Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

luisnani86

Thought he was poor today - at times hesitant to make the necessary tackle/interception, and his by now customary lunge in to concede a needless yellow (think he did the same against Villa or Sheffield). Maybe he's exhausted but no excuses for that 3-4/10 performance - also woeful and disruptive going forward as he is on his worst days. One good cross though, and he's still been excellent on the whole this season

Horrendous today but the comments in here are predictably reactionary and awful. Hope none of you are singing his praises when he has a good game again.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Wan-Bissaka does a lot well. If we played in Spain or Italy he'd be even better. However, in England, where the ball spends a lot of time in the air, he's too often wrong footed by crosses. Really needs to sort it out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His worst game by a country mile. Looked knackered and shit scared all match. Seems like his defending just went out the window over night. Probably very tired but not a great sign.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s not good enough for a top attacking side. Absolutely shambolic on the ball. Conference level bad.

PoTMS

Horrendous today but the comments in here are predictably reactionary and awful. Hope none of you are singing his praises when he has a good game again.
I certainly won't be. He is a very limited footballer and although he is great usually defensively, he is not good enough to be the starting right back for Manchester United.

HowYouDoin

Yes he had an awful game but in general I just dont like him. His posession is horrible in tight spaces, always struggles with the ball, very slow to make passes and just looks awkard. Doesnt offer much going forward but we all know that. Its his game overall thats really lacking. Players also feel hesitant passing to him and for a good reason.
Just find him incredibly overrated. I dont get what people see in him.

Silas

To be fair, criticism regarding his technique isn't anything new. Definitely a big issue and if teams cop on and target him like they did today (and Smalling in the past), it's only gonna get worse.

edcunited1878

Really poor today, but it's a learning curve for him because he's never had to play this much at such demanding expectations and standards. Needs to recover quickly as CP and Zaha loom on Thursday.

Anybody's Guess

Even defensively, which is basically the only attribute that this guy can be judged upon, he was terrible today. Positioning was poor, timing was poor, decision-making was poor. Going forward a complete non-entity.

Name Changed

weso26
I thought he was very poor. He was extremely slow at closing players down and he continuously tackled with the wrong foot. It the end he was far too slow out to the man and he gave away a needless enough corner.

King Eric 7

Abysmal performance. He seems to have had all the confidence sucked out of him. He doesn't like to even put crosses in to the box and prefers to square it instead. This is one of a number of games where he leaves a lot to be desired. Great tackler but doesn't offer enough going forward a lot of the time. To think he started off as a winger?!

IrishMcD

Shocking from the start, even in the build up to the Rashford goal, he nearly tripped over the ball and was lucky to come away with it. Player some pathetically bad passes. Needs a rest and needs competition.

simplyared

If I'm honest I'm not sure about him anymore. I'm not seeing an attacking fullback with the required instinct. Farts about with the ball too much. Holds up play. No he's not doing it for me!

Andersons Dietician

3rd game on the bounce he’s been poor. Last 20 he was atrocious. Really needs to sort himself out, looks like Bambi on ice at times and honestly he buckles the moment he gets pressed.

Will give him props on that pass in to Bruno before the Rashford goal. His passing and touch just isn’t very good And the high standards he had set in his one on one defending isn’t really there at the moment. Maybe he’s injured, maybe he is tired but whatever it is he just doesn’t look right at the moment.

Rafaeldagold

I’m also not convinced he’s good enough to be out right back. Just doesn’t look comfortable there & tonight was a really shocking performance

Renegade

I’m also not convinced he’s good enough to be out right back. Just doesn’t look comfortable there & tonight was a really shocking performance
You’re too emotional. Players have bad games some times. Just say he wasn’t good and move on. Regardless his had a very good first season.

simplyared

Shaw is way ahead of him in terms of going forward. Much more direct. We need a better attacking LB. Wan-Bissaka just hasn't got the natural qualities required. Sounds strange I know but we cannot afford having a fullback who can only defend although he's not even great at that as he's weak in the air.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Considered by some one of Ole's 'three brilliant signings' last summer which caused so much friction and division.

I'm not convinced he does anything particularly well.

Bobski

AWB has moments where he actually looks slick and composed on the ball, will pull off something that requires above average technique. I think we just have to be patient with him in that regard, the Smalling comparisons on the ball are overplayed. Smalling(and I am a fan) has a very basic technical game, AWB is far above him, just the consistency and composure is not there yet.

His attacking game is a long term project, how effective he is defensively makes him worth waiting on.

AKDevil

Remember Dalot v Norwich, see how much fun every other fullback in the league allows their winger to have and be grateful for AWB.

The United

I was wondering how he became a PL footballer playing for United with terrible balance for a footballer.

Always sloppy and looks on wrong foot. His one on one was unusually shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.