Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

He's not good offensively and he will never be. The question is if we can live with that. If we keep playing Shaw, that will not be enough. I keep thinking that AWB would be good as a right-sided center back in a back three though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He put a couple of good crosses in today, but neither Rashford or Martial ever attacked them. I don't see an out and out centre forward in either of those two. But that's a different discussion.

I think him being an overly defensive full back is a little overstated. He's decent going forward, not amazing, but he doesn't get a nosebleed when he crosses the halfway line like Darmian did. He's good in possession, keeps the ball and plays it when under pressure. I'd like to see him take on his man more, but apart from that he's doing fine IMO.

Dante

Average bang
He played Grealish on-side for that misskick into an otherwise open net.

As much as I love AWB, he's prone to getting caught out positionally at least once every match.

Untd55

He actually did put a couple of good balls into the box. Our players just never actually get into the box to score from them. Terrible tactics from Solskjaer and poor play from the attackers.

Defensively, he is quality. Honestly, I think he could do a better centre-back job than Lindelof or Maguire.

I think he can improve in attack but not under this manager.

mu4c_20le

Thought he was lively today, and solid at the back. So far out of all the goals we conceded, very few have been down to him, if any at all

A-man

The commentator said something today that I’ve even feeling for a long time; that his passes often put his team mates in difficult situations. Were at least 4-5 of those today. Apart from that, I think he was ok oday.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

He was a bit erratic I thought today. I don’t know what it is when he goes forward but he never seems to be in control of what he is doing. He just looks uncomfortable up there. Some very shoddy moments today in defence that put us under preasure. Like what the hell was with that chop back thing he did. Had no space for it and it really wasn’t needed at all either.

Macedonian Red

With ball in his legs he run like he is on ice. He is great in defence but cant offer something in attack and in modern football where full back are important part in attack he will be problem in attacking side. Look at Liverpool and Leicester sides, full backs are engines of their teams. They run, asisst, scores goals, create. Bisaka havent most of this things.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He actually did put a couple of good balls into the box. Our players just never actually get into the box to score from them. Terrible tactics from Solskjaer and poor play from the attackers.

Defensively, he is quality. Honestly, I think he could do a better centre-back job than Lindelof or Maguire.

I think he can improve in attack but not under this manager.
And I thought I was the only one thinking he could become the brittish Sergio Ramos (from an energetic RB to a decisive CB). I also think his profile fits more a CB position than a fullback, but time will tell.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Guess what lads? He's bang average same as slab head.
I think it's more of a case of bringing them down to our level.

This happens with every player. They look great elsewhere, within a few months they're looking average.

It's just the club plain and simple. The coaching staff aren't improving players.

So many people get sold, go to different clubs and all recover their form. How do you explain that?

GledTheRed

I think it's more of a case of bringing them down to our level.

This happens with every player. They look great elsewhere, within a few months they're looking average.

It's just the club plain and simple. The coaching staff aren't improving players.

So many people get sold, go to different clubs and all recover their form. How do you explain that?
I agree tbh, we make everyone look shite and devoid of any confidence.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
First game of the season i actually rated him, attacking wise. 1st half was his usual self, 2nd half was much much better improvement. He’s driving forward, more adventurous, and willing to get into the box. I kinda like what he’s shown.

EricTheKingTheKing

The commentator said something today that I’ve even feeling for a long time; that his passes often put his team mates in difficult situations. Were at least 4-5 of those today. Apart from that, I think he was ok oday.
Agree with this A-Man, defensively i think he's been by far our best this season. He's an absolute beast when it comes to tackling.
He needs help and coaching when it comes to his decision making when in possession, his passes are either just missing the mark - putting the player receiving the ball under pressure or stops the rhythm of the move. Or, it's just the wrong choice. This can be coached - is he getting this currently? One would hope so, but i don't hold a lot of faith in the genuine coaching that's going o at the club currently.

RedIan

Agree, superb defender, best tackler ive seen in an age... work needed on passing and crossing but first and foremost he's a defender and a very very good one.

Bwuk

His ability on the ball is shockingly bad. How on Earth was he ever considered a winger

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Possibility to get a gif of his no-look pirouette pass? :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One of the best defensive fullback performances I've ever seen. Ridiculous.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Incredible today. Tackle after tackle after tackle. Could’ve been very different if they’d got more balls in from that side.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
10/10 Career defining performance for him at our club. Kept Sterling in his pocket and was impossible to get past.

Will only get better and more consistent.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
We have excuse his attacking. He is simply incredible defending his side. Sterling had nothing.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Massive performance. Near flawless, and easily the POTM.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One of the best defensive fullback performances I've ever seen. Ridiculous.
Agreed. I don't think that's an overstatement either. Please someone gif the moment of the Lindelof block that everyone was gushing over because before that AWB first tackled Sterling out wide and then came out of nowhere to block him in the middle of the box. He was fecking possessed today. Sterling got past him in the first 5 minutes and from that moment it stirred a little demon inside him and he was absolutely fantastic.

Untd55

This is why you want a right-back who can defend. Best full-back in terms of defence in the league with Pereira. He needs to work on his attacking, but having a full-back who can attack but not defend is far worse.

kiristao

Defensively he was amazing today. Needs to do slightly better going forward as he is a key part of trying to get the ball out from the back when the opposition are pressing us

marktan

One of the best defensive full backs I've ever seen. Some players were born to defend.

It's kind of funny actually that England have two very good, but polar-opposite fullbacks in TAA and Wan Bissaka.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Near flawless defensive performance. My MOTM. The boy can tackle, proper old-school full-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.