Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Would be so, so good if he didn't learn to dribble from Lukaku's playbook of tripping over the ball when attempting 'stepovers'. He often gets the ball in advanced positions, if he could learn to beat his man he will be world class.

el3mel

That was his worst game for us today. Night and day difference from his performance at Etihad one month ago when we won 2-1.

Bwuk

If we stick with a back 3 I’d rather give Dalot a shot.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Many of us told you so. Never good enough on the ball for a big club. Another 50m wasted.

Andersons Dietician

He has looked shattered for a few weeks now and clearly needs a rest, but I really don’t see where he is gonna get it.

On his dribbiling it’s mental how many times he seems to get the ball stuck underneath him but kinda dig it out and go past someone by sheer force of will. Just seems to be struggling a bit more due to looking exhausted.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He is a one man right wing, and its not his game. Bizarre tactics,

Not keen on criticising the bloke as the raw talent is there.

TrustInOle

I'll give everyone else 6 - 12 months to realise this.
He is 22 years old and already the best defensive full back in the league. Give the kid time and his attacking ability will grow. People going on like we bought a fully established star. Kids got a very bright future.

Dinghy

He has looked shattered for a few weeks now and clearly needs a rest, but I really don’t see where he is gonna get it.

On his dribbiling it’s mental how many times he seems to get the ball stuck underneath him but kinda dig it out and go past someone by sheer force of will. Just seems to be struggling a bit more due to looking exhausted.
He just had a rest, and he'll get two more weeks after the Wolves-game.

MS4

I'll give everyone else 6 - 12 months to realise this.
Are you out of your mind?
he was already great for Palace and will be even greater for us
I am really curious who you rate. At this rate you want to kick out all 25 players we have

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Are you out of your mind?
he was already great for Palace and will be even greater for us
I am really curious who you rate. At this rate you want to kick out all 25 players we have
The point is we spent 50m on a full back that is pretty useless with the ball at his feet.

Are you all telling me that for 50m we couldn't find a full back better suited to the needs of the team? And the need is an attacking outlet down the right.

He doesn't even have the engine to get up and down the pitch to provide width and stretch the play without looking like he is blowing out his arse.

Happy to be proven wrong but it won't be long until everyone is asking for an upgrade at right back.

Lots of posters here warned against this from watching him at Palace, so it's not like it's a shock when he comes to United and struggles with the attacking side of the game.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Not really seen this mentioned much but I've been thinking for a while now.
'Best defensive full back in the league'
'Not great going forward'

Would this guy not make a very good CB?
I think the lad is comfortable enough on the ball, more than enough for what a CB would need. Very quick. Great recovery. Playing centre back requires no real creativity from wing play. I've not seen enough of his heading ability to know how good he is, but this guy is hard to get passed, and we're lacking pace at CB

Suedesi

Tackle, gives the ball away, tackle, gets dispossessed, gives ball away, tackle, gives ball away.
He's so bad with the ball it's unreal. I wrote in the match thread that he's an amazing athlete (tackles, pressing, running) but he's not a baller

Suedesi

Not really seen this mentioned much but I've been thinking for a while now.
'Best defensive full back in the league'
'Not great going forward'

Would this guy not make a very good CB?

I think the lad is comfortable enough on the ball, more than enough for what a CB would need. Very quick. Great recovery. Playing centre back requires no real creativity from wing play. I've not seen enough of his heading ability to know how good he is, but this guy is hard to get passed, and we're lacking pace at CB
We've got 7 CBs at the club, and the CAF wants to convert Shaw into an LCB... Now we gotta play AWB as CB as well?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To be fair the only thing that excites me about AWB at CB is because he is just new to RB anyway.

He just got shifted from RW to RB and for him to get shifted to CB then wouldn't be a bad move within 3-4 years if that indicates that he was still finding his position.

Shaw however seems like we are trying fit him in now because Williams is a better LB & Shaw isn't particularly great at anything but good at defending. Wan Bissaka is an exceptional slide tackler though and you could say that he is the best in the world.

