Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EwanI Ted

What a performance from the lad. Just absurd. Id fancy him against any attacker in the world on that form.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Think he'll let Sterling out of his pocket in time for City's next game? :keano:

Based Adnan

Poor for the goal but still MOTM which tells you all you need to know about how well he played. Unreal.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'd love to see an interception/blocking/tackling stat

I swear it's well over 20. NOTHING got past him.

Andersons Dietician

Sterling will be having nightmares for weeks after that. It was an imperious defensive performance apart from that one moment where Ottamendi just powered through him like he wasn’t even there, but I’m inclined to just say that was some run and header by Otta.

Needs to get better at passing and just generally his offensive decisions but he was a wall today.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd gladly get the LB version of him and let everyone else in the team attack.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Surely up there with any fullback defensively. They relentlessly tried to go down that side and he shut it all down.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Second half in particular, he was just taking the piss. Brilliant performance.

Nep77

That moment when he chased Sterling all the way and tackled the ball out for corner after Sterling casually was walking through our defence, What a game he had.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Brick wall. Sterling tried him. Nothing. DeBruyne came at him. Looking for change. What a performance.

Luminous Lizard

Struggle to remember such a dominant defensive performance from a fullback. Must get to the point where you wonder what the point of attacking down his side is.

Infestissumam

absolutely majestic performance, best I've seen from a single fullback since I can remember. What a player he is!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Imperial from him today, sure he may have some flaws going forward but what a beast in defense and that's the main priority. He was simply incredible tonight.

Canagel

No point to attack on his side. The tackling and one on ones are his bread and butters.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fantastic game and my MOTM. Defensively he was wall, beaten by Sterling early in the game and then kept his side very tight. His tackle on Sterling after Lindelof's mistake was just awesome.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I thought Pep missed a trick by not switching Sterling to the right after the first half. Dominant performance to hold arguably the best attacker in the league to nothing.

SAFMUTD

Defensively rock solid, in Otamendis goal he just stood there without jumping I think was his only defensive mistake.

On the attacking side when City had all the players high up pressing De Gea always played it to Lindelof who pass it to AWB who lost it most of times. I don’t know if it has anything to do with Shaw just coming back from injury but I think we made the same play over and over and keep giving the ball away too easy.

Irwin99

He was class in defence today . Really strong display against one of the league's best players.

stu_1992

Absolutely great defensive performance out there today. Don't remember the last time I saw a defender win the ball so consistently for us. Possibly as far back as Vidic. Fantastic to show up like that in a huge game!

Bobski

He is a ridiculous man to man defender, laughably good frankly. Shut down everything on his side, his aggression, timing in the tackle and tenacity were elite level. Not so good on the ball but his impact on the game was huge.

MAME DIOUF 32

His type of game and he delivered big time. I don't think he ever crossed the halfway line and I really don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.