Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Am I the only one who gets slightly aggravated by his constant casualness during games?
He seems to have 5 minutes here and there where he doesn't track runners and his concentration goes completely.
When he is on it though he is brilliant and is so difficult to get past.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
People associate him with Solskjaer I think. Slight shades of Fellani and Moyes/McTomminay and Mourinho about him. Unfair really because he's been worth every penny. Great signing, especially if he starts adding more assists to his game.
Bingo! I have been suspecting this as well and you made the point with excellent examples. Those players have always attracted the hate reserved for the respective managers who brought them on, with total disregard for their personal attributes, and used as punching bags to get at the manager perceived to have failed as people won't offer the said managers any credit whatsoever.

On topic, given his age and his widely accepted defensive ability, I think he was an excellent acquisition and can only improve further. He is already one of our most consistent performers this season, no doubt about it and he has put in remarkable performances in most games against the top sides. The break must have done him a lot of good. Hopefully he finishes the season just as brightly as he started it.

Rolaholic

Really do love the way he rises to the occasion against the best sides, he was a thorn in the sides of the top 6 last season with Palace and had his best statistical matches against them as well.

We'd be challenging for top honors if more of the squad has the same mentality

Andersons Dietician

I know Bailly’s block was maybe a bit more spectacular but Bissaka put one in just as good last night. Picked himself up from the floor managed to scramble across and get just enough on it. Incredible defending.

Cross was a peach but I don’t get what is with every player we have on the right being obsessed with chopping it back. James and Bissaka have loads of oppertunities to knock it past someone and whip in a cross but feel like they all try the Valencia way too much.

They beat the man just gotta run and whip but for some reason chop let’s go again. I would hate that if I was a forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Peach of a cross, nice bit of football before hand too.

Doing it on a big TV game like that will make people realise he's not completely average at going forward like some say.

Devil may care

It's been clear that he's been trying to up his offensive game and it was great to see him get such a quality assist last night, hopefully the first of many.

Reiver

I thought he was excellent last night. Solid in defence. Glad to see him get the assist. I really like him at wing back - he's got the engine to get up and down the flank, I was impressed with his pressing.

criticalanalysis

Criticism on AWB's attacking contribution are valid but I would like to see a run of games with Baily next to him instead of Victor 'constantly on the back foot and ultimate deferrer' Lindelof.

Man Utd 3:0 Watford

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not much to write about AWB, as he did look visibly tired. But good thing to note about his criminal missed (either shot on goal or a simple pass to Bruno on his left), he was there on the penalty box. It bodes well with recent Ole's comment that Manchester United fullback needs to be able to attack.

KennyBurner

Ive been watching him over the past few games and although hes been good it does seem like hes tired. He doesn't close down as much as he used to at the start of the season. His attempted tackles have also decreased. I dont think we have adequate cover for him if he needed a 2 game rest. Dalot is not a defender. Everything goes past him.

Id like to see williams used as cover on the right to give him a rest because he needs it. Williams is right footed so it shouldn't be a big issue. In todays game the full back role requires the most stamina. Its only right we manage him properly so he can help us finish strong.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ive been watching him over the past few games and although hes been good it does seem like hes tired. He doesn't close down as much as he used to at the start of the season. His attempted tackles have also decreased. I dont think we have adequate cover for him if he needed a 2 game rest. Dalot is not a defender. Everything goes past him.

Id like to see williams used as cover on the right to give him a rest because he needs it. Williams is right footed so it shouldn't be a big issue. In todays game the full back role requires the most stamina. Its only right we manage him properly so he can help us finish strong.
Good post. I think the tiredness aspect is spot on and it could apply to James as well, although a slight difference, James wasn't quite as important to the function the team as Bissaka was initially. We really need Bissaka to maintain form throughout the season, but to me he is still impressively consistent so I'm not too worried either way at the moment. He is a steady 7/10 player, with the odd 9 and the odd 5.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We really do need Dalot or Laird to step up and give this guy a rest every now and again. He's being asked to do a lot of work up and down the flank but then also be back to stop the counter attacks.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
He has been very impressive attacking-wise in the past few games. Reckon Ole did some work during the winter break.

