Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Yeah he made a lot of difference when he came on despite carrying a knock.

RooneyLegend

He's our number 1 right back, we need better back ups.
Nope, we need a better first choice. You must've missed when he failed to make a simple pass and they ended up getting a chance or when he miscontrolled the ball into traffic or when he failed to set up crossing opportunities.

Andersons Dietician

For 5 minutes I was thinking Ah yes here we go, this is the Bissaka we know and love and then it was like someone popped the balloon. Maybe he is knackered. Came on did well then just faded out.

The thing I find most annoying is when the ball is played out to him his first touch is more often than not backwards. Why not take it on the chest and knock it forward and go. It does my head in.

Mcking

He looks pretty quick when he is tracking back or moving across on the cover. But when he has the ball and has to run with it, he genuinely looks no quicker than Mata and Pereira. I have rarely seen him run into space with the ball without getting caught. It's a technical flaw that you can't afford from a full back.

Masuaku around the 80th minute demonstrated something close to what I'm trying to say here. There was plenty of space in front of him when he received the ball thanks to our RW being on the wrong side. He advanced the ball over sixty yards at pace, right to the edge of our box.

Most fullbacks are able too do that with ease. Shaw, Walker, Arnold, Robertson, Aurier all do it. Infact, any fullback with above average pace is able to do it. Wan-Bissaka has a technical flaw which stops him from doing the same consistently. He gets caught within 20 yards of accelerating with the ball despite being relatively quick without it.

zenith

He's probably dead tired and carrying a knock, but I'm hoping that with a decent rest he would be up for it against Leicester.

We really need his defensive ability when it truly matters.

eire-red

Hasn't been 100% at it the last few games, but he's been consistent and very solid all season. He gets a lot of stick because he's not in any way similar to TAA, but defensively he's second to none.

The comments on here about benching him for Laird are crazy. But if Laird does eventually take AWBs spot, then he's gonna be one hell of a player, cause AWB has been a beast all season.

If he can improve his ball retention and attacking play (which he definitely can I think), then RB is looking very healthy for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully he's on his game today, feel like we'll need his pace on the cover against Vardy.

Leicester 0:2 Man Utd

Ekeke

Can certainly improve his passing going forward, but another very good game defensively. Does so much work defensively that the CBs didnt need to, Williams did well in that regard too

Bwuk

Teams just let our full backs have it because they can’t do anything.

AWB is far from good enough for the level we aspire to be.

criticalanalysis

It's painful watching him with the ball.
It's like he's just going through the motions. No game intelligence or actual intent to do anything. He'll run into dead alleys, stutter step his way into trouble or wait until the opposition are set and have closed him down or then he'll play awkward balls into feet for his team mates.

I praised him massively earlier in the season and he still has outstanding qualities but feck me, Ole and the coaches need to do some proper work i.e call him out on it and do some coaching.

kundalini

Atrocious passing. Even simple short passes were beyond him at times today. One moment of good defending to prevent a Leicester shot midway through the first half.

SAFMUTD

Defensively it doesnt get any better than him, offensively he is so frustrating to watch. He struggles with the ball and misses even simple passes.

Revan

Assumptionman
We should have kept Smalling and play him as RB. As good a defender, as bad with the ball.

In all honesty, if we sign a CB, I would probably prefer giving to Lindelof some games in RB. And Laird should definitely get a good shot on making RB position his own within the next 18 months.

Bobski

Defensively it doesnt get any better than him, offensively he is so frustrating to watch. He struggles with the ball and misses even simple passes.
And then occasionally does something really sharp and precise showing capable manipulation of the ball and good body control. Smalling always looked awkward, so tailored his game to his limitations, AWB as a FB can't make that choice, he has to continue to improve his attacking game, which is better at his age than Neville was at the same stage.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The amount of abuse and stick I got early season on this thread for saying he's a good tackler and that's it.......guess I was right boys.

He's a dreadful footballer. CL football is going to expose him even more. Not good enough for us.

Revan

Assumptionman
The amount of abuse and stick I got early season on this thread for saying he's a good tackler and that's it.......guess I was right boys.

