Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

Other than a bit of pace and an amazing slidetackle, he isn't that amazing is he?
Laird and Dalot must both fancy their chances

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Dude has to work on his attacking game. He is quite awful to average on the ball. Everytime they pass him the ball in a position where we should put in a juicy cross, he does nothing with it and either pass back or fumbles with the ball at his feet. And he lacks any confidence to make crosses.

To top off this performance he missed an open goal.

el3mel

Magnificent defending for their chance.

However he's useless on the attack. We're not going to keep deflecting this let's be honest.

Stadjer

Other than a bit of pace and an amazing slidetackle, he isn't that amazing is he?
Laird and Dalot must both fancy their chances
That pace and amazing slide tackle makes him pretty amazing when he is defending. Pace is also always dangerous. Walker isnt amazing as a footballer but his pace still makes him dangerous in attack.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I remember when the the people that suggested he's not great in attack were spoken to, like fools.

Classical Mechanic

Actually put two of the best crosses in, one where Lingard nearly scored with a header and one where the keeper saved from Greenwood at the near post. Needs to be more confident in his attacking.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I remember when the the people that suggested he's not great in attack were spoken to, like fools.
It's quite odd though. From what I've heard he apparently used to play as a winger before being converter as a fullback. I mean even if he sucked so much as winger to the point of being pushed back, he'd at least have some innate attacking instinct or something.

I mean he competely looks awful going forward.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We might signed the wrong player if the manager expect him to offer something on the final third. Bissaka just doesn't have the talent of offering assists for the goals & he's also not very intelligent with his passing ability.

When I saw Shaw, I see that he has the potential to improve his final third output & when I watched Williams today, I see that he has potential to improve his final third output. I just don't see it in Bissaka, looks very awkward on the ball. He can dribble and that's about it on his attacking aspect. First touch, crossing & passing, I just see him as an awkward footballer.

Gordon S

That pace and amazing slide tackle makes him pretty amazing when he is defending. Pace is also always dangerous. Walker isnt amazing as a footballer but his pace still makes him dangerous in attack.
He is really strong when defending 1v1, but he just doesn't look comfortable on the ball. He is still young and inexperienced so he will have time to improve.

Kurton

In 2nd half every time he got the ball on the wings, he just passed it back to midfield, even when afforded space. It's like Valencia all over again. So frustrating to watch.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Didn't have a good first half. I feel like people forget he is 21. He is going to have bad games from time to time. Disregarding that is very stupid. Not to say he was useless. He made a very important defensive action that directly saved a goal, as well as a beautiful cross that really, really should have been converted to a goal. I think he actually is very useful going forward, we are just not a very purposeful team. I've seen a lot of fullbacks that are terrible going forward, he is very far from that.

Dinghy

Haven't chancged my opinion on him after seeing his first 9-10 games in a United-shirt. There's more to defending than sliding tackles and he's really not all that defensively unless it's a 1 vs 1 with the ball on the ground. Going forward he's pretty much useless and he looks uncomfortable and awkward on the ball every time he passes the halfway line.

Kag

Looks bereft of confidence already. Compare the last couple of games to his first two and it’s night and day.

It’s hard for good players like him to keep themselves clear of the general malaise. Maguire will experience the same unless we suddenly improve.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Haven't chancged my opinion on him after seeing his first 9-10 games in a United-shirt. There's more to defending than sliding tackles and he's really not all that defensively unless it's a 1 vs 1 with the ball on the ground. Going forward he's pretty much useless and he looks uncomfortable and awkward on the ball every time he passes the halfway line.
His only weak points defensively would be aerially, which isn't a massive surprise given he's young and last year was his first playing first team football. He's brilliant defensively though and pretty much constantly shuts down his side of the pitch.

Skills

Snitch
Looks bereft of confidence already. Compare the last couple of games to his first two and it’s night and day.

It’s hard for good players like him to keep themselves clear of the general malaise. Maguire will experience the same unless we suddenly improve.
Only a matter of time before he makes the deadwood club. I think I had him in for sometime next season, but it might be quicker.

Alemar

Is it just me or he really reminds of Valencia when in attack with the ball?