However, although his return looks underwhelming on paper, there is evidence to suggest that it is an area of his game that has been steadily improving, especially in recent weeks

The same is highlighted when looking at the improvements in Wan-Bissaka's Expected Assist (xA) numbers. xA is a metric that measures the likelihood that a given pass will become a goal assist - even if the final ball isn't converted into a goal. It considers several factors including the type of pass, pass end-point, length of pass and is a great tool to assess the creative value of a player.

Across the previous six games, Wan-Bissaka's xA has averaged out at an impressive 0.23, which is a significant increase on his average for the first half of the season of just 0.02.

Of the current Premier League right-backs who have played 1000+ league minutes, only Trent Alexander-Arnold has a higher xA average at 0.33 per 90, however, it is worth noting that his average is dramatically aided by the fact that he takes the bulk of Liverpool's set-pieces.

Wan-Bissaka is settling into life at United and is developing on the pitch week by week. Based on the above evidence, don't be surprised to see him add several more assists to his tally between now and the end of the season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He has been very impressive attacking-wise in the past few games. Reckon Ole did some work during the winter break.
The Burnley game was the one that really made me notice how much he'd been working on his attacking, could've easily had a few assists in the first half if we'd had our shooting boots on.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
The Burnley game was the one that really made me notice how much he'd been working on his attacking, could've easily had a few assists in the first half if we'd had our shooting boots on.
Yea, we were poor at finishing. What irks me is that most of our forward players don't go for simple header/tapins rather looking to run into space inwards and create their own chances (except rashford and maybe martial recently). Ighalo should help with that.

Our lack of proper width play bar james really compounds the issue. Hoping we work on that going forward.

The United

He was pretty shit in defending which is pretty surprising.

As for his attacking play, the less we say the better.

Hawks2008

Give it 2 years and he will be deadwood, no room for a full back as limited as he is in modern game.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Wrong signing. He is excellent full back for midtable club whos main goal is to not concede goal but for big club who wants to play attacking football he is not good. After Everton game part of me wants Valencia back.
Again i repeat, he is not bad player and is excellent defender but he is not modern full back. You don't spend 50 mil on a full back who plays only defence

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was really bad... Just sluggish and making poor decisions.

He's been good of late so probably just tiredness.

The_Midfielder

Wrong signing. He is excellent full back for midtable club whos main goal is to not concede goal but for big club who wants to play attacking team he is not good. After Everton game part of me wants Valencia back.
Again i repeat, he is not bad player and is excellent defender but he is not modern full back. You don't soend 50 mil on a full back who plays only defence
He is a good signing ..

thepolice123

TBF he looks wrecked. No spring his steps, generally labouring across field. I think he has played way too many minutes recently. Definitely needs a rest.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not his day today. Looked tired and slow. Its telling when post-it Leighton Baines is dominating your side of the pitch.

But, in his defence the formation with heavy defensive and offensive responsibility with no real cover either way would never ever work.

The United

People talk about getting a new LB. I think we gotta look at the RB position first. Not that I think AWB is bad. I hope he improves. Dalot is not reliable. We need another RB to compete AWB.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Much like the team, he's all over the place. I really haven't got a solid opinion on him if i'm being honest. He's fairly solid in defence, yet he often times defends very narrowly which allows the attacker to get the cross in; he just doesn't get out there fast enough at times. His attacking output is very average. He can put in the odd good cross, but he's wildly inconsistent doing it.

criticalanalysis

I've defended him a lot and gave benefit of the doubt but it was a pretty brutal performance from AWB. I mean maybe he must be tired and it didn't help we don't have an orthodox wide player in front of him but still.

Valencia-esque moments when he had the ball out wide with time and space. Controls the ball, stutter steps to feint, tries to take the player on and then smashes a cross to the first player. By the time that happens, it's 10 seconds later when it should have been out of his feet and into the box or another player in 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.