Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

AWB just highlights a point that many of us have been making for a long time - when you identify a player who WILL improve your XI, you go and get them and the cost is the cost

United have spent money (in real terms) over the last 5/6 years but we are pissing around in the middle-market tier when what we need are certainties.

Hope the club learn from this and give Leicester the £80m they want for Maguire....who cares if it looks like £10m too much....if we concede 25-50% less goals next season as a result of spending £130m on two quality players I say that's an absolute bargain
What a load of shite considering the players we've actually signed.

Problem is we identified the wrong players and spent an unholy amount of money on them.

billyboy777

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wan bissakas magic, he wears a magic hat, if you try get passed him, he'll put you on ya ass, he tackles to the left, he tackles to the right and if you come old trafford we'll sing this song all night

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
He's a bit too good to be a right back. Very surprised. Usually, that's where you end up when you're not good enough to be something else on the pitch but deemed good enough overall to be part of the team. Wonder what he'd look like in midfield or as a CB.
It always seems to work well when we players out of position...

luke511

I've rarely ever seen a defender that tackles as well as him. Walking around the Trafford centre today I saw a handful of people walking around wearing utd shirts with Wan Bissaka on the back, was great to see :lol:

dogwithabone

He’s a fabulous player. Think he will become the favourite player of a lot of our fans.

Litch

Lad comes from Crystal Palace and looks better quality than half the players here.

The United

I like him. But, what did you guys see that I didn't in this half? He has had a few tackles which is normal for a defender.

I thought Shaw looked much better on the other side for both ends of the pitch.

Meep

Quick, athletic with a perfect understanding of how to use his body and being able to do it. Great vision and timing. Hope he can deliver when it matters and this will be amazing!

ash_86

He's got that air of invulnerability like vvd. Nothing gets passed him.

Tiber

He is fantastic. I dont have a single concern about him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Love him.

How amazing is it seeing him and Maguire in that back 4 with Tuanzebe on the bench and the other four not in the squad.

Rolaholic

It’ll be hard for him to displace TAA.

Great debut. Delighted for him.
He's in another class from TAA defensively and can definitely improve in attack but he doesn't look weak there either.

It'll depend on what style Southgate prefers but he's a much more well rounded player than TAA to me

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As usual, very good defensively and his cross for Greenwood chance was very good.

Coxy

He's in another class from TAA defensively and can definitely improve in attack but he doesn't look weak there either.

It'll depend on what style Southgate prefers but he's a much more well rounded player than TAA to me
Agree with this. It’s great for England that we have 2 with so much potential

Siorac

Very solid defensively, but looked less than comfortable on the ball.

It annoys me that he wears 29, as unreasonable as that is. A starting XI player should have a lower number. I know 2 is taken but still.

Renegade

He had to deal with the right side all alone at times, fantastic at winning the ball back. Looking forward to seeing his development going forward as that’s his biggest room for improvement.

flappyjay

I apologize for my comments in your transfer thread. You sir are the real deal.

NinjaFletch

It annoys me that he wears 29, as unreasonable as that is. A starting XI player should have a lower number. I know 2 is taken but still.
Yep thought the same. Room to improve going forward, but an absolute rock at the back.

Renegade

I’d say he looks very comfortable on the ball, just not when his in the attacking 3rd. I like how he stops the ball dead and passes accurately to a player.

He can make the unusual #29 his own and iconic. Kind of like Tevez32 & Terry26. Sorry for using twats as example but you see what I mean.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His defending is ridiculously good. It's not even the fact that he has the pace to get back and slide tackle players or he has the strength to out muscle most people but there were a couple of moments where he was incredibly instinctive and cancelled out a few passes that could have slipped by other players. The force is strong with this Wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.