Maybe the CB experiment flops - but I'd like to see how it goes. We might just have a defensive version of Bale on our hands that just needs adjustment because he constantly has so many attackers in his pocket with ease.

Dante

Average bang
He's possibly the best 1 v 1 defender I've ever seen. But he's positionally one of the worst fullbacks United have had in years.

But still only 22 and new to the rightback position, so that's to be expected. He needs another year or two to nail down every aspect of the role (including attacking).

He'd be found out at CB way more than he has been at RB.

MadMike

He's possibly the best 1 v 1 defender I've ever seen. But he's positionally one of the worst fullbacks United have had in years.

But still only 22 and new to the rightback position, so that's to be expected. He needs another year or two to nail down every aspect of the role (including attacking).

He'd be found out at CB way more than he has been at RB.
The reason he’s new to the RB position is because he was a RW before that. Not a CB or DM. If he didn’t learn to attack the wing, beat a player and put a cross in as a right winger... I’ll doubt he’ll learn it as a right fullback. Certainly can’t blame his lack of attacking ability to learning a new position, anyway.

I think it’s far more realistic to accept that he might not be all that offensively. And while he might still develop that, it’s an outside chance rather than a realistic expectation.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You guys are lenient. He will not survive a manager who is emphasized on full back plays - like Poch or Tuchel. He is pretty poor on the ball.
I have more confidence in Dalot learning defending than this guy learning attacking.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You guys are lenient. He will not survive a manager who is emphasized on full back plays - like Poch or Tuchel. He is pretty poor on the ball.
I have more confidence in Dalot learning defending than this guy learning attacking.
If Ole goes united really shouldn’t be targeting a manager that can’t set up an attack without attacking fullbacks, else Wan Bissaka will likely be more money down the drain and the playing squad will continue to go in circles.

zenith

He's clearly not an RWB but he's capable of getting forward and has shown in a couple of times this season. Still very much a work in progress with his offensive Game

Zen86

He’s not looked too bad going forward recently, was definitely looking like he was improving that side of his game. Looked a bit clunky with the ball last night though. His touch deserted him somewhat.

Skills

Snitch
If Ole goes united really shouldn’t be targeting a manager that can’t set up an attack without attacking fullbacks, else Wan Bissaka will likely be more money down the drain and the playing squad will continue to go in circles.
Allegri or Simeone it is then. Ole really building this squad up the United way.

Dante

Average bang
100% agree. I've been saying something similar for a while now.

It's why United are in such trouble now. Each move from Moyes to LvG to Mourinho was disastrous. Their philosophies were so different from each other that it's no surprise we're in the shit we're in.

If Ole goes, we should be going for a (better) a manager in a similar mould. United can't carry on buying groups of players and then selling them a couple of years later because the new manger wants to go in the opposite direction. There's been no evolution, only revolution.

Man Utd 0:0 Wolves

mu4c_20le

Typical AWB in attack today, but great engine to create that chance right at the end. Still feel there's a world class player in there waiting to break out

acnumber9

For all the whining done during the game, Wan Bissaka for the second game at Old Trafford in a row created the only chance we had. I’ll worry about whether Wan Bissaka can attack when our forwards prove they can attack.

Jacob

MotM. Can't blame him for holding back on crossed. We have no one that can score at the other end. Ighalo to the rescue.

Litch

I'm worried about this lad as technically I question if he's good enough.....lots of easy passes went wrong....

KeanoMagicHat

His covering on the break is exceptional as his reading going into tackles. Actually think his attacking is improving, far from the problem in the squad. Today it was the forwards that have to be better.

klayton88

What annoys me is fans cheering a last ditch tackle he makes after it was him that gave the ball away in the first place.

LJJT

My biggest concern with him right now is most often he receives the ball wide right with a good opportunity to drive forward and create and most often than not he gives it back to where it came from. He’s young and has potential but he needs this cowardly behaviour other players have teaching out of him ASAP

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That tackle where he covered the left side was cracking. Just blunt in attack again. Needs to make sharper decisions when moving closer to their box.

Devil may care

Created our best chance and made a goal saving challenge, he's doing fine for his first season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.