Walters_19_MuFc

Got into good positions down the right but was 1) quite wasteful 2) took the easy option. He's a quick, powerful lad. Needs to jtry and take players on more. Having said that, this is why it's imperative we a right winger next season. Wan-Bissaka would be great at creating attacking overloads down the right. Not necessarily always getting the ball, but being that option.

Irwin99

He'll learn and add to his game but he's a bit careless in possession at times. Saved a certain goal with that clearance off the line.

snowkarl

His only weak points defensively would be aerially, which isn't a massive surprise given he's young and last year was his first playing first team football. He's brilliant defensively though and pretty much constantly shuts down his side of the pitch.
This isn't even true. He is a good athlete who is very good at making tackles and defending 1v1 but today he lost possession and was way out of position more than once in extremely dangerous areas and he really needs to work even on his basic touch and passing if he wants to start for a top team.

He had a shocker of a game today, both offensively and defensively, aside from 2-3 instances where he made his typical athletic clearances.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I'm glad we have Dalot as well. Basically, AWB either improves or he loses his place. Same applies for Dalot as well.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Didn't take long. AWB is shit too now. Well done caf. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This isn't even true. He is a good athlete who is very good at making tackles and defending 1v1 but today he lost possession and was way out of position more than once in extremely dangerous areas and he really needs to work even on his basic touch and passing if he wants to start for a top team.

He had a shocker of a game today, both offensively and defensively, aside from 2-3 instances where he made his typical athletic clearances.
I'm not commenting on a one off game, commenting about his general performance over the past year and a bit. Statistically he's pretty much the best defensive fullback in the league. I forget what the numbers were, but things like preventing balls in from his side, not being dribbled past, opposition attacks breaking down when they go down his side, etc., he's brilliant in all of them.

snowkarl

I'm not commenting on a one off game, commenting about his general performance over the past year and a bit. Statistically he's pretty much the best defensive fullback in the league. I forget what the numbers were, but things like preventing balls in from his side, not being dribbled past, opposition attacks breaking down when they go down his side, etc., he's brilliant in all of them.
Well let's logically follow through and think about why he prevents attacks down our right... Oh yeah because he stays back and sacrifices attacking opportunities in favor of playing safer. Which is part of why he has such an abysmal offensive impact overall.

He isn't a bad defender obviously but those stats mean literally nothing without context. He plays defensively so obviously opponents will attack more on our left if Shaw is attacking the opposite penalty box and leaving the left wide open.

If he makes poor passes or keeps taking a lot of heavy touches it will lead to opponents getting chances on the break which is why you have to admit his flaws, that doesn't mean he is shit or whatever. But I know many fans instinctively react to any criticism of our players with arguing and denial for even smaller parts of some players game....

Red_toad

Didn't take long. AWB is shit too now. Well done caf. :lol:
Yes it’s very toxic atmosphere on the Caf now, no player is safe from criticism, unless they’re very young and not playing. Then they become the seconding coming of Messi and some how will instantly lift the entire team.
AWB is a very good player and isn’t one of our problems, as usual it’s no right wing, no midfield and the inability to play a settled side. Ole is trying to build a core for his team and has 2 or 3 pieces that are pretty much vacant. Dave, AWB, Maguire and Pogba are not enough currently.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There's a reason why his success rate with crosses/attempts are very high. He just doesn't cross. He will only cross if he ultimately thinks its on. I like it, but I also hate it because it just means that overall our attacking play is very inefficient and not geared towards chance creation in the final third.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Not a concern at all. You can teach him to cross, you can't teach his natural defending ability.

If we had a single player capable of playing on the right side of attack we'd be fine.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Not a concern at all. You can teach him to cross, you can't teach his natural defending ability.

If we had a single player capable of playing on the right side of attack we'd be fine.
Not entirely true. Attacking full backs need to know how to attack. You cant play attacking football with only the winger. You need the full back to overlap. And you cant teach someone to cross if they haven't got the skill, like Valencia for example.

Devil may care

:lol: Yeah, he just has no instinct in attack, often looks lost when he gets near the opposition box. At least he's defending well but today he was sloppy on the ball tonight. I don't know how he saved that one off the line.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Our attackers are clueless in attack and people expect a RB to be proficient. Its bad coaching (or no coaching at all) that is the problem.

It's all about coaching, does anyone remember what Walker and Rose were like before Poch got his hands on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.