Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Need to get better in attack. His crossing is not good enough. Also not the best at defending today either.

PoTMS

I'll be honest. I don't think he's good enough for Man United. Sure he's a good defender but he offers the least amount of attacking play I've ever seen from a United fullback at a time where fullbacks are one of the most important attacking positions in a team. Don't think he'll every considerably improve that. All his crosses seem to be hit and hope.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Only on this forum does a guy not satisfy you when the opposition's entire tactic when attacking through his side is to stop play it back in the middle and try something else.

They don't even bother going there anymore. Gedson Fernandes thought he was special, turns out he isn't.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
One of the best in one on ones, but really needs to improve his crossing and forward play in general.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Put in two good deliveries in the second half and completely takes away one half of the pitch for the opposition.

Ludicrous that some have said be isn't good enough.

criticalanalysis

Feck me he was awful on the ball. I'm a fan of his defensive qualities and think there are exaggerations about his technique but today he was badly exposed.

If you give him time on the ball and no space to run into, his one-touch passing and all around general decision was just terrible. I don't expect him to make Beckham crossing or take on players. I just need him to make better passing options and angles.

How many times did he pass it straight to the player in front of him today or when there was an opportunity to get it out of his feet to pass or play a first time cross, he took another touch and went into a dead end ffs?

cyberman

He just smothers the right flank. Hes the key for domination in a match like this.

pascell

Not his best performance but everyone doesn't have the match sharpness. Before the break he looked more confident and backed himself more with his crossing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He isn't the problem, our reliance on him being the outlet on the right is the problem. Sancho will fix that though. Hopefully.....

Eddy_JukeZ

As great as he is at defending, he's that bad going forward and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's poor in attack and unless he improves drastically on the ball I believe his position in the first 11 will be taken by another player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And to the people saying Sancho will hide his flaws. I think you guys should watch BVB's Achraf Hakimi playing alittle closer at fullback before making such assertions imo.

Andersons Dietician

Remarkable improvement the moment James went off. I do think he needs to be a bit more direct and there are times where he can put the ball in and for some reason he just won’t do it. Feel like he just needs to simplify what he does in the final 3rd as too often he stops the ball, shifts the ball, turns back, stops the ball then goes again until all opportunities are gone.
Everything he does just seems very jerky, like he isn’t quite in control of the ball.

AshRK

Defensively he is a beast and I am surprised he doesn't cross often considering his crossing looked decent today. 50 million well spent.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s looked a bit off the pace tonight which I can forgive him for after 3 months not playing. Overall he’s a beast defensively but really needs to improve going forward, signing someone like Sancho might mask that flaw a bit but he just looks clueless at times. He only really crosses the ball in when he’s under pressure and has no other choice. When he’s got time and space to really pick someone out he seems hesitant and either passes it back or does these twists and turns and ends up being crowded out.

Davie Moyes

A few occasions I wish he would just whip it in early. When he dwells on the wing, usually ends up killing the attacks. I think we need to cut him slack as I thought before the lockdown he was improving on the ball and going forward. I certainly would not be looking to replace him yet as defensively he locks down his side and hopefully will improve attacking as young. Let's just enjoy his Spider-Man tackling.

LVGSdive

Put in two good deliveries in the second half and completely takes away one half of the pitch for the opposition.

Ludicrous that some have said be isn't good enough.
Football fans generally over react. He has been far and away our best player this season.

El Jefe

I'm one of his biggest fans but he wasn't good tonight. He actually look off the pace with and without the ball but that's to be expected I guess.

What was noticeable is that he played much better when James went off.

Martialfc

Get a proper winger in front of him and he will come alive. Anyone would be terrible with James in front of them. AWB is a quality player he is there to defend and that’s what he does.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah he was just off today. Happens. Can forgive everyone for rustiness today, but they'll get the sharpness back.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I think he will be best as a 3rd cb in a 3. His attacking play is just too subpar.

He'sRaldo

He's not as bad as has been made out in an attacking sense, as IMO him and James is a very poor combo.

But even if he was, his top level defensive abilities and the make up of our team go very well together. Simply have Bruno make the overlapping runs on the right when the ball is on that side, while Pogba goes forward and Greenwood cuts in. That leaves AWB doing what he does best, freeing the attacking players and stopping any counter attacks down his side while we run riot down that side.

IMO not that hard to work around, basically just like City's right hand side with Bernardo/ Mahrez and KDB combining behind Walker. Just need the right instructions and that right wing could be very potent.

Litch

I think he's hoping we sign Sancho too so he can stick with what he dies best. Our full backs over zero going forward which is so important in the modern game....

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If a manager like Poch (who is heavily reliant on full backs take over) he would be the first one to be replaced.

If we want to dominate games, he can't be playing as RBp

Huge overreactions in here. Was far from his best game, but having James on your wing is torture. Actually put in some good deliveries, it was his dribbling that was poor today uncharacteristically. Looked tired at the end like everyone else, that heavy touch when we were off on the break was killer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't really complain about his defending but his build up play wasn't all that today, but then again James was his partner on that side.
He put Spurs players on-side several times because he couldn't hold the defence line. Then that Son's header, when he was ball watching the cross.

SambaBoy

He's awful on the ball. His body stance, touch and feet are just all wrong. He always tries to dribble towards the by-line and just looks awkward.

Shark

@NotShark
He's a very primitive RB, phenomenal one on one but everything else is lacking. Maybe he can still develop though.

SinNombre

He is younger than Dan James, who is significantly worse for his position but has people defending him since he is a "young kid" and will develop.

AWB is a fullback, and fullbacks generally take longer to develop. Evra for example, not that he could ever cross well, learned how to at least be an attacking threat and provide good overlapping runs as he got into his mid 20s.

Not every fullback follows the TAA route of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.