Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyared

What I like most about the player is his attitude. He obviously knows his limitations and it's there to be seen how he's developed since he joined us. He's becoming to be a threat going forward. He's addressed the problem and he's getting to grips with it. These are the players we want at the club. It's called comittment!

Fracture90

It's come to the point in which im equally excited in awaiting for AWB to drop a tackle when i see some poor soul daring to try and penetrate our defense via the right flank, like I'm when i see Martial getting the ball in the final third and going at his man.

His offensive game is only improving and I'm a big fan of his drunken master, body shake type of body faint dribble:D

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Slowly racking up the assists. Was an excellent game for him last night.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whoever said he can't cross just haven't got a clue tbh.

He's put in some absolute peaches this season, Williams could have had a goal tonight from one also.

Jonno

What I like most about the player is his attitude. He obviously knows his limitations and it's there to be seen how he's developed since he joined us. He's becoming to be a threat going forward. He's addressed the problem and he's getting to grips with it. These are the players we want at the club. It's called comittment!
Yeah, and he could have lost his head. Look at Zaha, he was back at Palace before long. AWB has grafted since coming and on this trajectory will only get better.

romufc

Have said this all along. AWB is playing his second season in the top flight. He came into a United team which was not playing well, now that the team is playing well AWB is getting space and quality.

El-Manos

People really need to stop moaning about him whenever he has an average game. He’s been very consistent considering his age. Delighted we have him, he’s only getting better.

Tiber

Can't believe people have ever had a complaint about him. He is fantastic and is only going to get better

Adam-Utd

I'd say compare the difference between Norwich and Brighton games.

Norwich were all over our right side, Brighton put 1 cross in all game.

Steven7290

It's come to the point in which im equally excited in awaiting for AWB to drop a tackle when i see some poor soul daring to try and penetrate our defense via the right flank, like I'm when i see Martial getting the ball in the final third and going at his man.

His offensive game is only improving and I'm a big fan of his drunken master, body shake type of body faint dribble:D
This. I get all evil and giddy when a wild left winger appears and tries to take on the Bissaka. His tackles look so explosive, and while not aesthetic like those Maldini ones of the past, have excitement all over it.

Nick7

I'd say compare the difference between Norwich and Brighton games.

Norwich were all over our right side, Brighton put 1 cross in all game.
We were also far better offensively from the right against both Brighton and Sheffield Utd.

Adam-Utd

Dalot may have some more aesthetically pleasing technical ability, but he's never able to control his flank defensively to the level AWB has demonstrated consistently already at age 21.
It's a shame Dalot looks like a good footballer with no idea how to play the position. I guess the injuries haven't helped him but positionally and his timing is just awful.

AR87

It's a shame Dalot looks like a good footballer with no idea how to play the position. I guess the injuries haven't helped him but positionally and his timing is just awful.
Also unfortunate for him that AWB was such a no-brainer transfer target given his injuries, and AWB's age and status as a burgeoning England international. I would have been furious if we didn't go for him last summer.

Shark

@NotShark
This. I get all evil and giddy when a wild left winger appears and tries to take on the Bissaka. His tackles look so explosive, and while not aesthetic like those Maldini ones of the past, have excitement all over it.
Same. I think just like when De Gea was godly, strikers were mentally put off by just seeing him on the team sheet. Bissaka is having that same affect on our right wing, you see him on the team sheet amd dread having to come up against him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Looks like presence of Greenwood on the right is helping him immensely.

This side of the pitch always needed injection of quality and perhaps next season we'll be fully sorted there with Bissaka reaching top level.

Kuba

Only 5 FBs (RB, RWB, LB, LWB) have more assists than AWB in PL.

TAA - 12
Robertson - 8
Digne - 6
Azpi - 5
Aurier - 5
AWB - 4

Among RBs and RWBs, only TAA and Aurier have more assists than AWB. (I think Azpi has 1 from LB position).
the question is how many from those TAA's assists were made from the open play ?

I know that he got them plenty but if you have player like Sancho, Maddison, Grealish etc in England squad who also manage to got few from set pieces is it really needed to have your rb to take them ? I mean is his delivery much better than theirs compered to how much better in defence Wan Bissaka is to Trent ?

also having someone like Bruno in United to take them does anyone would swap Aaron for Trent?

in his last 8 games Trent got 2 assists against WHU, Wan Bissaka got 3 in last 7 games.

also if you're playing behind someone like James who is not cutting inside and trying to go to the corner flag and cross it himself gives you less oportunities than playing behind Salah who is almost always around the penalty area and you have that right side all along for yourself.

Just look at our last 2 games having Greenwood in front of him who is playing in similar areas like Salah, Wan Bissaka got 2 assists. He is waiting 15-25 metres away from goalline and when James is playing he is waiting 15 meters closer to the halfline.

Fracture90

Best is the mere moments before the actual tackle when he's gaining up on his intended target.

Sylar

4 PL assists this season for him now. That is the same number as Wes Brown and Phil Neville managed in their entire time here. For comparisons sake, Luke Shaw has only managed 6 PL assists in his 6 years here.
This number could / should be higher as well. I remember there was a game that three of his crosses should have been a goal. Hes defo been better the second half of the season (though not sure if stats match up to that). But hes defo more of a threat, and i think it helps having greenwood in front of him who will drift in, create space for him to overlap and have 1 on 1s out wide.

E-mal

His assist last night was more from the brilliance of Greenwood but AWB put up a really nice cross that gave Williams a pretty big chance.
Yeah, one thing I would want him to do is improve his link up play and control, often times it allows opposition to close him down easily and put him under pressure. He has done fine for me and is in for player of the season because of his consistency.

Zoo

Really unlucky not to get an assist to his name today. His attacking play is getting better and better.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He had a great performance, but he was on his bum instead of staying on his feet for one of the Bournemouth goals.

He was the error before the error for the goal, but AWB for me I feel can be a world class fullback.

Defending he's fantastic, hopefully he learns from the sliding in the box to block today and being totally out of the game for the goal after that.

Once his crossing is good with both feet when he's attacking, he will be one of the top full backs in world football (attacking) but probably the best defensively.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Poor for Bournemouth's first and his ability in the build up leaves alot to be desired but his delivery seems good which I'm pleasantly surprised about.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A different player when there is a RW who can cut in allowing AWB the space he needs to attack and defend with freedom.

Andersons Dietician

I thought he was pretty bad today. His defending was awful. No idea what he was playing at or why he was so slow to pick himself off the ground and worse just kinda freeze once he was up For the first goal.

He was all over the shop and at times there were easy balls to control and he screwed the pooch. Some poor passing as well.

Offensively I liked the first time balls he was putting in needs to do more of that but needs to sort out whatever issue he had with defending today. Just looked lazy or knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.