Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He has really developed his game going forward. Likes it when players work on their weak areas. Very pleased.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I haven't seen anyone else mention it so maybe it's just me, but I've felt he hasn't been as good defensively since the restart. The attackers seem to be getting crosses and passes around him more than they were earlier in the season. He's also out of position a bit as well, but that also happened earlier in the season so not sure if it's gotten worse or remained the same.

AFC NimbleThumb

Really good ball for the offside goal today.

Getting more space with a threatening RW in Greenwood ahead of him.

He’s playing further forward & trying things, they’re not all coming off but it’s good to see him endeavouring.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His attacking game has improved so much, he is more proactive in attack and played some nice crosses. He mixes uo crosses too, played beautiful ground pass/cross for Rashford's disallowed goal, he played similar one in the last game or before that too but no one was at the end of that cross.

meninred

Is it only me who thinks that AWB can play as a central defender

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is very poor at heading the ball and always goes to ground to win tackle. He will be very poor CB. Shaw can become good one, at least in 3 CB system.

-Supreme-

I haven't seen anyone else mention it so maybe it's just me, but I've felt he hasn't been as good defensively since the restart. The attackers seem to be getting crosses and passes around him more than they were earlier in the season. He's also out of position a bit as well, but that also happened earlier in the season so not sure if it's gotten worse or remained the same.
Yes I have noticed this too, he has looked too casual when trying to return back to position...I'm not sure if that's down to energy as we are asking him to go up and down the flank more often than before?

I'd like to see him put more urgency defensively when he is out of position at times

RedWat

Yes I have noticed this too, he has looked too casual when trying to return back to position...I'm not sure if that's down to energy as we are asking him to go up and down the flank more often than before?

I'd like to see him put more urgency defensively when he is out of position at times
I think he is trying to balance his defensive and attacking play, since the restart he hasn't been as great defensively but attacking wise he has been great he now has 4 assists to his name in the league, I may be wrong but I believe only Trent has more assists from a right back and 3rd behind Robertson as a full back, neither Kyle Walker nor Ben Chilwell have that amount of assists this season. Once he gets this balance right He will be the complete full back.

Robbie Boy

Once he fully develops his game he'll be looked back on as a brilliant piece of transfer business.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes. He has bad positioning and poor heading ability. Also, never played there.

He is impossible to dribble though, which makes him great at RB (especially when it comes to defending).

kundalini

Terrible first half from AWB then headed wide a big chance from Rashford's cross.

tjb

Rest needed. He and Macguire have played way more than anyone else this season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Had an absolute mare today. He’s allowed an off game though.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If it weren't for the comparisons to Liverpool's setup with their fullbacks and the fact they are champions, we would be absolutely creaming ourselves over AWB. Rather than comparing him to the current perspective, just compare the way he plays the position to how it has been for a looong time at this club. He offers something completely different to Valencia, he is much more creative and gets in better positions. I can't even remember who played RB before Valencia. Jones, Brown, Smalling, Neville. It has been our weakest position for years upon years, and this guy in his first season has slotted right in and been probably the most consistent 22 year old defender in Europe.

Put everything under a microscope and sure we can find some flaws here and there but I'm truly grateful for his contribution to this team. He should have gotten 2-3 more goals this season, it's almost harder to miss than score a few of those chances :lol: He gets himself in really good positions offensively at times and things like these might be signs there is more to come from the boy.

Dante

Average bang
He's always been positionally suspect. But the guy is 22 and only recently converted to rightback from being a winger.

Mistakes like we saw today are going to happen with AWB. We just have to accept them until he learns the position properly. Thankfully, he more than makes up for it with his tackling in most games.

Teja

He's probably exhausted from all the footy, definitely needs a rest. Williams has been pretty good in that position, don't know why Ole's so hesitant about giving him a start.

Don't mess with what works I guess.

Handré1990

He's always been positionally suspect. But the guy is 22 and only recently converted to rightback from being a winger.

Mistakes like we saw today are going to happen with AWB. We just have to accept them until he learns the position properly. Thankfully, he more than makes up for it with his tackling in most games.
Interesting, I didn’t know that. He’s very impressive 1v1. If that’s the case he’s had an amazing development so far! Good things to come for sure.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

I assumed most had seen this by now, but if not it's a cool watch.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
If it weren't for the comparisons to Liverpool's setup with their fullbacks and the fact they are champions, we would be absolutely creaming ourselves over AWB. Rather than comparing him to the current perspective, just compare the way he plays the position to how it has been for a looong time at this club. He offers something completely different to Valencia, he is much more creative and gets in better positions. I can't even remember who played RB before Valencia. Jones, Brown, Smalling, Neville. It has been our weakest position for years upon years, and this guy in his first season has slotted right in and been probably the most consistent 22 year old defender in Europe.

Put everything under a microscope and sure we can find some flaws here and there but I'm truly grateful for his contribution to this team. He should have gotten 2-3 more goals this season, it's almost harder to miss than score a few of those chances :lol: He gets himself in really good positions offensively at times and things like these might be signs there is more to come from the boy.
Darmian and Rafael

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Darmian and Rafael
Thanks I knew I missed a few names. Still, sadly point still stands :lol: But yeah, Rafael was the last project. Dalot seem as uncertain as Rafael did. I'm really happy we're finally sorted in this position now, because we are. If someone manages to replace him down the line it has to be someone very special, which is exactly how things should be at United.

Tony247

This guy needs a rest. Looked out of wind. Every game he is inching towards the breaking point.

Andersons Dietician

Was dog awful for 20 mins or so then slightly got better. Just his poor heading and positional play that lets him down. Sure he’ll het better at this as others have said he’s still quite new to the position just a worry that th elapses carried on from the previous game.

PoTMS

Really not good enough. Targeted all game due to his inability to play football. Should be converted to centre back but can't pass the ball to save his life.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Everything looks so unnatural whenever he’s on the ball. He really reminds me of a RB Smalling at times.

jem

Was shit today, but the predictable moronic comments have already started.

Rajma

If we’re serious about going into the next season this guy needs upgrading badly, ridiculously bad tonight.

Bwuk

The people who defend him are probably the sort who’d want Smalling to come back and play next to him.

He’s a great athlete, strong as a ox, but he’s poor on the ball and completely reactionary when defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.