Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

How on earth can you have watched these two games and conclude we haven't missed him :lol:

Tuanzebe had a mare against Everton and in Sholesies words "Lindelof at fullback is something I hope we don't see again"

I honestly think there isn't a right fullback in the world who you lot wouldn't slag off.
Are you kidding? I thought Tuanzebe was good against Everton and I thought Lindelof was very much okay today.

Dinghy

They got past us on the right wing with relative ease a few times. There was that one overshot cross to Vardy, for example.
With relative ease, really? Thought Lindelof would struggle against Barnes, but they did basically nothing down that side.

Eriku

With relative ease, really? Thought Lindelof would struggle against Barnes, but they did basically nothing down that side.
I said a few times, not all the time. You’re the one who said they did nothing down that side.

Anyway, these details aren’t worth quibbling about.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hopefully he's back for tomorrows game and keep Neto quiet in a potential 1v1 battle which is his forte.

Last edited:

G-MUFC

We really missed his defensive quality against Leicester. I'd have fancied him to have kept Barnes quiet.

We'll need his defensive quality in the new few games for sure. We cannot play Lindelof there again!

eire-red

I think we get hung up on his attacking ability too often, and how bad he is on the ball. I think with a quality, natural winger in front of him he can be an adequate support option. For me, he's a brilliant athlete and if he can learn to time his overlaps, he can be an effective attacking option just by making those runs. He doesn't even need to receive it, I would just like to see him to it more often. His crossing is very poor though, he needs to work on that big time.

As to people questioning him defensively, he can improve on his positioning for aerial duels at the back post, that's a glaring weakness. However, I think we take for granted how often he's left 2 v 1 down his side, and more often than not he manages to deal with it. Once again, I think with a natural winger who does his defensive duties as well, he could form a very good partnership.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think we get hung up on his attacking ability too often, and how bad he is on the ball. I think with a quality, natural winger in front of him he can be an adequate support option. For me, he's a brilliant athlete and if he can learn to time his overlaps, he can be an effective attacking option just by making those runs. He doesn't even need to receive it, I would just like to see him to it more often. His crossing is very poor though, he needs to work on that big time.

As to people questioning him defensively, he can improve on his positioning for aerial duels at the back post, that's a glaring weakness. However, I think we take for granted how often he's left 2 v 1 down his side, and more often than not he manages to deal with it. Once again, I think with a natural winger who does his defensive duties as well, he could form a very good partnership.
No doubt my man, very good post I agree with everything. Not to mention he is the same age as Rashford so very likely to develop further as well.

eire-red

No doubt my man, very good post I agree with everything. Not to mention he is the same age as Rashford so very likely to develop further as well.
Yep, plenty of room for improvement for AWB, considering he also broke through at a later age than usual, and is playing in a position where normally it takes longer for players to develop.

Still wouldn't be against giving him some competition, or even a more attacking outlet on the right, similar to the dynamic we see with Shaw and Telles. Maybe Laird could provide that? That guy seems cursed with injuries though.

NoPace

He's comfortably our best rightback, but we need a second one who is better on the ball as an option for me, especially against teams that sit deep or when we go 3 at the back. Trippier does make sense tactically but a 30 year old fullback has to be cheap and not breaking the wage bank.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Masterful defensive performance, he had stopped pretty much every attack on his flank.

Superunknown

Unfortunately, I die a little inside every time I see him in an attacking position. I want it to work out for him, but I really think we need to go into the market again for a right back who looks more comfortable on the ball.

Don't think I've ever called a player lazy - I know players like Pogba, Shaw, Martial have all had the tag at different times - but it's always felt like a really base level, unhelpful evaluation to me.

But Wan-Bissaka is fecking lazy.

I have never seen a player walk back on dangerous counter-attacks so consistently. Every game..usually multiple times. He does it without a care in the world. Occassionally he'll bless us with a jog.

It's absolutely infurating.

Even moreso when you factor in that he's acting like some throwback, early-2000s, Riquelme-esque luxury number 10 while bringing absolutely zero luxury. He's not even a good defender. It's a comical situation.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I value him very much in the squad. A useful player in the squad.

Everyone rides Neto's dong, but him and Adama did nothing.

I want AWB and an attacking RB competing and we are sorted.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have you noticed how he’s unmarked in acres of space on the byline every game? Teams don’t even bother tracking him. The disrespect :lol:

PoTMS

He's a poor footballer. Poor defensively and let's not even talk about his attacking play. At the moment, he wouldn't start at any other Premier League side.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is a problem in our home games. Offers absolutely nothing in attack. He was excellent in defence though

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was fully aboard the hype train. Absolutely loved him after his first few games. I also really liked Darmian after 5-6 matches.

He's a squad player and we need a first choice right back. He is absolutely woeful in possession.

Silverman

Wolves were leaving him competently open when we were attacking cos they knew he would contribute nothing.
Our own players look reluctant to pass to him in an attacking position.
It's just not good enough. Would love if he could improve that area but it's gonna have to happen soon.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's an attacking wasteland. Opposition teams can just cram the left hand side and leave AWB alone knowing he won't hurt them. His use of the ball is lower league level sometimes. He couldn't cross a zebra crossing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Kudos for staying fit all the time, plays every game and there's simply no rivalry on his position, but that doesn't mean every thing he did today was wrong.

Quite early move in his career to team like United, prepared or not.

AshRK

He's a poor footballer. Poor defensively and let's not even talk about his attacking play. At the moment, he wouldn't start at any other Premier League side.
He lacks attacking threat but this comment is what you call overreaction. Defensively he is a beast and will start for many teams.

Gibb11

Its abundantly clear our right side is our biggest problem and the whole thing with Sancho just doesnt solve the issue of our right side, the full backs provide the width and Wan Bissaka is not good enough offensively and really cripples our game. We have got to have an upgrade on him and it should have been our priority last summer

lenny_1248

He's so bad, I don't even have the words to describe.
Absolutely clueless and useless. He just kills our build-up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
did he get a bang on the head sometime last year?

Absolutely awful. He looks like he’s completely forgotten how to play the game. Positionally awful in both attack and defence, does nothing with the ball. He’s an absolute passenger.

Based Adnan

Everytime he gets forward he's just there to be there rather than with any intent to actually do something

We need another first choice RB

Lassitude42

He was too timid in attack today, but strong defensively, it was a 6.5/10 performance

thepolice123

He is completely oblivious of whats happening on his blindside.

Didn't mark Fabio Silva for his chance around the 80th minute. In the first half there was the typical AWB positioning error when he stuck too close to Bailly and let the cross reach the man on the far post.

Renegade

Literally only has his slide tackle recover in his locker. He isn’t great defensively because he constantly allows people in behind him. His attacking play is non existent, doesn’t even pretend to want to get involved in the attacking play. If he could make a run past Greenwood then it gives Greenwood more of a opportunity to cut in and shoot or cross.

for 50m it isn’t good enough. Especially for a team trying to compete for
Top honours. CB’s like Ivanovic and Wes Brown have more to their game from an attacking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.