Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

He is my POTY. Highly consistent throughout the year. Runs with his socks off. Always available. Unbeatable in his zone. Literally not allowed anyone to pass. Continuously improving his attacking talent, shows he is hungry for more.

Unfortunately underrated. But for me he is no. 1 RB in the world.

wrinklydong

How demoralizing is it to go up against him? I imagine its very mentally and physically exhausting if you play against him competitively and always letting him getting the better of you.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd love to see RW messi against him and see how AWB handles him before Messi retires if possible.

Don't think it will be a problem after CL quarter finals stage either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd love to see RW messi against him and see how AWB handles him before Messi retires if possible.

How would that work? they play on opposite sides. AWB would eat him for breakfast now anyway.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How would that work? they play on opposite sides. AWB would eat him for breakfast now anyway.
Ahh true so would be CF then closest and he doesn't play there neither does he. Just want to see the best dribbler against the best one v one defender.

Yagami

Good post resistant
How demoralizing is it to go up against him? I imagine its very mentally and physically exhausting if you play against him competitively and always letting him getting the better of you.
I wonder what it's like for the boys in training, too. The likes of Rashford and Martial going toe to toe with him week in, week out sounds interesting.

wrinklydong

I wonder what it's like for the boys in training, too. The likes of Rashford and Martial going toe to toe with him week in, week out sounds interesting.
I imagine AWB completely shutting down the boys on the left in training made Ole realised he has to break the bank for Joden Sancho next transfer window to bolster the right flank. In competitive matches i sometimes see the opponent rotating their attackers on the left trying to mix things up but ended up on Youtube compilation all the same.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

One on one he'd do fine against Messi right now. But it's Messi, he can hurt you in so many ways so It's very hard to stop him given his passing and finishing is as good as the best. But yeah I'd love to watch the contest.

Messi in his younger days was unstoppable by a single defender though. AwB would struggle even one on one IMO.

Yagami

Good post resistant
To go with the other two videos above, this is just literally two+ minutes of him owning Sterling

Sterling can't catch a break against us. First, he had de Gea saving every shot under the sun whenever they met, and now he has to deal with this man.

thepolice123

I think he will find Rashford far easier to handle than Martial. Rashford's kick-and-run style is tailor made for his sliding tackles.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Players must have nightmares about him for weeks after they come up against him. He’s showing some encouraging flourishes in attack too, if he can really put it all together next season we will be all the better for it. He’s already so dominant in an incomplete team. It’s almost like he likes to let players go past so just he can really clean them in a slide and has more time to pick his next pass or run. Reads the game very well. Super athlete that never stops running and competing. Class signing! If we stick a serious RW in front of him I think it will be something special.

DRM

He reminds me of Wes brown in that 2007/2008 season when we won the league and CL. Brown was phenomenal at RB. His performance against Barca in the CL was one of the best defensive performances Ive ever seen!

Brightonian

I hope he's sending a note to his respective opposition winger before every game inviting them to star in his upcoming youtube compilation video. He's had some amazing guests on that thing.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I hope he's sending a note to his respective opposition winger before every game inviting them to star in his upcoming youtube compilation video. He's had some amazing guests on that thing.
:lol:

He’s even more amazing the more you watch the YouTube videos.

I honestly can’t remember seeing a fullback make so many amazing tackles and ninja-like interceptions.

Ekeke

He reminds me of Wes brown in that 2007/2008 season when we won the league and CL. Brown was phenomenal at RB. His performance against Barca in the CL was one of the best defensive performances Ive ever seen!
He doesnt remind me of Brown at all

thepolice123

Brown did not play RB against Barcelona.

Brightonian

Anyone seen or heard any chants for him to the tune of The Banana Splits 'The Tra La La Song' yet?

Wan Bissaka Two Bissaka Three Bissaka Four etc

Seems inevitable at some point.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's gotten to the point where I'm relieved whenever the opposing team is attacking through their left, since I know the attack will fizzle out the moment someone tries to walk past the spiderwall. Where Ashley Young tened to be a defensive liability previous season, our right back this season is just so much fun to watch. Imagine trolling Raheem Sterling so hard he actually moves to the other side of the pitch so he can get away from him. He's a football personification of Red Light. Perhaps that'd make a better nickname.