He's a dreadful footballer. CL football is going to expose him even more. Not good enough for us.
Definitely. Which meant that spending 55m in his was tragic, especially considering that we want to play from the back (this Smalling was sixth choice or so).

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Overall he had a decent season, but this is another instance where we splash 50 millions and getting unfinished product at the end.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His value was immense when faced with attacking wingers like Sterling. I don't understand the sudden abuse here. After Maguire, he's been the persistent name on the team sheet ever game.

Bwuk

We should have kept Smalling and play him as RB. As good a defender, as bad with the ball.

In all honesty, if we sign a CB, I would probably prefer giving to Lindelof some games in RB. And Laird should definitely get a good shot on making RB position his own within the next 18 months.
Actually I agree.

We’d probably be no worse off with Smalling, and I’m one of those who don’t rate Smalling at all.

Laird will hopefully play well in the Europa and force us to consider him.

Revan

Assumptionman
His value was immense when faced with attacking wingers like Sterling. I don't understand the sudden abuse here. After Maguire, he's been the persistent name on the team sheet ever game.
Because people see things differently and value parts of the game differently. I think that he has been comfortably the worst of the back four.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Because people see things differently and value parts of the game differently. I think that he has been comfortably the worst of the back four.
I wouldn't really judge him on the last few games when every over used player had been fading. Bruno for all his technical prowess couldn't string a simple 10 yard pass for the past couple of weeks. He was making good progress around January in attacking contributions and I'd venture to give him another full season before judging him one way or another.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Three times he needlessly fired the ball at a player 10 yards away.

Revan

Assumptionman
I wouldn't really judge him on the last few games when every over used player had been fading. Bruno for all his technical prowess couldn't string a simple 10 yard pass for the past couple of weeks. He was making good progress around January in attacking contributions and I'd venture to give him another full season before judging him one way or another.
I am judging him on the entire season, as I am doing with any other player. He is one of the players with the poorest technique I have seen in United's shirt, and that was and is gonna be a problem. I didn't understand the praise even at the beginning of season, it was the typical praise any new signing gets (Darmian for example was suddenly a classical Italian defender at the beginning).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Overall he had a decent season, but this is another instance where we splash 50 millions and getting unfinished product at the end.
This is the part I have issues with and why I was wary of us signing him.
If I am paying £50m for a fullback, I want the complete package.
You can work on your game but this guy looks naturally limited with the ball at his feet.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This is the part I have issues with and why I was wary of us signing him.
If I am paying £50m for a fullback, I want the complete package.
You can work on your game but this guy looks naturally limited with the ball at his feet.
Same thing with Fred, 50m and still trying to find his way to his Shakhtar form.

We're abviously doing something wrong, thankfully Bruno kinda broke the cycle, but the feeling of underachieving from most of our players never leaves.

RooneyLegend

He makes the easiest things in football look difficult. We simply need better, how much would Leicester want for Peirera or City for Cancelo?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He looks good for us when we are under siege as he's a tremendous 1 on 1 defender.

When we have majority of the ball he's a huge issue. He's just not good enough. Never will be either.

Skills

Snitch
I am judging him on the entire season, as I am doing with any other player. He is one of the players with the poorest technique I have seen in United's shirt, and that was and is gonna be a problem. I didn't understand the praise even at the beginning of season, it was the typical praise any new signing gets (Darmian for example was suddenly a classical Italian defender at the beginning).
Second coming of Maldini according to this place. Then Alexis tore him a new arsehole

tenpoless

From Valencia to another Valencia..
Hopefully he'll develop and at least learn how to use of his pace to beat opposing fullback, even if he's not that great with dribbling

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think post re-start he has been quite poor. Even defensively he has been all over the place.

E-mal

He looks good for us when we are under siege as he's a tremendous 1 on 1 defender.

When we have majority of the ball he's a huge issue. He's just not good enough. Never will be either.
Agreeing with your opinion for the first time in a long while.

Zoo

He was important today and this is when he wasnt at his best. Hopefully the little break will help him get back to 100% for the EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.