Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I couldn't think of anything worse than AWB at CB :lol:

This is clearly just the press having fun and making up a stupid story for clicks. I can't take anybody seriously who thinks this would be a good idea.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's worth trialling out in preseason imo.
Unless he’s shown in training that he can do it because we all know he has bad positioning and can’t head a balloon. It’s just a nonsense idea from a nonsense paper that everyone is running with. Hell it was suggested in here by a poster a couple of days before it appeared in the sun. Coincidence?

romufc

I would say he would be one of the worst choices for a CB option.

The things you want your CB to be good at he is poor at.

1. Positioning - he has very bad positioning
2. Stand your ground - He prefers to go to ground whilst tacking
3. Heading - One of the worst in our squad
4. Composure - He has none

Actually, I would like someone to name me 3 traits he has to succeed at CB?

MDFC Manager

I would say he would be one of the worst choices for a CB option.

The things you want your CB to be good at he is poor at.

1. Positioning - he has very bad positioning
2. Stand your ground - He prefers to go to ground whilst tacking
3. Heading - One of the worst in our squad
4. Composure - He has none

Actually, I would like someone to name me 3 traits he has to succeed at CB?
Absolutely right.

Unless he’s shown in training that he can do it because we all know he has bad positioning and can’t head a balloon. It’s just a nonsense idea from a nonsense paper that everyone is running with. Hell it was suggested in here by a poster a couple of days before it appeared in the sun. Coincidence?
:lol: Don't think its a coincidence at all.

Hughes35

If these is any truth in this (I doubt it) ten I presume it would be because he regularly plays CB in training games and does well.

As others have said though, I don't think this is likely.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree, but if Solskjaer wants to trial a back 3 with AWB during the pre-season, then I'd like to see how it goes. It's a no risk situation in meaningless games.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He'd make a better wing back than a centre back. His attacking has improved more than his defending. I prefer him being reactive to the ball and the ball carrier, considering his positioning can be poor, and often plays attackers onside if he tries to hold the line. He is a good defender, and is more than just a tackler. His blocking, interceptions and ball recovery stats are all very good, but I wouldn't want him in a position where he has to hold the line with other CBs. He could improve at it, but I'd rather we just bought a ready made centre back.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I agree, but if Solskjaer wants to trial a back 3 with AWB during the pre-season, then I'd like to see how it goes. It's a no risk situation in meaningless games.
After last seasons start, rd rather we get into a rhythm than pay attention to something that is unlikely to be true.

meamth

It's weird to say this, but I think if Southgate brought him, England would've won against Italy.

I'm pretty sure AWB can shut off Chiesa. 100% sure of it.

Trippier run ragged today against Chiesa, forcing the team to double team him.

Last edited:

Lassitude42

It's weird to say this, but I think if Southgate brought him, England would've won against Italy.

I'm pretty sure AWB can shut off Chiesa. 100% sure of it.

Trippier run ragged today against Chiesa, forcing the team to double team him.
Yep, this is the sort of big game where the defensive stability that AWB gives you on the right would have been very useful.

meamth

On the other hand - AWB wouldn't cross the ball to Luke Shaw like Trippier did
Well, more importantly if we can nullify their best attacking threat, the game would have been different. Shaw shutting down on the left, AWB shutting down on the right.

Then you have abundance of exciting world class attack on the flank...things would have been easier.

Not to mention the luxury of not losing either Phillips or Rice helping to defend against Chiesa.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well, more importantly if we can nullify their best attacking threat, the game would have been different. Shaw shutting down on the left, AWB shutting down on the right.

Then you have abundance of exciting world class attack on the flank...things would have been easier.

Not to mention the luxury of not losing either Phillips or Rice helping to defend against Chiesa.
There have been games where AWB didn't shut anything down for Utd. Anything could have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.