solid in the tackle and hard to go past.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

He's not good enough on the ball to play in the middle of the park. He's a very good RB, and could turn out to be an excellent one if he improves his attacking play.

Fantastic signing in any case and has solidified our defense hugely.

Bwuk

He's not good enough on the ball to play in the middle of the park. He's a very good RB, and could turn out to be an excellent one if he improves his attacking play.

Fantastic signing in any case and has solidified our defense hugely.
Games changed - teams attack more and more with their full backs. McTominay box to box, AWB as a #6 would be great imo.

MetoTTT

Games changed - teams attack more and more with their full backs. McTominay box to box, AWB as a #6 would be great imo.
We were crying for a good RB for years. Now we have finally a very good RB who could be even better and you want him play as a #6. Come on!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Let him progress instead of calling him the best one out there. The guy has been massive for us so far and fingers crossed it continues. There's a big space between 'Darmian mkII' as someone has labelled him on here and the best (defensive) RB in the world. As it stands he's good enough for where United should aspire to be, which is a great start as we don't have many of those in the first 11.

MS4

I like the transfers of Ole.
Damn. Imagine he gets another 3 that are spot on like these.

Mickson

Very good right back. Really not a very good wing back. He won't be much use if we stick with a 3-5-2.
He should play in the back three then, not as wing-back.

AWB - Maguire - Tuanzebe. It would be an excellent back three. Add that Rojo and Lindelof are pretty solid in a back three as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was so good going forward in the first half. Numberous times he got us in behind with a nice little pass down the side for Lingard.

Defensively, i'm just astounded every time. He and Mctominay were just snuffing out everything down that right side.

We knew that though, but for people that said his link up play was poor, he's getting better and better every match. Looks super confident right now.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Let him progress instead of calling him the best one out there. The guy has been massive for us so far and fingers crossed it continues. There's a big space between 'Darmian mkII' as someone has labelled him on here and the best (defensive) RB in the world. As it stands he's good enough for where United should aspire to be, which is a great start as we don't have many of those in the first 11.
I’m going to be bold and say what we say on here will have zero effect on how use progresses. I genuinely can’t think of a RB better at defending. Can you?

romufc

Love our fans. Cried all last year about not having a right back. The club go buy the best young right back available now the fans want a positional change to one he has never played.

So you want to go back to Young at RB?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I’m going to be bold and say what we say on here will have zero effect on how use progresses. I genuinely can’t think of a RB better at defending. Can you?
Some will say social media have zero effect on players when they hype every new goat. I may be overly cautious but the history with our young players lately makes me just stop labelling people and let them progress. The only way from hyping him is down when he hits a rough patch. You must know that since you've been on the Caf long enough.

And no, my knowledge isn't sufficient enough to compare Wan-Bissaka defending with the other full-backs out there but I know that the best ones have earned their reputation throughout the years mostly. If you ask me do I want to replace him with anyone then I say no. The potential is huge.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Some will say social media have zero effect on players when they hype every new goat. I may be overly cautious but the history with our young players lately makes me just stop labelling people and let them progress. The only way from hyping him is down when he hits a rough patch. You must know that since you've been on the Caf long enough.

And no, my knowledge isn't sufficient enough to compare Wan-Bissaka defending with the other full-backs out there but I know that the best ones have earned their reputation throughout the years mostly. If you ask me do I want to replace him with anyone then I say no. The potential is huge.
Then that’s all there is to it. Calling him the best defensive fullback in world football on an Internet forum will have absolutely no effect on his progression whatsoever. Collectively, I imagine this place has a pretty comprehensive knowledge of the top leagues across the globe, and so far no one has been able to offer an alternative.

Anyway, we’re both really chuffed with how he has been performing. Long may it continue!

Bwuk

Love our fans. Cried all last year about not having a right back. The club go buy the best young right back available now the fans want a positional change to one he has never played.

So you want to go back to Young at RB?
We were crying for a good RB for years. Now we have finally a very good RB who could be even better and you want him play as a #6. Come on!
:rolleyes:

I never said I want him to play at #6 - I said I think he'd make an excellent #6.

We obviously don't have the depth to even consider it.

romufc

:rolleyes:

I never said I want him to play at #6 - I said I think he'd make an excellent #6.

We obviously don't have the depth to even consider it.
But he makes an even better RB. he does not have the passing abilities to play #6.

He is possibly the player i have the least concern with in any position on the pitch. He does exactly what is expected of him.

AKDevil

we need five more players all to be first 11 quality and we’ll have something. If he has same success rate we should have them by next summer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The problem is after Jose's first season having won 2 trophies all 4 of his signings were looking great (even Mkhitaryan) so lets give these players at least 2 years before we get too carried away with the praise

That being said AWB is quite obviously the best RB in the world :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.