Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

rooney2009

He had a brilliant game yesterday
His chest controls wer amazing
He is not the finished product yet but He is going to be a very good player very very soon
We just need to persevere with him
He is gaining more confidence and experience the more games he plays

Hughes35

RW, CB (replace Lindelof) and CF have to be our priorities. These 3 positions would completely transform us IMO.

Replace Maguire, he's slow and not good enough in the air
Maguire not good in the air? I can't agree with that. I'm not his greatest fan but being good in the air is one thing he absolutely is.

Hughes35

Agreed, although i would prioritise a quality DM before another CB.

One of our biggest problems right now, is that Ole is adamant about us playing out from the back, but depending on who we play at CM and if we get pressed or not, our success at doing just that swings pretty wildly.

If we can get a DM with a good engine who is just a decent all-rounder i think our transition from defence to attack suddenly is going to go a lot smoother
Agree with this too. Just think we are already well stocked with ok players in midfield. Matic, Fred and Mctom are not amazing but we can get by with them. Allan or Partey would have been good signings though.

Still think there are about 8 players that are utter deadwood or will be deadwood in the next year. We could easily ship out and replace with 4-5 good players who can contribute.

Man Utd 6:2 Leeds United

Bojan11

He is our weakest defender. Every opposition attack seems to happen down his side and he can’t defend the back post.

Zoo

He was up against Leeds’ best player tbf. That Raphinha looks like a gem.

Rajma

Awful, I would get rid tomorrow if I could. Leeds players had all the joy on his flang, he never follows the runner so easy to get in behind him.

thepolice123

Thought it was a pretty poor performance. His positioning was awful. They targetted runs on his blind side and kept hitting through balls past him. Struggled to get back all the time.

Nori-

It's so disappointing how bad he is upfront.

Defensively he is one of the best in his position, but the second you want him to help in an attack, he looks like a deer in headlights.

Deffo think some solid competition for his place will do him some good.

Rajma

It's so disappointing how bad he is upfront.

Defensively he is one of the best in his position, but the second you want him to help in an attack, he looks like a deer in headlights.

Deffo think some solid competition for his place will do him some good.
Defensively he was our worst player by a country mile today, what are you on about. There’s very little about him that makes his useful.

He is our weakest defender. Every opposition attack seems to happen down his side and he can’t defend the back post.
Genuinely awful defender, in so many aspects.

I don't even really care about his attacking play at this point... I don't expect anything, I don't get anything.

In possession, I actually think he's improved a bit - although teams still clearly use him as a pressing trigger - but his defensive play and defensive intensity are just absolutely god awful.

Last edited:

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
Should only be used in games against dangerous wingers, that's it.
Take away his good tackle and his probably one of the worst defender in the league, hard to belive he's a professional footballer.

The United

Well, again his positioning. He likes to leave his behind wide open all the time.

oops.

Nori-

Defensively he was our worst player by a country mile today, what are you on about. There’s very little about him that makes his useful.
Today he wasn't great, I agree. Over the course of last season and some parts of this season, he is a rock at right back. Nothing gets past him.

Just a pity he can't be as useful upfront.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Like all players he has been found out a little and he has to work on adding more to his game.

Teams avoid one v one versus him but drag him out from RB and then pass around him, doesn't have the recovery pace to get back.

Also when he has the ball, they let him have it.

acnumber9

He was left one on one constantly. Quite often two v one. But, he does need to improve his positioning and awareness.

Tony247

This is not AWB of last year for sure. No longer reassuring, solid. Looks like lost a yard of pace.

Don't get how he hasn't improved his back post defending at all, surely there has to be coaching there because he gets left under the ball/mistimes his header 90% of the time. Should've conceded a few more today because of him

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well...second half was criminal. He was getting a pass for attacking play because if his defensive play. But lately he is bad on both sides of the pitch. Needs benching but hecis the only rb in squad

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Blah blah. 3 years playing his position. He will get better.

Absolutely rubbish fans.

Instant success and glory hunters.

el3mel

Unfortunately our worst player today. He has been in a period of some terrible form recently. Maybe a rest in the next cup game will help.

Kag

He desperately needs to sort out his positioning at the back post. It’s a huge problem for us.

He needs some competition and cover. I’m not worried on the whole, though, and some of the reactions are exaggerated.

kundalini

Awful performance. A liability through-out. Careless passes back without thinking about the threat from Leeds players. Misjudged crosses from the other side.

Saddy

Trppier in 1st January and give him some direct competition - he's still young give him a chance FFS

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Like all players he has been found out a little and he has to work on adding more to his game.

Teams avoid one v one versus him but drag him out from RB and then pass around him, doesn't have the recovery pace to get back.

Also when he has the ball, they let him have it.
Not sure I'd go along with that. It wasn't a good performance today, but his pace is one of his strongest assets and he shows it in every match. I expect it's a big reason why he's instructed to tuck in so far, as Ole knows he has the pace to close a player down.

That said, his weaknesses were on show again today - terrible in the air and not good enough on the ball.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Need to get a RB to challenge him in January. His defending has been all over the place and his attacking game hasn't improved that much from where he was.

Silas

Annoying player. Never warmed to him (or wanted him) because he can't attack, but now he can barely defend either. 1v1, he's insane, but he's let us down in every other aspect recently.

Ekeke

He was decent. He's not very good in the air and having a CB next to him who is also not good in the air (far more important that they are) and a goalkeeper who never leaves his line means its always going to be an area that can cause concern.

But if your solution to a keeper who is afraid to deal with crosses and a CB who is poor in the air is to play a rightback just because he's quite good in the air, then you truly have problems

Who are all these rightbacks that are good in the air?

Spurs have Doherty who has played 6 times and a mostly attacking player. Other than that nobody seems to have a rightback who is good in the air from ourselves and our rivals. What they do have is most likely a CB who isnt weak in the air next to their right back and a goalkeeper that will occasionally take a cross.

He made some good contributions defensively, was okay in attack. He certainly wasnt Vidic at rightback but nobody is

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was bad enough that he wasn’t very good on the ball but defensively he’s turned rubbish now too. He clearly needs a rest and some competition.

PoTMS

How much would we get if we tried selling him? We would be lucky to get £15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.