Easy candidate for MUFC player of the year for me along with Fred. But where Fred bloomed into it, AWB was game on in game one.

ColvaleGoa

So Looks like Souness is now picking on Wan Bissaka. Basically says we should be getting Alves-Cafu hybrid for the price we paid.

It's click bait but after Pogba , I think he is gone for a softer target. I just wish someone would slap him silly.

romufc

So Looks like Souness is now picking on Wan Bissaka. Basically says we should be getting Alves-Cafu hybrid for the price we paid.

It's click bait but after Pogba , I think he is gone for a softer target. I just wish someone would slap him silly.
I actually dislike Souness so much. He can feck off. AWB is one of the best RB's around. He has played 2 seasons in the top division. He will only get better. With better players in attack, he can flourish IMO. If you watch him play, his ball control is quite good.

The Irish Connection

Feck Souness. Wan Bissaka has been class for us. He’s even had some good attacking moments. Get a good right winger ahead of him and he’ll do even better.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

In fairness he is kind of the Pogba of right backs in the way he can utterly bully the opposition but doesn't (yet) always do as much as he looks like he should be able to in a game. At least Souness is consistent in his being a cock!

Rolaholic

Has Souness ever taken a pop at Shaw? We paid a world record fee for a teenager for him and he was the most expensive fullback ever for a time but has had as many ups and downs as anyone in the squad...

Curious seeing him slagging off the lad still in his first season at the club that's proven to be arguably our best defender already.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Souness clearly hasn't watched him recently then. Wan-Bissaka has been a revelation for us so far, it's scary how good 1v1 he is, and in the very last match before lockdown, the City match, was looking very confident in attack. He took on their defenders with ease time & time again. Just look at his highlights of the City match & tell me that's a guy lacking in attack... Criticising Wan-Bissaka? He must be mad. :lol:

https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/de...ighlights-compilation-v-man-city-8-march-2020

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Has Souness ever taken a pop at Shaw? We paid a world record fee for a teenager for him and he was the most expensive fullback ever for a time but has had as many ups and downs as anyone in the squad...

Curious seeing him slagging off the lad still in his first season at the club that's proven to be arguably our best defender already.
Good point, would be good to know.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Souness clearly hasn't watched him recently then. Wan-Bissaka has been a revelation for us so far, it's scary how good 1v1 he is, and in the very last match before lockdown, the City match, was looking very confident in attack. He took on their defenders with ease time & time again. Just look at his highlights of the City match & tell me that's a guy lacking in attack... Criticising Wan-Bissaka? He must be mad. :lol:

https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/de...ighlights-compilation-v-man-city-8-march-2020
Yeah he had a pretty perfect game vs City. He's been consistent throughout the whole season (maybe the most consistent player for us so far?) and he seemed to be getting more confident going forward towards the last few matches. Though judging a fullback's attacking ability is a bit unfair without taking into consideration the quality of the players in front of him, and our right win has been a mess for a while now, which he's not responsible for.

No idea why anyone would attack him for his performances this year, he's justified every penny we paid for him so far.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah he had a pretty perfect game vs City. He's been consistent throughout the whole season (maybe the most consistent player for us so far?) and he seemed to be getting more confident going forward towards the last few matches. Though judging a fullback's attacking ability is a bit unfair without taking into consideration the quality of the players in front of him, and our right win has been a mess for a while now, which he's not responsible for.

No idea why anyone would attack him for his performances this year, he's justified every penny we paid for him so far.
I can't actually remember any bad games from him. I'd say he's got a strong case for being our most consistent player of the season. At least top 2/3 anyway. Yeah i definitely think that if lockdown hadn't happened, we would have seen more attacking displays like that from him. Exactly, it is hard to judge his attacking ability when our right wing is as shocking as ours has been, and our best attackers rarely play on the right to begin with.

arthurka

Are saying he is picking on players that aren't let's say of the same skin colour as Shaw? Pogba and AWB both fantastic players but well let's not go there... But it makes one think.

ShinjiNinja26

I wouldn’t give Sourness the time of day. Criticises AWB for tackling when he’s probably the best in the league at it? Feck off pal, you’re boring.

Guarantee he can’t wait till tonight to start having digs at Pogba again. Weird cnut will have had withdrawal symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.